Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Strat/AQ/Ony/BWL/MC/Naxx Was Merely a Setback?

This is something that's been eating away at me for some time now. I seriously can't think of a single endgame boss that hasn't returned in some form. I don't understand how they literally rehash every single boss from the original shipping of the game and call it content for an expansion pack? Am I being unrealistic here by asking for more than that? I mean that just seems pathetic. I mean as happy as I am for Cataclysm, just..Seriously? What original bosses are there besides Deathwing and idk, Neptulon and the Windlord dude? Does anyone else out there agree that this is some shit?

Deleted

Re: Strat/AQ/Ony/BWL/MC/Naxx Was Merely a Setback?

Some titan sh!t in uldum.

10+ Year Old Account

rehash every single boss from the original shipping of the game
    strat was the only out of the box instance you listed

Baron Rivendare is the leader of the 4 Horsemen. And I didn't put this in the Cat forums to bitch about WotLK stuff, just fyi. Well, i guess aside from the Baron thing. but still.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Neqro
    This is something that's been eating away at me for some time now. I seriously can't think of a single endgame boss that hasn't returned in some form. I don't understand how they literally rehash every single boss from the original shipping of the game and call it content for an expansion pack? Am I being unrealistic here by asking for more than that? I mean that just seems pathetic. I mean as happy as I am for Cataclysm, just..Seriously? What original bosses are there besides Deathwing and idk, Neptulon and the Windlord dude?
    well tacnically Strat,MC and AQ arent setbacks, reasons :
    -Strat we never did those bosses again, we killed the new ones before the plague
    -MC Rag wasnt in our plane so it was impossible to kill him,just defeat him
    -AQ we never killed C'Thun only weakened him
    -Anub'Arak (I know you didnt say him but still) was resurected after the HC by LK and so he came back in ToC (tbh exactly the same with Rivendare)

btw for future:
    -Sunwell was only a setback (when KJ comes again)

10+ Year Old Account

Thats the thing about things that havent been released yet (not even beta), we have no idea of the full extent of things to come (ooo, that sounds kinda ominous).
    My Youtube videos. Co op gaming. A work in progress, but check em out, you might get a laugh.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Deadmines, Westfall, Eastern Kingdoms, Azeroth

death wing, nepulton, the air guy, uldum shit, are the only bosses i can think of

the Stonemother (Elemental Errrm "Lord" of Earth)

Al'akir

RAGNAROSSSS

Leader of Twilight shit

Neptulon the Tidehunter

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I totally stole that post from Dinnerbone btw.

Can't kill elementals, Sargeras, etc unless they are in their own plane of existence, when you kill them you simply banish them back (sort of like the Prime Evils in diablo getting put back in the void or black abyss, blizzard likes to share lore mechanics in all their IPs)

As for Old Gods, they are Zerg Cerebrates and can only be killed by dark templars!

I seriously can't think of a single endgame boss that hasn't returned in some form. I don't understand how they literally rehash every single boss from the original shipping of the game and call it content for an expansion pack?
    there are quite a few bosses they didn't do a remake of yet... take Kurinaxx for example..
    stop the elitism

10+ Year Old Account

Thinking about it the Old Gods even look like the Zerg Cerebrates... someone needs to call in the DTs!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zulluhead
    well tacnically Strat,MC and AQ arent setbacks, reasons :
    -Strat we never did those bosses again, we killed the new ones before the plague
    -MC Rag wasnt in our plane so it was impossible to kill him,just defeat him
    -AQ we never killed C'Thun only weakened him
    -Anub'Arak (I know you didnt say him but still) was resurected after the HC by LK and so he came back in ToC (tbh exactly the same with Rivendare)

btw for future:
    -Sunwell was only a setback (when KJ comes again)
    We never Killed Kil'Jaeden, we just pushed him back through the portal
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellphantine View Post
    "Rock Knocker"
    as in Rock Knocker Hellphantine
    Spend 100+ hours melee dpsing under a boss' testicles.
    - From the create your own title thread.

10+ Year Old Account

Consider this: Cataclysm's main feature aside from new level cap and end game is the revamping of the old world. Why not revamp some of the old bosses as well? Are you complaining about the terrain being altered, but the zones still being essentially the same thing? No, you're not. Then why are you complaining about bosses being altered and reused? IMO as long as there are logical reasons for the return (Ragnaros and C'Thun being technically unkillable when previously encountered, Rivendare being rezzed, etc.) there's no problem.

Dude..They taped Ony's head back on. I think that's taking it a little too far. And I would be okay with it if it wasn't like, every single boss. I mean come on. That isn't an excuse.

Dude..They taped Ony's head back on. I think that's taking it a little too far. And I would be okay with it if it wasn't like, every single boss. I mean come on. That isn't an excuse.
    Onyxia is Deathwings baby, of course she would return...

and her fight mechanics are obviously not "Phase 2, deep breath until Phase 3" due to the buff involving her brother

Quote Originally Posted by shayleen
    there are quite a few bosses they didn't do a remake of yet... take Kurinaxx for example..
    "Endgame boss" presumably means "end boss" in the OP. Yeah, there are scads of earlier bosses in each instance that haven't been redone.

Kurinnaxx isn't such a great example, though. They used him twice right from the start: consider Fankriss. Heh.

I can buy Ragnaros and C'thun still being alive in some form, but recycling Ony and Nef makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis
    strat was the only out of the box instance you listed
    baron came back twise in naxx

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

This is something that's been eating away at me for some time now. I seriously can't think of a single endgame boss that hasn't returned in some form. I don't understand how they literally rehash every single boss from the original shipping of the game and call it content for an expansion pack? Am I being unrealistic here by asking for more than that? I mean that just seems pathetic. I mean as happy as I am for Cataclysm, just..Seriously? What original bosses are there besides Deathwing and idk, Neptulon and the Windlord dude? Does anyone else out there agree that this is some shit?
    If by "literally rehash" you mean "The ONLY thing the same is the boss graphic and name, because they have entirely different abilities now", then I'd agree. Onyxia is the only boss (And Kael'Thas-MT I guess, because it was pretty similar; There's Naxxramas also of course, but that was more of a ret-con than anything) currently that has been rehashed but has the same abilities. Hell, Onyxia even has a different graphic in Cata, so you can sure as hell believe she'll have different abilities.

The reason behind rehashing old content is actually pretty intelligent. For one, Vanilla WoW was a cluster-f***. There was nearly no story behind it, save for the quests of course. None of the raids were "linked" through lore as they somewhat were in BC and WoTLK. Not to mention the bosses were, for the most part, relative strategyless and consisted of either spank-and-tank or LOLGRINDREPFORRESISTGEAR-spank-and-tank. Blizzard sees this as a huge loss in resource development as they put in a lot of time designing the animations, including coding the encounters, and even designing the zones. All of which were seen by relatively few players due to the invasive nature of raiding at that time.

As for Cataclysm, one of it's main selling points is the changing of the old world (Even though that happens without you needing the expansion...it happens in 4.0). Does it not make sense for them to bring some of the old bosses, for a bigger rush of nostalgia? It's not as if we will be playing Vanilla WoW all over again. They'll give you enough to remind you of the old days, and there will be plenty of new content.

Look at it in Wrath's point of view. Naxxramas was the first actual rehashed content, and that was Blizzard fixing an injustice. Very, VERY, few people seen Naxx in it's original form. Now, almost everyone has seen it since it's an entry raid. Other than Naxx, EVERY raid was new content, barring Onyxia. Ony was solely updated for the 5th anniversary of WoW, and is in no way needed for progression (Like Naxx, Ulduar, and ICC all are/were are one point). It's like ZG/ZA were: Entirely optional, but there for you if you want to try something "different". Yes, it was rehashed, but Blizzard even admitted it was not to be seen as old content and was solely there for a "blast from the past" type effect.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dranx
    We never Killed Kil'Jaeden, we just pushed him back through the portal
    I know this, but just stated that it wont be a setback, tbh we did the same with Raggy well almost the same.

Kinda umm way too early to be complaining about that don´t you think? We know like what? 6 Bosses out of 14 (was that the number of bosses with which its gona ship? not sure here) 1 not even being a start up boss but the "End boss", neither do we know if his kids are among the startup bosses, possible 7th boss would be Cho'gal, pretty much unclear if C'thun is coming back. So out of this there are 3 pretty much sure comebacks but do you know of all the other bosses to come if so, do share, cause obviously you are one of the Devs and know whats coming to us, oh wait.
    Edit:
    Oh ye my bad i forgot the 2 lowbie Dungeons getting Heroic modes, my bad