Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

My room-mate is botting out of control.

I am in my last year of college atm and Iam sharing a very very small apartment with a friend from highschool who is also attending the same college. We both play WoW which you would think is amazing and fun but no it's really not, well at least it hasn't been for the last few months. Ever since you could buy epic gems with honor he has be botting BG's for honor EVERY-SINGLE-DAY and for the last few months has just started also botting at night. He also buys gold every so often at least 10k gold per time.

Here is the annoying part. The PC he bots on gets insanely loud and hot at night and I think it's a fire hazard to keep that going, not to mention the sound is fkn irritating, he doesn't seem to mind it though.

I've actually reported him for buying gold and for botting many times in the last few months so this annoyance can stop really DONT CARE if he loses his account after all this shit BUT ~ all I get is "Thank you for making the community better, we have taken the appropriate actions" default response.

My roomie is a bit of a rager and he is like a foot taller and weighs 100lbs more than me so I can't really man up, he gets defensive when it comes to his botting.

The only thing that I've been able to do is wait until he goes to sleep then go and switch the power off from his PC. He actually thinks theres something wrong with his PC lmfao. Anyway, why the hell isn't he banned yet?

Re: My room-mate is botting out of control.

Only thing I can advise is keep reporting him, and if possible get others to report him.

Blizzard do not seem to ban people for botting once or twice.. they need a lot more reports as far as I can tell. Worst comes to worst you could try getting his PC infected when he's not looking, lol, but that is probably taking it too far.

ty for making me smile lol ;D

first of all, why the hell does he need all that gold? Second, get a peple or two to report him and they should ban him, if you loose his authenticator he migth have a hard time booting too. BTW, wich part does make the noise, a silent fan isnt expensive.

You're dead when he reads this :
    80 Draenei Shaman EU Doomhammer
    80 Human Death Knight EU Doomhammer

call blizzard via phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Doxomarius
    You're dead when he reads this :
    /nod

Deleted

My question is what does he need the gems and the gold for oO

Why does he buy gold when he has bots on 24/7 ??? ???
    Quote Originally Posted by zolok
    Haha, everyone knows FIFA isn't a football game, it's Soccer!
    Quote Originally Posted by W
    You are clearly the idiot here as Blizzard would be able to check the IP address and mmo-champ can match up the ip address as well so boom headshot.
    Quote Originally Posted by fshfsjdk
    by the way, it's not key logger.

I think this is really bad and all, but I'm so curious, how much gold does he have?

Quote Originally Posted by haaku
    call blizzard via phone.
    .. how is that going to help? They will just tell him to submit a ticket or send an Email.

He is AH whore/gold whore, he just bots honor to sell the epic gems & for him buying gold I'd put that to him being a gold whore.

Deleted

And you call him a friend? Why don't you take screenshots when hes asleep or fraps it on his account so you got proof and Blizz won't be able to ignore ya anymore. (atleast that would be if Blizz actually cared)

Quote Originally Posted by LaPifia
    I think this is really bad and all, but I'm so curious, how much gold does he have?
    He has gold capped on at least 2 or 3 characters, (level 1 AH alts)

Deleted

What do you mean with gold whore? He just likes having gold? So much that he even buys it for real money, but he doesn't do anything with it?

Deleted

Lol your room mate is pretty much a retard. he's botting bgs to be able to buy gems....... and he buys gold to be able to... buy gems?

If he's that much of a pain in the ass, move out.

pretty much, it's pointless.

it's become more of a problem since he's been all happy about catalysm so it's become his new goal to get as much gold as possible for that

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac
    And you call him a friend? Why don't you take screenshots when hes asleep or fraps it on his account so you got proof and Blizz won't be able to ignore ya anymore. (atleast that would be if Blizz actually cared)
    Blizzard will not accept 'proof' like that. They only take action if enough people report the person, as far as I know. Honestly I believe you have a higher chance of getting him to lose his account 'accidently' to a keylogger or something than getting him banned.

Though if this guy really is gold capped on multiple characters, I would have thought triggers would have gone off on Blizzard's end to double check that he isn't botting or buying gold..

open an in-game ticket for something totally unrelated. Then when the gm talks to you personally tell him about your roommate. also if you are that worried about him i wouldnt suggest you turn his stuff off if he happens to catch you doing it it could be a huge problem. Also why bunk with someone whos so damn annoying?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&cn=Romeolock

Step 1: Buy him a hooker
    Step 2: Enjoy your newfound freedom