Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Pillar Humping in Duels?

Quote Originally Posted by Risky_business
    I understand that Arena is serious business and that some items and abilities shouldn't be usable.

But what has happened to duels?

When I duel it's mainly for fun, so who cares if someone use an invisibility potion or pops nitro boosts?
    Mostly it's because when a lot of people challenge a duel, they want to see who can win in a straight-up fight.

If you win because you used all sorts of potions, gadgets, and other things that aren't part of your character, I don't walk away thinking the better fighter won. I walk away thinking that the person with tons of money to waste won, and that the duel was a waste of my time.

@Don Yak: Forgive me, but to my knowledge, nobody dies in a duel. And if you think honor is worthless, that tells me a great deal about you (the comments you made would not be made by a person who believes that honor has value).

*shrug* but if you want to use such things, just get the rules of the duel clarified before you start. If you don't want to duel without such things, just say "anything goes". Just about any rule set is fine if both participants agree to it.

Deleted

What you can use in battlegrounds, can you use in duels in my opinion.

That means no flying mount.

But I assume people duel in order to test their strength and skills versus a specific class/spec, which makes stuff like potions, major cooldowns and other gimmick stuff a bit stupid to use, since it unbalance the fight.

anything that goes in arena goes in duels imo, other things are just not necessary, but pillar humping does not go imo, you should beat them anyways, you can hop behind a pillar to drink but not dot and permanently run behind pillars, just lame..

10+ Year Old Account

i normally ask them b4 we duel if they want arena rules or fight to teh death =D, but im a warrior, what huge CD do i have, mainly its so i dont get lolraped by others
    Prot for life!

10+ Year Old Account

I consider duels to be fun and just a way to help pass time. People using long CDs or pots just take it too serious. I use meh rocket boots and other various gadgets I get from engineering but that makes it more fun to me.

The only time I go all out is when I'm dueling my friend IRL who is a Paladin when I'm on my Hunter. He will use anything to win. He takes it a bit too serious. He bubbles, pops LoH and even pots from time to time. So when I win I laugh and accept his rematch.

When it comes to BGs or Arena however I use anything I have at my disposal.
    "Blade with whom I have lived, blade with whom I now die. Serve right and justice one last time. Seek one last heart of evil, still one last life of pain. Cut well old friend, then farewell."

Anything goes. Anything.

People say pots aren't, but you know what, if i'm an alchemist, I should be able to use my profession. If you have gems or enchants, extra sockets from BS, more stam/ap/sp from leatherworking, cloak kit, bombs, nitro boots, bonus crit from skinning, more stam from mining, herbie hot.... turn it off before the duel, or i'm using pots. Simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

i dueled my 80 dk friend, he was in full pvp and i was in my enhance pve so i popped everything, wolves/fire ele/bl and owned him, he said i cheated lol

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku
    Anything goes. Anything.

People say pots aren't, but you know what, if i'm an alchemist, I should be able to use my profession. If you have gems or enchants, extra sockets from BS, more stam/ap/sp from leatherworking, cloak kit, bombs, nitro boots, bonus crit from skinning, more stam from mining, herbie hot.... turn it off before the duel, or i'm using pots. Simple.
    Of course is it accepted to use Flask of the North, but I think most people in this thread are refering to healing/mana potions, stuff like invisibility potions and free action potions.

duels should be treated like arena, when it comes to pillar humping i lol because obviously you wont live going toe-to-toe with your opponent, just /forfeit

No pots or lay on hands
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity
    Tanks and healers are like women, they subsist on compliments and praise.

I understand that, "Sir". However, I will use everything at my disposal to aid me in duels.

If there are to be rules as to what is not acceptable then I suggest people take that up with the developers and get them to ban certain items and class abilities the same as they have done for Lolrena. Until then, anything goes.

Not that it makes the slightest bit of difference anyway, I'll more than likely lose as I am an abysmal PvPer.
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

10+ Year Old Account

I don't challenge people to duels, considering it's nothing more than an epeen fight. But, hey, if you want to go toe-to-toe with me, then be ready for everything.

This isn't arenas ; all my tricks are good to go.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

all but resto druids.

you can do what ever you want in duels, they aint so big thing

10+ Year Old Account

To be honest, a duel is more equal to world PvP than arena. What if I'm not an arena player, but rather a BG+world pvper? Why shall I play with your arena rules? Why can't I do whatever I want and pop my army of dead/fire elemental/pot/engineering items/etc.

Sure, when I duel I mostly play with the "arena rule". But if you duel anyone without telling any rules, then you are free to do whatever you can do. So don't whine, you didn't clarify the rules.
    Vol'jin fanboy

I'm an affliction Warlock and when destro warlock and arcane mages duel me and I don't just stand their in an open field and "Trade nukes" they Nerd rage. Sorry there Mr. 30k burst, but I'm damage over time, that's not how I roll.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Deleted

Anything that's allowed in Arena is allowed in duels. Nitro boosts are not. Pillar humping is, of course.
    All classes may drink, mages may eat+drink (they can conjure that stuff in Arena aswell). Pots are cheating, of course, same goes for Flasks (non-alchemy).

Of course, both participants can agree on other rules beforehand.

Us "real duelers" consider it lame if its in a durotar/sw chill dueling enviorment.
    Dueling for a price or a dueling tournament or some shit like that it should most likely be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arena Master Bobzor of The Horde
    Us "real duelers" consider it lame if its in a durotar/sw chill dueling enviorment.

No we don't. '_'

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by makominami
    I normally consider it a win on my side when a opponent paladin loh's, and also army of the dead in a duel is a little iffy too, pretty much anything with a cd of 10 min or more
    However, being forced to counter 30-sec cooldowns with 5-min+ cooldowns can't keep going for very long.