Need threat help

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...l&cn=Sorophine

as you can see, im blood tank
    as topic says, i need help with threat, im in a good raiding guild (11/12 25hc), but i have some threat issues and sometimes our RL yells at me
    is something wrong with my talents, glyphs (i know the pestilence one is not used often, but i somehow got used to it and cant get used to playing without it, but i think the rune strike wouldnt increase threat much, would it?) or gear?
    there is what i do: i usualy start by DaD and then IT PS and HS, when runes refresh, it is DS and HS with all death runes, then refresh diseases and all over again, i push rune strike every time it procs and use DC when all abilities are on cd and i have full runic power
    i usually play with 150-200ms latency (bad connection), could that be serious threat issue?
    am i doing anything wrong? everyone tells me other DKs push way more threat than i do, but i have read all guides i ccould find and follow them, im rly desperate

Re: Need threat help

Firstly, try macroing Rune Strike to all your abilities, so that you're sure it's always up.

An example macro would be this:

/cast Blood Strike
    /cast !Rune Strike

The ! is there for something important, I just can't remember what at the moment.

I don't play a Death Knight, so I can't really advice you any more

Deleted

Chuck in an odd Icy Touch or two when you need a threat boost. Oh, and macro Rune Strike to all your abilities.

Replace your Glyph of Disease with Glyph of Rune Strike. This will boost your threat from diseases (because one icy touch + one plague strike blows one pestilence out of the water) and gives you another 10% crit on rune strike. Also I'd take 1-3 points from Spell Reflection and put them in Scent of Blood. Helps with getting more RSs off.
    \o\ \o> \o/ <o/ /o/
    Quote Originally Posted by Falric
    This pear... so delicious...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzro
    Ugh, do they have English/American call centres or are they Indian?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Gravion

Quote Originally Posted by Gravion
    Also I'd take 1-3 points from Spell Reflection and put them in Scent of Blood. Helps with getting more RSs off.
    i have tried this, but the RP even now mostly goes waste after first few seconds of fight, because there are very few gcd for DC and the spell reflection proved extremely useful on nearly all bosses in icc, mostly on blood princes and sindragosa, im not gonna give away that talent

10+ Year Old Account

If your glyphed with disease your missing out on that huge IT buff they gave DK tanks. So just put in glyph of RS and that is it.

Deleted

This will probably end up getting merged with the Sticky where you should have posted. Anyway -

Use the Rotation in the Sticky and ditch GoD, you'll see a large Threat boost from using more ITs. Get GoRS instead. Also use the Rune Strike Macros like already said.

Ditch SD like already said, its worthless. Get like 3/3 in SoB or 2/3 SoB and 1 point into Rune Tap/Scent of Blood, whatever you want. You'll probably want Glyph of Blood Tap as well so you don't pay HP each time you use BT instead of GoHoW.

In response to your post, you don't use the SoB RP for DC, you use it for Rune Strike. No offense but you're starting to sound like an E-bayer, unless you re-specced to Tanking last night for the first time in your life, 'cause 90% of the DK population knows to Macro RS to every Strike at least, and not knowing to Macro Rune Strike isn't something thats really expected usually from someone that has 11/12 ICC Heroic.

You also have a shit-load of Hit, use the Armor Neck from ICC 25 if you can get it. Also, Jug's Vita is generally better than CSK due to the proc which you can Macro together with VB and you get a nice boost there. You're also Gemming for Expertise Hybrid Gems, change those to Stamina Gems except for the Helm one which you need for the Meta.

Get another Weapon too, something like Cryptmaker if you really want Hit or Shadow's Edge idk something, just not the Claymore. You'll probably also want to get the Crafted Pillars of Might Legs. If you do and you want more Expertise go for Ramaladni's Heroic or LK's Glorenzelg from Normal Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Eislin
    i have tried this, but the RP even now mostly goes waste after first few seconds of fight, because there are very few gcd for DC and the spell reflection proved extremely useful on nearly all bosses in icc, mostly on blood princes and sindragosa, im not gonna give away that talent
    I don't really play my DK anymore but a couple things you said stand out.
    1) Your RP should be getting used by RS, not DC. As others have stated, glyph for RS and macro it to each attack, much like a warrior or Druid would with HS or maul.
    2) Glyph of disease is more of a dps glyph. Skipping out on IT is bad for your threat. Truthfully, if you want a boss to stick on you like glue just spam IT until he develops immunity to it.
    3) I may have assumed you were unaware of above points, and if I misjudged you I apologize. If you really were unaware (of above), I would like to know how your guild managed to go 11/12, and if they'd like to carry me next.

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    Firstly, try macroing Rune Strike to all your abilities, so that you're sure it's always up.

An example macro would be this:

/cast Blood Strike
    /cast !Rune Strike

The ! is there for something important, I just can't remember what at the moment.

I don't play a Death Knight, so I can't really advice you any more
    The reason to why the exclamation mark is there is because if you don't have it and you 'spam' the ability RS will turn on and off instead of actually getting used as /cast !rune strike means that you can spam it without it being deactivated and activated. A good example is - When you spam your DnD button it will flash as in activating and deactivating the ability. If you were to make a macro with /Cast !Death and Decay it would remain activated while you spam the button.

Tell me if my explanation sucked and I'll find a video explaining it. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Linuilas
    Chuck in an odd Icy Touch or two when you need a threat boost. Oh, and macro Rune Strike to all your abilities.
    ...NO! You do not macro it into every one of your abilities, that will just make you lose control over your Runic Power as a result.

I'm not saying my way is right but what I've done it I've macroed Rune Strike into my most used abilities and spammed one of my action bars with Rune Strike to see when it's lit up and be able to calculate how much RP I have at all times, it has saved my life several times, and speeds up my reaction time as I know approximately how much RP I have at all times.

@OP: To improve your threat you can do the following things

1. Gem for hit and a bit of expertise (not recommended as it will reduce your survivability)
    2. Ask for TotT and MD's
    3. As you have T10 2pc bonus I recommend using DnD every CD, if you don't have runes for it, then make it so you do, it's a massive boost to your threat, I often find myself being at 18k TPS when DnD is down without any MD's and TotT's.

Your glyphs and spec look nice, a good combination of survivability and threat-generation, though I would think, as you're in a guild who is 11/12 ICC25 HM that you would be specced completely into survivability and not a hybrid like mediocre geared tanks would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

Deleted

Desirie, the OP has 10% Hit, Hit isn't her issue. Her issue is lack of RS and ITs which today make up a large portion of our Threat Production. If you want the highest Threat possible you Macro Rune Strike to everything if you want mediocre for better RP control you only macro it to some, in the OP's case I believe she'd want all.

Death and Decay also doesn't create enough Threat to beat an IT - PS - HS. Those 3 runes would be most wisely used on an IT - PS - HS or a DS depending on what point of your Rotation you're on.

Your glyphs and spec look nice, a good combination of survivability and threat-generation, though I would think, as you're in a guild who is 11/12 ICC25 HM that you would be specced completely into survivability and not a hybrid like mediocre geared tanks would.
    Would you be so nice as to inform us of what Spec you have in mind exactly? Hybrid Specs have already been discussed here and have been found rather lacking.