Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: [Help] Protection Paladin PvP

Sorry for the big gap between the posts.

1. Shornaal got it right on with the Ret pants. I basically fulled gemmed and enchanted a full 264 PvE Ret set, and put on different combinations of Wrathful and the PvE set, while looking at things like expertise, crit, hit, and AP, and the pants were by far the values I was the happiest with. Since the first roll for an attack is whether it hits or misses (hit rating), and the second roll is whether or not that attack is dodged/parried/block/absorbed/whatnot (expertise rating), you obviously want to ensure that if you have the hit, and have the expertise, your attacks can only be blocked (full or partial), or they are absorbed. With my gear I have nearly 7% chance to dodge and 6.5% chance to parry, so I figured with 32 expertise I would never be dodged or parried on a person in my gear, and I was comfortable with those. Keep in mind Rogues, Hunters, Feral druids, and whatnot will have even more dodge.

2. Turns out it's Ronark's signature I was thinking of

3. Here is a picture of my character sheet on the tournament realm. It's actually 482, but it's still low.

Items:
    Wrathful Helm
    Heroic Infected Choker
    Wrathful Shoulders
    Heroic Saronite Gargoyle Cloak
    Wrathful Chest
    Polar Bear Claw Bracers
    Heroic Gutbuster
    Heroic Neverending Winter/Icecrown Glacial Wall (Haven't made my mind up yet.)
    Libram of Valiance
    Wrathful Gloves
    Malevolent Girdle
    Sanctified Lightsworn Legplates
    Blood Soaked Saronite Stompers
    Skeleton Lord's Circle
    Ring of Rotting Sinew
    Heroic Whispering Fanged Skull
    Death's Verdict

4. In regards to the points in Righteous Fury, while 6% is a HUGE reduction in damage taken (about 275 resilience equivalent), RF is dispellable in PvP, and with the sheer number of teams with atleast 1 dispeller, RF stays on for about 15 seconds into the fight most of the time. This isn't something I want to rebuff all the time throughout the fight, as most of the time my GCD can only handle more damage spells, or defensive CDs that make a more profound difference. For some people that like to run with more resilience they may have longer fights with more leeway than I do, in which case points in Imp. RF might be perfect, as long as they rebuff it throughout the fight.

Right, so 4pc Wrathful with T10 legs is best. What about PvP trinket to get out of movement impairing effects? Humans have it as racials, but I'm a blood elf. Or are all these fears, stuns, disarms and whatnot already reduced enough for it to not be worth to acquire one?

If you are a blood elf, like I am on live, you definitely still need the PvP trinket. Now for your choice of "other" trinket, I'm not even sure what I would take on the TR if I had to pick one. If you are going more for survival than outright damage, go PvP trinket and Battlemaster's. Personally it would be more likely for me to get Heroic Whispering Fanged Skull than Heroic DC/DV, but that is just my particular sitation.

The chances that you would die immediately resulting from not having a PvP trinket equipped aren't nearly as high as the chances of an enemy NOT dying because you can't provide the killing blow because you are CC'd somehow, i.e. PvP trinket is vital.