Arms, Fury and Cataclysm

Would you guys like to see arms becoming a viable raiding DPS spec in cataclysm? Or should it remain the 'pvp' spec for us warriors?

Personally, I love playing arms, and I'd really like to see it getting some love to bring it up to par with Fury.

Re: Arms, Fury and Cataclysm

It's viable now. Sure it pulls ~1k less than fury, but if your raid is missing 4% physical or mangle, you're better off going arms than fury.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

I really hope arms is viable in cat, I find the playstyle much more fun/interesting than fury

Then again with the rage change and fury changes, Fury may be more fun, although I wish Fury was viable in pvp..cant win em all I guess..

The problem is that warriors already do so much damage as arms in pvp with potential 75 percent ms if they buffed it more it would be even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by thetaurenrogue
    The problem is that warriors already do so much damage as arms in pvp with potential 75 percent ms if they buffed it more it would be even worse.
    Because he is not talking about cataclysm and MS will not be reduced to 20% and there are no ways whatsoever that Blizzard can actually make changes that would affect PvE positivly and PvP negativly.

But Arms was viable in WotLK, it's been sub-par to Fury though, but even for the most of Ulduar it was superior.
    First Rule of MMO's:
    -Those who have accomplished less than you are noobs.
    -Those who have accomplished more than you are no-lifers.

I miss Imp Slam and WF totem

Watching swing timers was actually quite involved and good wholesome fun.

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

10+ Year Old Account

I hope so, I've not played Fury much but when I roleld a Fury warr on the PTR I hated it, I switched spec halfway through a dungeon and made it Arms so i wouldn't have to play with it anymore.

Imo Arms is just so much more involved, Fury is just Macro HS to all your abillities and press 1, 2, and then wait ages and possiblly get a 3 in if you get a Proc :/

Quote Originally Posted by superniall50
    Arms, Fury and Cataclysm
    What the hell happened to Protection?

Quote Originally Posted by Xpace
    What the hell happened to Protection?
    I don't think Blizzard is going to try and make protection a dps spec.

Quote Originally Posted by John Lemon
    I hope so, I've not played Fury much but when I roleld a Fury warr on the PTR I hated it, I switched spec halfway through a dungeon and made it Arms so i wouldn't have to play with it anymore.

Imo Arms is just so much more involved, Fury is just Macro HS to all your abillities and press 1, 2, and then wait ages and possiblly get a 3 in if you get a Proc :/
    funny thing is i was fury for all of tier 7, and the little bit of tier 8 before i got burned out and quit. during that time i was consistently top dps in my guild with an average of 4.5k-5.5k dps. then i came back during tier 9 raiding and struggled to even break 3k dps as fury. switched to arms and i was back up to 4.5k dps in tier 7 gear. even now with all of the icecrown 5-man, and badge upgrades my fury dps is still way lower than what i can pull as arms. still puzzles me to this day.

Fingers crossed, Blizzard appears to be serious about the "Arms problem." Arms is getting ArPen through its mastery, although I don't think we'll be able to stack gems. Since Arms warriors tend to be busier than Fury we now have the option of letting extra rage roll over and increasing all damage. That'll help keep down Heroic Strike's threat generation spikes when you try to maximize a rage spike. Fury's whirlwind is getting changed so that'll be great against a zerg, but less so against the small trash pack. That'll be a bit of a nerf to Fury on ICC trash, but look out whelps!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

They have done it right in my opinion.

Arms - PvP and raiding with utility.

Fury - Raiding with high DPS.

Protection - obvious.

I switched from doing 10.5k DPS as Fury to Arms with 9k just so I can supply the guild with the 4% buff to physicall DPS and ofcourse the extra bleed is nice for the other Fury Warriors.

All 3 specs are viable in PvE as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysera
    Making dreams 'enjoyable' since 10.000 B.N.
    Ysera fanclub. <3

As it is now, I'm pretty sure until you get at least some 251/254 weapons that Arms is most likely the better choice dps wise over fury. I am looking forward to see whether or not Fury dual 1hand weapons becomes viable or not in Cataclysm as they stated they want to give Fury warriors the option of dual wielding 1h weapons or 2h weapons.

arms will probably trump fury for the first tier or 2, then fury will get a retarded amount of str from gear inflation and ultimatly reign supreme(wotlk is a good example)
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD