Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...

Re: AVR Mod Broken in 3.3.5, SSOTD, Fan Arts

I like how those people responding to my posts conveniently glossed over the part where I stated that I would gladly see the retard arrows in DBM, BW, and DXE go away. They do what AVRe does, only slighly more obtusely. And yet they came back saying 'well omg DBM has arrows.' Nice job reading, there.

AVRe might not play the game for you, but by literally adding in zones visible in the game world, the mod simply goes beyond any warning traditional boss mods are capable of. It's giving you a visual area of precisely where an effect is going to occur. The difference between this and in-game fire is twofold. One, Blizzard did not intend the fight to have a pre-cast visual for that ability. Two, effects like fire are generally designed such that you might take a tick of damage from them but have time to get out before you die. There is little in-game warning about exactly where it's going to spawn, save perhaps a second or two before hand, even with bossmods. (Bossmods, AVRe included, will tell you when but not where until it has actually happened.) As such it is designed that the target of the ability probably will take a tick or two of damage from things like fire or defile before they move out. (But knowing that these effects exist, you show know that people need to be spread out for them or they will become much more dangerous.)

Other effects, and traditionally the ones that don't have a clear indication about precisely where or how large an area they're going to land/explode/erupt, will kill you for being there. Such effects can be large enough that you might think you're far enough away but happen to be just within the outer limits and get killed. Ultimately these are things you have, up until now, had to internalize, be aware of, and watch out for. They also generally have a significant amount of time between when they are cast and when the Zone of Death occurs. You have this extra time to make bloody well sure you're not going to be hit; to move away. With DVRe, it simply no longer becomes a question about how far you need to be to get away. The zone drawn by the mod will show you the area precisely, without a doubt. It completely removes the need to internalize/learn/know the distances in the fight.

And yes, that includes arrows pointing at where you shouldn't be.

---

There is NO difference between a car and a plane. They both help you get somewhere faster.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: AVR Mod Broken in 3.3.5, SSOTD, Fan Arts

Now here is the REAL reason Blizz is removing AVR from the game. Its a big C.Y.A move. They are a afraid that someone could draw lewd pictures or tag the game world with extremely inappropriate messages. and then send it to everyone in there guild or friends list. Imagine if every time you go to Dalaran or Ironforge you see a new sexually explicit picture or gang slang, swastikas or "So and so is a *&%$".
    Blizz would have no way to censor that kind of content from being shown and could open the door for massive law suits from parents claiming Blizz allowed there children to see such content by keeping A.V.R. in the game. Now I know that you can type the same kind of messages in trade chat ect. But there are lots of filters you can choose to turn on so that you don't see it. as well as blocking/ ignoring certain players.
    There comments abought how it affects raids ect may be a small part of the real reason they decided to ban the mod. But if I was in there place I would be more concerned with the potential for law suits and negative publicity from allowing it to stay in game.