Challenge Mode Question!

Can I do Challenge Modes and aim for Gold with Flex and some LFR gear?

I'm trying to get this done before they remove it so I'm desperate!

If you can get your T16 4 piece set bonus and your BiS trinket on any difficulty, then you should be fine.

Deleted
    Setbonuses and legendary procs is disabled in challenge mode and all gear scales down to 463 but you can use the extra socket from legendary quest chain on a tot weapon for some extra stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    If you can get your T16 4 piece set bonus and your BiS trinket on any difficulty, then you should be fine.
    2pc/4pc set bonuses don't work in cmodes. And all of your gear is scaled down to 463 ilvl, so as long as your set is above that you'll be fine.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gear scales down, so any gear above blue-level dungeon quality can work. There are BiS lists out there that can give you an idea of what you should aim for (sockets!).

Tier set bonuses are disabled for CMs, so tier pieces are just as viable as non-tier pieces.

Item level is irrelevent as long as it's over 463. SoO gear has more sockets though, which does help.

Set bonuses are disabled, and you don't need "BIS" trinkets.

Yes. Your gear is pretty much fine.

Huh. Didn't know set bonuses were disabled.

I guess just grab any gear that's above 463 and just gem/enchant the stuff.

For gold any gear >= 463 will do, just try to get more sockets as possible and gem/reforge appropriately.
    Experience > Gear, especially in challenge mode.

what are you talking about in CMs set bonus's don't work and some of the best trinkets to use for CMs are the heroic dungeon ones as current BiS trinkets are terrible when scaled down, combined with the fact heroic dungeon trinkets have a short ICD.

CM gear is primarily about prioritising your best stats for 463 ilvl but its easily doable in normal raid gear, the more sockets you have on all your gear the better, BiS weapon is a weapon from ToT and legs with 3 sockets and such will give you a massive bonus, also get a spare helm to put in a normal meta gem as LMG doesn#t work also, if you have around 14 plus sockets in your gear along with some decent trinkets (ie go for trinkets with a short ICD or ones that give you as much of your main stat as possible).

Im not certain about this but wouldnt the SoO boa's be just as good as a tot weapon+eye of the black prince since they have an extra socket?

Challenge modes in reality aren't that difficult. You dont NEED to have any of the BIS gear, nor do you NEED specific trinkets like the darkmoon cards. As long as you have gear with some sockets and all your enchantments, getting gold is not hard. If you're going for realm best times on the other hand, then you have to start scrutinizing your gear

You can get it easily with LFR gear, that's how I did it. The things that don't scale down are gems. As long as you have invi pots, some players willing to wait a bit with resets and such. You'll do fine. It's even better if you get players that know how to do it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...der=true&gid=2

It's set on hunter cause my main is a hunter, though this is the BiS for the best specs for CMs.