Thread: Remote AH

Remote AH

Quote Originally Posted by blue
    The Remote Auction House provides no in-game functionality that isn't already available to every single player as often as they can or want to use it. The only difference now is that, for an additional monthly fee, players can use the Auction House in a remote fashion without having to log into the game client.
    That´s absolutely not true.
    With the in-game AH we are limited to the functions permitted by WoW´s lua interface. That way it´s hardly possible to buy/sell something without sitting in front of your computer.

A web-interface offers much better posibilities to handle the AH. It´s quite easy to write an external controller in C# or Java that buys/sells and reads the AH for you 24/7.
    Simple example:
    Task A: Scan the AH and buy [Scarlet Ruby] if it´s cheaper than 40g until there are 100 pcs in stock.
    Task B: Scan the AH and sell [Scarlet Ruby] if it costs more than 60g.
    (same for all other item rare enough to speculate with)
    Task C: Guess exact end times of cheap auctions by comparing "time left" from different scans.
    Task D: Bid once 5 seconds before an auction ends.

Such a tool would be just as good as buying purples for real cash, because you would make so much gold with no effort that you could buy every purple you need. Powerselling for 3 €/month. ^^

Everyone who doesn´t subscribe to this service will have a hard time finding cheap offers then.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Remote AH

This is easily remedied. All your auctions AND gold from auctions stays inside your mailbox, which is only available ingame.

I think it's an interesting thing, but Blizz gets enough of my money as it is. I don't see the point in buying this. At least for me. I spend enough time at the AH as it is. Now they want me to spend more time there when I am not playing? No thank you!
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

Deleted

As far as I know they will always have a limited transactions per period of buying/selling items. I'm not sure if I'm going to use it though. I do like the possibility to put auctions on the AH if I know it'll be a while before logging in again... Keeps the cashflow going a bit ;D

It will probably help if you want to get flasks a bit cheaper to get them in the mornings instead of pre raiding times.