Raiding/loot issue

OK so I'm all for upgrades = upgrades when raiding, but yesterday Taiaj dropped from putricide. Originally a feral took it, and then he decided it wasn't as good as it seemed for him so it was redistributed among the raid and ended up going to a death knight.

Now, I know that it was an upgrade for the death knight (went from needle-encrusted scorpion to taiaj) but as far as I'm concerned items like that which have a much bigger effect on another classes damage in comparison should be passed should it not?

In a couple weeks time the death knight is going to bump up to deathbringer's will and taiaj will be forgotten about.

Now my issue is this - I want to know how you guys think I should handle bringing this issue up with my raid leader, in the past we haven't gotten along great and I only recently rejoined the guild. I don't want to seem like a lootwhore, it's just if I had been in that death knight or feral's position I would have passed on the trinket for a retribution anyday.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ilash&cn=Gawad

Here's my armory link if this bears any weight on the discussion.

Re: Raiding/loot issue

Quote Originally Posted by gawad
    It doesn't :P

About how to bring the issue up with your GM, don't refer to that situation directly, start with a "What's your opinion on..." kinda line, and eventually use TaJ as an example.

The truth is it's rare that an item is good for some classes and really unreasonably spectacular for others. If you're GM doesn't want to bend loot rules/priorities for the rare cases when something is far better for one class than another, that's his decision to make really. Stuff like this is often dificult since it's very subjective.
    Too cool for a sig.

Back when I still had greatness and mirror I passed on Deathbringer's will mulitple times as while it was an upgrade it was a millions times better for the warriors/dk's. Taiaj is a millions times better for rets then others so all rets should have one before they go to anyone else in raid. Its really just common sense and use the common sense thing in your speech to raid leader.

If you've had problems with the RL in the past and only recently rejoined, it's not unreasonable that you're going to have to prove yourself before getting items like that.

TAJ may be amazing for rets, but that doesn't mean other classes won't benefit from the upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Caean
    If you've had problems with the RL in the past and only recently rejoined, it's not unreasonable that you're going to have to prove yourself before getting items like that.

TAJ may be amazing for rets, but that doesn't mean other classes won't benefit from the upgrade.
    I would have to agree with him. Regarless of your skill or ability to maximize that items potential you are still a new guy. As your relationships develop withing the guild you would be more apt to recieve TaJ from that druid because he would see you more as a friend than a new guy. Plus I doubt this is the first time y'all killed putricide. Who knows maybe it will drop again next week!!

15+ Year Old Account

Become an officer and enforce your own rules >.>

If your GM and Officers/RL are smart, they will know who to give such items to.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gawad
    OK so I'm all for upgrades = upgrades when raiding, but yesterday Taiaj dropped from putricide. Originally a feral took it, and then he decided it wasn't as good as it seemed for him so it was redistributed among the raid and ended up going to a death knight.

Now, I know that it was an upgrade for the death knight (went from needle-encrusted scorpion to taiaj) but as far as I'm concerned items like that which have a much bigger effect on another classes damage in comparison should be passed should it not?

In a couple weeks time the death knight is going to bump up to deathbringer's will and taiaj will be forgotten about.

Now my issue is this - I want to know how you guys think I should handle bringing this issue up with my raid leader, in the past we haven't gotten along great and I only recently rejoined the guild. I don't want to seem like a lootwhore, it's just if I had been in that death knight or feral's position I would have passed on the trinket for a retribution anyday.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ilash&cn=Gawad

The Feral was clueless and saw purple, The DK much of the same 100% clueless.

TaJ is pretty much only BiS for Mut Rogues because they crave hit, Enhance Shaman and Ret Paladins. Anyone else that takes it really has no idea what they are doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital
    The Feral was clueless and saw purple, The DK much of the same 100% clueless.

TaJ is pretty much only BiS for Mut Rogues because they crave hit, Enhance Shaman and Ret Paladins. Anyone else that takes it really has no idea what they are doing.
    This.

Even then, 264 TAJ isn't even BIS for shamans. The 277 one is what really shines for them.

Compare the 264 and the 277 for paladins and the gap is much narrower, only ~110dps last time I checked.

We'll be downing HM putri this week. So hopefully after a month or so we'll be lucky enough to see some such that I can replace my normal version. But I wouldn't replace it over our shamans.

It helps that we've got a very calculating and well informed enhancement shaman for a guild master and melee officer.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Bring it up very carefully with an officer. On one end, you're the new guy that may come off as whining about loot if you go about it the wrong way. On the other hand, it's a best in slot trinket for you that was essentially wasted going to a DK.

Fortunately loot drops again, I'd just let it be known how much better it is for you than a feral druid before it drops again and the kitty decides to take it. For example, during this tier my guild has encouraged people to post their class/spec's best in slot lists in their respective class forums for the loot council. For the most part they're educated people but it does help.

Agreed from above. Organize all your classes to post and organize lists of obtainable loot that benefits them the most.

Elitist jerks forums typically have a good item listing for most classes.

Find out where they live and kick them in the face.

But seriously, if you don't have one already encourage the guild to ask raiders to put together lists of important loot pieces and their relative worth(ie TAiaJ being balls to the walls amazing for ret), and maybe a little explanation as to why they are so good.

Any reasonable guild leadership will see that raid DPS trumps "well this guy has been in the guild for X years" in progression.

But really, a DK? You've got to be kidding me...both feral and him have no fucking clue what they're doing if they actually considered it.

I'd bring it up to the guild leader how idiotic it was to give it to the Druid in the first place. Be civil about it. Than link him to every top ret dps on wol. All have taj. Than link to feral and dk. None have taj. Than point him to every taj topic since putricide pot was avalible showing the math for how horse hit it is for everyone but rets and high end geared mute/enh.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin