Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Halion Video, Blue posts, SSOTD

Ruby Sanctum PTR - Halion Kill Video
    EF BIE EI (EU - Dalvengyr) released a video of their kill of Halion on the PTRs. Don't forget that US PTR testing is tonight!

HTML Code:
    <object width="640" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J_S277XtDvY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J_S277XtDvY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="405"></embed></object>

Cataclysm Screenshot of the Day
    A new screenshot has been added to the Screenshot of the Day Gallery.

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Female Worgen hair styles
    They will have hair styles to choose from. The model is still a work in-progress and the pictures provided to our fan sites show her with no hair style. (Source)

Larger health pools / AOE Damage in boss fights
    The first part is definitely a goal. The second part has been taken out of context a bit. I was saying that I was sure we would still have *some* fights with raid-wide AoE damage because that mechanic is one way to make healing feel different from encounter to encounter. But it is not a design to have persistent damage auras as part of every encounter. It's also not a design goal to have crowd control part of every encounter, but overall we expect you'll be doing more CC (and therefore less group tanking) than in Wrath. (Source)

Is Remote AH an ingame advantage?
    First off, no correlation can be made here between the idea of releasing a Remote Auction House feature and that of releasing epic equipment for sale. The ground is still quite firm on that slope.

Second, a player who has more time in a week to play the game than you has an advantage over you by this same standard. Someone that has an hour or more a day to use the Auction House than you do has an advantage, and they're not even charged extra for it. The Remote Auction House provides no in-game functionality that isn't already available to every single player as often as they can or want to use it. The only difference now is that, for an additional monthly fee, players can use the Auction House in a remote fashion without having to log into the game client.

I'm not sure how many time Blizzard has to say they won't sell gear before people will believe them.
    It's a legitimate concern. I'd share it if I weren't confident about our commitment to our players and our ultimate goal of creating epic games with incredible support and bonus features. Some players fear this happening so much though, that they almost wait for it to happen. With nearly any announcement we make about additional features or flavor items which have a cost associated, this is then seen as a sign of the slippery slope, no matter how large the leap to an adequate assertion may be.

Our core philosophy has not changed and we feel we're being very reasonable about the products and premium services we're offering. They allow us to maintain a strong company, afford and maintain state-of-the-art tools and hardware, keep some of the most talented staff in the gaming industry around, and continue making great games. (Source)

Re: Halion Video, Blue posts, SSOTD

insane fight, cant wait to fight this guy, thx Boub!

Nice to see Blizzard remaining very firm and very vocal about the whole 'we aren't going to sell gear' stance.

Anyone else notice the mage at 1:11-1:14 NOT get out of the fire?

Quote Originally Posted by Silentecho
    insane fight, cant wait to fight this guy, thx Boub!
    Aye looks like a lot of fun !

World of Warcraft: Map || Screenshots

Nice to know Blizzard still care !

10+ Year Old Account

That fight looks ike a lot fo fun.

Fight looks nice, HM can be interesting

And the Music is just awesome!

Deleted

Best choice of music ever!

Wildstylez - No time to waste <3.

EF BIE EI! I thank you for using this music.

I was noticing quite a few Chain Heals going on in the Twilight realm. Is there constant AoE damage from Halion, or does the realm itself provide a DoT/debuff?

Looks like an awesome fight much more than sarth
    Nerdrage-15 Minute Cooldown. You enter a berserker rage, increasing typing speed by 75%, chance to hit CAPS LOCK by 50% and decreasing chance to get laid by 100%. You feel no pity or remorse and can not be stopped unless banned.

Whoah, that fight looks intense!
    I really want to know what Addons that Priest was using.. daugh.

I love how when the fire comes down though it hits and goes in an X shape, looks like it torches up the ground too!

Fight seem easy, but at least we got some filler while we wait for catalysm trololo

Quote Originally Posted by Barinthos
    I thought the same thing, but pretty sure it was Mirror Image.

Thanks for the link up Boub. Looks like a fun fight.

I also agree, I like the fact that they're speaking up about NOT selling GEAR.

10+ Year Old Account

Awesome can't wait ;D
    A very don't stand in the fire fight ;D
    "Don’t focus on the one guy who hates you. You don’t go to the park and set your picnic down next to the only pile of dog shit."

Quote Originally Posted by Barinthos
    That was mirror image. The mage is firespec, the mirror image was using frostbolt.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&cn=Mansons

The fight looks very fun! Cant wait to try it.

Oh and WTF is up with that über-crap-piece-of-a** music in the Halion video!??!

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Our core philosophy has not changed and we feel we're being very reasonable about the products and premium services we're offering. They allow us to maintain a strong company, afford and maintain state-of-the-art tools and hardware, keep some of the most talented staff in the gaming industry around, and continue making great games. Smiley
    Because really the $10-15 million dollars you make every month from subscriptions doesn't already cover all your salary / state of the art tools and hardware. Wish they'd just admit that they introduce the flavour purchasable items cause they wanna increase their stock options and xmas bonus.
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

Deleted

in before "too easy"

10+ Year Old Account

Dude, that fight looks so epic. Flames galore.