AFK tags in the chat.

Am I the only one that thinks that the <AFK> tag in the chat is absolutely retarded? I mean, if you are writing, you're obviously not AFK!
    Anyways, what is your opinion on this? Is it because Blizzard didn't think of it, or does it serv a purpose that I don't know?

Deleted

Re: AFK tags in the chat.

I agree!

Well, some people might want to appear AFK to certain whispers etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    Basically, my last guild leader was a wheel-chair bound Mexican who wanted to be Black, posted pictures of his dad claiming it was him, had the hots for his sister, created a fantasy in which his sister was his wife and that they had twin daughters together, and thought he was an FBI agent.

Deleted

There's an option so AFK auto turns off when you move or type...

maybe if they had an option where moving dosen't turn it off but typing does

When you actually type /afk it gives that to you and will remain that way until you /afk again, if you physically go afk it will remove it upon typing/moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereba
    Well, some people might want to appear AFK to certain whispers etc.
    If this was the case, they should have an option to appear offline to other players aswell. Atleast via whispers/friendlist.

Deleted

While this function can be turned manually on/off you'll have to deal with it and not let it get on your nerves.

Deleted

Whats more retarded .. setting your status to afk or dnd while chatting .. or making posts about ppl doing so.

Just wondering ..

Quote Originally Posted by Theroshan
    Whats more retarded .. setting your status to afk or dnd while chatting .. or making posts about ppl doing so.

Just wondering ..
    What more retarded, making posts about people making posts about people chatting while tagged AFK, or making posts about being tagged AFK while chatting.
    Just wondering.

See, you can say that about anything. I'm interested to see what people thinks about this, not what you think is more retarded.

15+ Year Old Account

The AFK/DND tag should only be visible in whispers tbh

10+ Year Old Account

I hate it especially in Trade -.-
    "When there is an evil justice cannot defeat, what would you do? Would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you carry out your own justice and succumb to that evil?". - Code Geass

Also, here is a link to my Döppelganger ^_^