Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Demonic Circle raid uses

Anyone found any clever uses for this skill?

pre ulduar I made a thread on the official forums and it ended up being put on freewowguide site and I just found it again so here is some of the pre-ulduar uses I found!

1: in Naxxramas on the boss Thadius, after you have killed the minibosses put a circle at the edge of the jump, this will give you 2 tries just in case you fall into the goo below.
    2: same boss, when actually fighting Thadius put the circle at one of the sides (I normally choose the + side) and when I have to go from minus to plus I can get across even faster.
    3: Sartharion boss fight: Put the circle in one of the gaps where the lava comes, if its that gap you have to go in, it will take less time to get there, making it less likely for you to fail.
    4: Grobbulus: when you get infected, quickly put down a circle before running out of the area, you can then teleport back fast without any chance of running through gas
    5: Malygos: at the begining of the fight, put down the circle in the centre of the area, when the group gets taken up by the vortex, you can teleport back down and continue to DPS (WARNING! may of been fixed, havnt tried it since pre-ulduar)

Not had much time in ICC to find many clever uses yet but here are some:

1: On the first boss if you put a circle down roughly in the center of the room it can help you get back to the boss to get in the hit box faster after storm of bones or whatever the skill is called. (WARNING!: make sure you dont port into the front of the boss, I have accidently been one hit by his cleave)
    2: on Lady Deathwhisper you can put down the circle near the boss, run to the side of the room you are helping kill adds on and port back to DPS the boss a little when the adds are dead or the tank is getting threat
    3: on festergut you can put the circle with the 3 ranged DPS standing outside of the

Re: Demonic Circle raid uses

Way to many scenarios where I use my portal to name but 3 you haven't mentioned in ICC that I always use it for are..

Sindragosa's Blistering cold
    Blood Queens Bloodwhirl ability
    Valk's on LK

Like I said I probably use it on every boss but those 3 are a must IMO.

edit
    I forgot one other on PP if the green slime targets a lock we teleport out of it.

Well, it's useful almost anywhere where you may have to run to something or out of something. The trick is remembering to place it, placing it in a "good" spot, and remembering to use it.

I fail a lot on the above, except for some specific fights.

- ICC, Saurfang. I DPS the blood beasts, then when they get close, port away and get another nuke or two off. (Our 10 man runs heavy on warlocks so we don't have roots, traps, etc. at our disposal.)
    - ICC, Festergut. I place a portal so ranged have an easy visual indicator of where to collapse to and stack for the spores. It also makes it very easy for me to port into place and continue DPSing while other classes have to run.
    - ICC Professor Putricide. We use it as a visual indicator of where folks should try to stand. It's also useful to prevent fall damage when the green slimes pop you into the air. Also useful (so long as nothing is on it) to port to to get out of stuff, to re-position yourself, etc.

Most demonic port uses are pretty obvious.... Put it down where you know you're going to have go eventually during the fight. ta dah

Signature by Resentful - Bleeding Corruption

Morrowgar - I put one near the door on the wall behind an urn. Especially in heroic, this helps as there is a very small chance fire will actually be there during bone storm.

Deathwhisper - I put it on one side near the column where the boss is and stand on the other side. Quick escape from a DnD - less cast time lost.

Gunship - Not really needed, but I keep it on our ship to teleport back after jumping to kill the mage.

Saurfang - put somewhere out on the edge for when you have bloodbeast aggro.

Rotface - Put near the wall for teleport out when explosion happens.

Fester - place under where you typically stand to teleport back out after a spore.

Putricide - place near his table, where you can teleport to when you get rooted by a green slime, if the orange gets close, or away from malleable ooze.

Blood princes - Put on the stage or near the door to help out with kintetics in case something goes south. If you are assigned to watch a side, it helps you
    cover the entire area easily.

Queen - near the wall for after a fear.

Dreamwalker - not really needed

Sindragosa - Teleport out of blistering cold

LK - can nullify a valk if you ahve it on the edge and stand in such a manner that if a valk grabs you so you would pass over it and be able to teleport back. This means 1 valk per lock does not have to be killed - ever.
    This space for rent.

Modez - you're able to place it on Gunship? I've tried before and wasn't able to, I thought it had to do something with the ship being a moving vehicle of a sorts.

you cant he doesn't know what hes talking about obviously.

Deleted

Indeed, you cant cast it on the ship. Neither can you make a summoning stone.

15+ Year Old Account

Gunship - Not really needed, but I keep it on our ship to teleport back after jumping to kill the mage.
    win
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

lol gunship
    LK + Valks = Win

Quote Originally Posted by Modez

Why not jump and leave the portal on their ship? That way you can just jump off and teleport back up for when you are returning to your ship for ultimate lazy time.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Would it help to port out of Defiles quickly in the LK Fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinea
    Would it help to port out of Defiles quickly in the LK Fight?
    That would probably be more dangerous than helpful during phase 2 (I consider transition phase 1.5) because if you ended up with portal on cooldown your raid would have to kill your valk which they may not be expecting to do, your valk should be going a different direction, and that uses up like 20 seconds of raid dps on LK. In Final phase, sure, go for it.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by Galith
    Why not jump and leave the portal on their ship?
    Because you can't cast it in the ship? At all? >.>

Aside the Gunship observation, all of Modez' usages are correct. I like to use it in the middle on Valithria so I can easily swap sides, as well (since I'm usually one of the FFA people who attack whoever side needs the most help).

Actually,you were able to cast it on the ship up till some months or so ago.I was casting it on top of those pillars between the cannons to avoid a couple of knockbacks.Didn't last long though,they made it uncastable on the ship after a while.

You were never able to use it on gunship. EVER. So no you didn't cast it between any pillars. It was always uncastable as it is on any vehicle. Tram in Ulduar etc.

15+ Year Old Account

Wait..

Yo! Sup dawgs! <20 other wannabe hip hop mumbo jumbo (except racial crap like **gger, dont want to get banned)>

Did I miss having fun with teleport in Ulduar???? I thought I placed it everywhere and now ppl claim I just messed up ;(
    Oh wait.. trolls :
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I usually use it to teleport out of the boss room, saving me a repair bill.
    Besides that, my ex-guild had 2 warlocks in icc10. We used the portals to mark iceblock locations on sindragosa, spore locations on festergut and ranged dps gathering spot on putricide. They're also quite useful to get away from some nasty AoE or pushback.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh
    Valk's on LK
    This

15+ Year Old Account

Both are a serious challenge.