Gearing up a priest fresh at 80 (pvp?)

Greetings priests!

I've recently joined your ranks and im totally stuck on where to go from hitting level 80 yesterday.
    I think i've come to the conclusion i'll pvp (not so much the arena side), i do like a good BG and dont really enjoy raiding.

Now im trying to work out which pieces to grab first with my honor.
    My armory is Here for those interested.
    I grabbed the Frostsavage set first to get me started (i couldnt even queue for heroics and had 12k health when i first leveled), so now i have that option also.

But where do i go from here?
    Rings/necks/cloaks/trinkets first with honor?
    Or the 5 pieces of furious?
    4 pieces of furious and wintergrasp shoulders?

That also brings the question, Mooncloth vs Satin? (i'll be shadow with disc offspec and will play both specs)

Decisions Decisions.. Would appreciate any help.
    Perhaps you have been in this possition before and could shed some light?
    Maybe a friend has?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Gearing up a priest fresh at 80 (pvp?)

Hi, nommmmmmm

I started pvp'ing with my druid somewhere in 3.2, my advice is: run WG as often as possible.
    Do heroics, get furious gear with badges, and leave honor for offset items. Try to get resilience on EVERY piece of equipment, as that is what keeps you alive the most. The 251 shoulders from WG are your best bet to spend those marks on soon. Get the 60kish resilience trinket from your honor, you need the CD. Try to do 10 matches per week for another increase in gear income.

AND, try to have fun doing it. There's no use if your boringly grinding your way, so take friends, breaks,... And be sure to have fun doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomm
    Rings/necks/cloaks/trinkets first with honor?
    Or the 5 pieces of furious?
    4 pieces of furious and wintergrasp shoulders?
    Offset items with honor, go with the haste pieces but remember you'll need to get that 4%ish hit if you're going shadow.
    Then, get the wintergrasp shoulders as the'yre pretty nifty. That means you'll be wanting 4 pieces of furious/relentless. Either all satin or 2/2 satin/mooncloth for the extra resilience if you feel like you need it. Later on as you progress with the gearing I'd go with the satin, unless you have exceptional pve items to use in pvp and need to cover for the resilience loss.

And remember, you can get furious pieces with triumph badges and relentless with frost badges so keep running those heroics & raiding if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmuyi
    Hi, nommmmmmm

I started pvp'ing with my druid somewhere in 3.2, my advice is: run WG as often as possible.
    Do heroics, get furious gear with badges, and leave honor for offset items. Try to get resilience on EVERY piece of equipment, as that is what keeps you alive the most. The 251 shoulders from WG are your best bet to spend those marks on soon. Get the 60kish resilience trinket from your honor, you need the CD. Try to do 10 matches per week for another increase in gear income.

AND, try to have fun doing it. There's no use if your boringly grinding your way, so take friends, breaks,... And be sure to have fun doing it!
    perfect advise here
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Thanks for the replies.

They are very helpful.. i appreciate it!

Starting out fresh is never easy, and this is my first real pvp character as such.
    Currently getting smashed in seconds in BG's.
    So i think i'll hit up a few heroics, do WG when its up, and see how things go from there.
    Need a bit more gear i think to start the Icecrown heroics for a weapon (thats my only option currently?)

Thanks again.

Yeah, you'll want to stick to Heroics / Wintergrasp until you get full epic pvp gear, because you'll just get smashed by anyone in battlegrounds. If you do Daily BG and Wintergrasp at least once a day, you easily net tons of honor. And yes, try to run ICC 5mans for weapons/offhands, or you could try ICC10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".