Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What/When is Patch 3.3.4?

I'm not sure if this has been discussed previously here, if so please include a link to that thread

There's been all of this buzz around patch 3.3.5 with Ruby Sanctum, Blizzard breaking AVR mod, among other things... this got me wondering... what about patch 3.3.4??? we are still on 3.3.3 right now.

Is Blizzard planning to sneak in a 3.3.4 patch or skip ahead to 3.3.5? if anybody know of a blue post about this, please kindly refer to the blue post link.

Deleted

Re: What/When is Patch 3.3.4?

Gonna put this in bold, italic and increase the size so people can finally understand.

SOFTWARE VERSIONS SOMETIMES SKIP NUMBERS. THANK YOU.

Also, to people saying I'm "wrong" when did I ever say that software versions skip development and not just numbers?

It's uhh...included in the 3.3.5 patch. Yeah, that's it.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie

Teh troof!

They can put in whatever the hell number they want.

they can even out in 3.3.666 instead of 3.3.5..

imho that would be epic.. seeing all those extremely christian players go like: WHOA!!! NOOO CANCEL!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by spiny View Post
    I always mean to get around to doing Archaeology but something always comes up. Like anything. Anything at all. Mowing the lawn. Eating glass for others' amusement, watching my cat clean its butt, etc.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street is the lead systems designer on World of Warcraft. He has four dogs: three epic retrievers and one green terrier suitable for disenchanting.

10+ Year Old Account

Gonna put this in bold, italic and increase the size so people can finally understand.

Though, I really wonder why. Can't find any reason to do that :P
    Vol'jin fanboy

Were they so inclined they could call it Patch Tim Chuckworthingston the Fifth.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

Quote Originally Posted by Wnxcow

imho that would be epic.. seeing all those extremely christian players go like: WHOA!!! NOOO CANCEL!!!!!!
    Elite Tauren could release a full metal album, and that patch would introduce them as a raid encounter.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

10+ Year Old Account

Win!
    Warlock (SL main)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam
    Though, I really wonder why. Can't find any reason to do that :P
    Usually 3.3.4 would have been a bugfix patch if one would have been needed. Remember that 3.3.5 was announced before 3.3.3 went live.

Quote Originally Posted by Taenaraen Silvershield
    Were they so inclined they could call it Patch Tim Chuckworthingston the Fifth.
    I want this!
    [21:24:13] [G] [80:Exeption]: i'm a warlock kinda harry potter myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    hes not that technologically advanced, all he needs is google and a right hand

And I'm gonna lol at you without bold, italic, and increasing the size so you can understand

not all versions are released

3.3.4 exists, but it might not be pushed to retail

one does not simply skip into patch releases

they probably have a plan for 3.3.4 and realized that it could be bundled into 3.3.5

they didn't skip anything

l2play and get off wikipedia

lies!

But if we skip 3.3.4, then 3.3.5 will not go correctly after 3.3.3 ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    [/COLOR]

10+ Year Old Account

Your thinking catholic.

There have been previous patch numbers skipped because of the merging of one or more patches into later ones.

TBC - 2.0.1 - 2.0.3
    Wotlk - 3.3.0a - 3.3.2

If the patch is considered large enough then they are free to number them as they please.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

It's the way software versioning works.

Think of each Version as a quest. Some are more important than others. Some are so important, they're almost a requirement. Some, you drop and never complete. Maybe you killed 3 / 60 beasts in Sholozar before you dropped the quest and went to Icecrown.

3.3.4 could have been a foreign language fix that got dropped. Or a modification to an NPC, or a group of NPC's that never happened.

Basically, it was a project that was being worked on several months ago and was dropped, for whatever reason. But once they give something a version number, it keeps it, whether they release the version or not.

3.3.4 is the Chuck Norris patch, but since you can't patch Chuck Norris, it's being delayed till Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Denethar
    It's the way software versioning works.

Think of each Version as a quest. Some are more important than others. Some are so important, they're almost a requirement. Some, you drop and never complete. Maybe you killed 3 / 60 beasts in Sholozar before you dropped the quest and went to Icecrown.

3.3.4 could have been a foreign language fix that got dropped. Or a modification to an NPC, or a group of NPC's that never happened.

Basically, it was a project that was being worked on several months ago and was dropped, for whatever reason. But once they give something a version number, it keeps it, whether they release the version or not.
    Or they decide to roll it into another, bigger upcoming patch. Two birds, one download.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

You do realize that 666 is actually nothing right? Thats actually the wrong number. Kinda hilarious how people run with that now, but the actual source for the number of the beast was different.