Page 1 of 2
LastLast

-- Enhancement Prof's --

I'm wondering, as an Enhancement shaman, what two profession's should I be using

Currently I only have 37 Enchanting,
    I'm willing to spend any amount of gold.

Any idea's?

Re: -- Enhancement Prof's --

Jewelcrafting for sure as that is the most flexible profession imo, also i think Blacksmithing is pretty high up there with the two free sockets but if you dont want BS then do enchanting.

JC/engineering imo. The 340 haste use for gloves is great for dps.

Jewelcrafting/Blacksmithing. Hands down.

In end game enhancement, you are going to gem either AP or Haste.

Therefore, JC and BS will give you the most flexibility for optimum dps.

It doesn't matter much since most professions give almost the same bonus, but JC+BS gives the most flexibility.

I would choose engineering and JC myself.

Eng/BS is better IMO

ENG = 24 crit + rocket speed on boots, 340 Haste for 12 seconds every minute (68~ haste passive), 23 AGI cloak, and BOMBS!
    "For if men needed speech in order to learn to think, they had a still greater need for knowing how to think in order to discover the art of speaking"

JC/Engineering
    It's really not up for debate. Nothing else comes close.

Since there's alot of movement in ICC, i would suggest engineering because
    a) u will get 340 haste 1min/CD 12sec, which is similiar DPS boost as any other proffesion
    b) nitro boots gave u explanation in the same start of my post:=)

as 2nd proffesions u can pick whatever u want, i personally use alchemy since i dont have a lot of time to farm gold. and u know how much u can earn/Spare with alchemy

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Yeah JC and Engi definately.

But having Enchanting and JC makes your life easier.

I'm eng/alch. Mixology buff, and 340 haste every 1minute, too op.

I use eng/alch like this guy^^^

Nitro boots, haste gloves linked to my lava lash, belt bomb for when im moving

Double duration on flasks = win

Although I do have to agree that BS+JC gives you the most flexibility, but overall they balanced prof's to all be equal when it comes to buffs

Deleted

Engineering beats Jewelcrafting, which beats BS.

Well, for stats JC+BS is the best combo no matter how you look at it, but as said in many many threads, engineering does have a load of utility and CD stuff. The only thing that bothers with it is that in order to get the profits, you have to also overwrite the current enchant you could have on that piece of item, aka, AP/hit from gloves, haste from cloak (23 haste> 23agi) and 12hit/crit or cat's swiftness from boots. In BiS gear, that might actually cause a slight dps loss due to need to regem hit, but meh, overall, I'd say all of the proffs are pretty much "on par", and would advice to go to what you yourself think you will be needing in the future.

15+ Year Old Account

JC at least. Gives you quite a lot of freedom as both expertise and hit caps are rather important to reach fast.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

15+ Year Old Account

Enahncement base stat is Haste. Only Three professions give that:

Engineering (~68 Haste)
    JC (~42 Haste)
    BS (~40 Haste)

So, the best choices (and easier to level up) are JC and Engi.

yeah i would say JC + engi, the hyperspeed accelerators are just too good to pass up!

I just dropped enchanting for engineering and saw a huge increase in my dps. JC and Engineering are by far the best. Unless you don't like making other classes mad that an Enhancement shaman just beat them in dps.

We don't have a lot of details yet but with reforging coming in cataclysm, it would seem a good idea to have leatherworking to allow you to reforge your mail armor to tweak the stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Ankho
    Enahncement base stat is Haste. Only Three professions give that:
    Ugh. I hate it when people spout off incorrect information. Enh shaman need to Sim our gear to see which stat to gem for: AP or Haste. Only the OP can do that. Once he does that, he can, if he's in the min/max crowd, choose to roll the professions which benefit him most in the long run.

I'm not denying that engineering is awesome. I personally love my hyperspeed accelerator + unleashed rage (with 4p t10) macro. Perfect dps bump for huge movement fights.