Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is there a good utility spec for heroic icc10?

So I started doing heroic icc10 this week and we got 7/12 fairly easily but we had problems on some fights such as saura/vd/sindi didn't attempt putri, so anyways I was wondering if there was a good utility spec that had like shadowfury and soul link and such. I've heard destro is better in heroic than aff, was just wondering if the specs in the compendium are the best in heroic as well.

Re: Is there a good utility spec for heroic icc10?

Do us a favor and post the rest of your group composition. If you are looking to fully utilize group buffs, this is a big determinate.

Also, remember on Dreamwalker that if you have a pally healer you should use demon armor and stand on the dragon. The pally healer beacons the dragon and heals you. This results in additional 20% (20 + 3% per talent point up to 29%) which a huge chunk of extra healing on dreamwalker.
    This space for rent.

for my destro spec i took 2 points from backdraft and put them into shadowfury and soul link (have to keep imp soul leach still)

I'm not sure if those are the best two options, i didnt test or look it up.

just having shadow fury and soul link allows you to keep your pve dps high and also gives some survivability. and since they are the key components to destro pvp will allow you to own up BG's and some lower-mid level arena too
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

I kept my main destro spec, but would drop a point in Imp.Soul Leech for Shadowfury, for say, Dreamwalker, Saurfang, LK etc.

Shadowfury is actually really useful for alot of fights in ICC

otherwise I just stick with Demo
    Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    rawrrrr, i decided to make a new toon and now i can't get into the game....
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyth View Post
    this is the dumbest person i have ever seen.

I have shadowfury and soul link in my destro spec for the hardmodes.

15+ Year Old Account

Relpenishment is more important that DP. Replenishment with Shadowfury is as many other said very usefull. Manaregen can be a bit of problem in some less optimized 10man grps.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    Relpenishment is more important that DP. Replenishment with Shadowfury is as many other said very usefull. Manaregen can be a bit of problem in some less optimized 10man grps.
    Backlash, at 1% crit per point is a rather 'meh' talent you wont miss to pick up extra utility.

Agree with Jessicka, imo the soul link owns the 1% crit in ICC 10 HC considering the reasonably high amount of raid damage, and it's easily worth taking out another point if replenishments needed. Since my new 10 HC compo usually features either a retridin or shadowpriest, or both, I just stick with Demonology most of the time considering we massively outgear Saurfang 10 anyway.

Demo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    Basically, my last guild leader was a wheel-chair bound Mexican who wanted to be Black, posted pictures of his dad claiming it was him, had the hots for his sister, created a fantasy in which his sister was his wife and that they had twin daughters together, and thought he was an FBI agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Modez
    Do us a favor and post the rest of your group composition. If you are looking to fully utilize group buffs, this is a big determinate.

Also, remember on Dreamwalker that if you have a pally healer you should use demon armor and stand on the dragon. The pally healer beacons the dragon and heals you. This results in additional 20% (20 + 3% per talent point up to 29%) which a huge chunk of extra healing on dreamwalker.
    Demon Armor doesn't work, this is something that I tried the moment they changed beacon to heal for overheals aswell. The heal taken for Beacon of Light is the heal before the effect of Demon Armor.

and demo's don't forget felguard charge, take it off auto cast and its a 3sec stun usable when needed
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

For a while i was running Demo with 2 points in improved healthstones (some people in our 25 have issues... i was hoping to maybe save a wipe once and a while, but an extra 1k heal isn't that bit), but i've since switched to 2 points in master summoner. I got caught in the frostmourne room, and apparently demo has some issues with the interrupt (felguard intercept didn't work for me, fears don't work at all). While in most scenarios the near-instant summon is just a minor convenience, it could save a wipe on normal LK. Easiest way for demo to get through the frostmourne room (besides attempting to burst the spirit down), is to quicksummon a felhunter and interrupt/cleanse the channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger
    and demo's don't forget felguard charge, take it off auto cast and its a 3sec stun usable when needed
    I have found this surprisingly useful on Saurfang HC. Sure, Pushback+frost traps is usually enough. But every so often the pushback goes messy and one is close to getting through. Felguard charge saves the day, and doesn't even cost you a global cooldown.

Don't forget Survival Hunters also have Replenishment, now...well usually at least 1 point into it
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

For LK 25 - use an Infernal, that stuns as well.
    Xux - there's hardly any survival hunters around in 3.3. Marks is the spec of choice atm. Only other classes providing replenishment are shadow priest and retridins. (And even some shadow priests drop mind blast (the spell replen procs off) out of their rotation because at higher gear levels it's a DPS increase to use mindflay instead)

Quote Originally Posted by Kereba
    Demo.
    pretty much. soul link, dp, decent damage on top of it all, and great survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlocomotif
    Demon Armor doesn't work, this is something that I tried the moment they changed beacon to heal for overheals aswell. The heal taken for Beacon of Light is the heal before the effect of Demon Armor.
    But it does increase the heal from glyph of holy light, wich still is a lot of extra healing

Quote Originally Posted by Warlocomotif
    While it's true that the 20% extra healing doesn't go onto the beacon target, it DOES apply to the splash healing from Glyph of Holy Light, increasing the healing done to Valithria by a grand total of 12% from just having a warlock stand close to her with that armor on. (10% from the splash, and another 2% because of Demon Armor)

Quote Originally Posted by Zethyr
    While it's true that the 20% extra healing doesn't go onto the beacon target, it DOES apply to the splash healing from Glyph of Holy Light, increasing the healing done to Valithria by a grand total of 12% from just having a warlock stand close to her with that armor on. (10% from the splash, and another 2% because of Demon Armor)
    never woulda thought of that...very nice lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zethyr
    The 10% comes from standing close, the 2% is from demon armor. Frankly rather unimpressive, unless I'm missing something here.