Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Libram of three Truths

ICD's = Icy Rage(264 version), Berserking and Ring Proc.

The difference is you are trading an unmodified Divine Storm for an ICD/Speed/AW 1-stack Judgment, and I'm trading an unmodified 0-stack Judgment for an ICD/Speed/AW Divine Storm, and I'm saying the latter is more damage(which is likely due to having a 277 weapon). I still get an ICD/Speed/AW 4-stack and and AW 5-stack in like you do.

As for DS, putting it on cooldown so that it has a chance to refresh immediately strays from the least-clash resolution and it relies on a new RNG metric to "work". I wouldn't suggest it.

Fair enough, though in hindsight i'm wondering why we were including the speed pot in our examples. It doesn't directly increase the damage of any move, reduce their cooldowns (save maybe the effective cooldown on divine storm), or reduce the GCD on our non-spell attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by BDF
    Fair enough, though in hindsight i'm wondering why we were including the speed pot in our examples. It doesn't directly increase the damage of any move, reduce their cooldowns (save maybe the effective cooldown on divine storm), or reduce the GCD on our non-spell attacks.
    Reduced spell GCD for a slight DPS increase, but I don't think it would give you an extra GCD in the time it's up. Mainly if the ~19% haste gives you an extra swing while wings/procs are up, it's a pretty significant DPS increase. It's the same reason why you intuitively use Engineering Gloves with wings at 0, 2m, 4m times(assuming 3 AW casts).

It's just that we had both stated we pre-pot and use wings on GCD into the fight, and the parts where we differ were largely independent of haste.

Also, what are you using to find your highest dps/least class priority list? A certain spreadsheet? Time vs cooldown tracker in Excel? Rawr?

Quote Originally Posted by BDF
    Also, what are you using to find your highest dps/least class priority list? A certain spreadsheet? Time vs cooldown tracker in Excel? Rawr?
    Rawr/Redcape's/Bellator's(modified by Exemplar) allows you to model rotations to find the highest DPS. For example, it some cases a CS>DS will do more DPS than a DS>CS, often by up to 50dps, despite what the elitist jerks thread states. For example, when I ran 2pc258/2pc264 before 4pc I found that J > CS > DS > HoW > Cons > Exo was about 60 dps better than J > DS > HoW > CS > Cons > Exo, the recommended FCFS for double 2pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin
    1) For example, it some cases a CS>DS will do more DPS than a DS>CS, often by up to 50dps, despite what the elitist jerks thread states.
    2) For example, when I ran 2pc258/2pc264 before 4pc I found that J > CS > DS > HoW > Cons > Exo was about 60 dps better than J > DS > HoW > CS > Cons > Exo, the recommended FCFS for double 2pc.
    1) I'm pretty sure that making a priority list for every possible gear combination would just flood the EJ forums
    2) I really wonder if a set priority list even works for 2p t10, due to DS resets being random.
    For example: I always use CS > DS if both abilities light up just after the swing timer, because I will get to use DS before the next swing timer anyway so I'd rather get my next CS off cd sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    1) I'm pretty sure that making a priority list for every possible gear combination would just flood the EJ forums
    2) I really wonder if a set priority list even works for 2p t10, due to DS resets being random.
    For example: I always use CS > DS if both abilities light up just after the swing timer, because I will get to use DS before the next swing timer anyway so I'd rather get my next CS off cd sooner.
    1. Yeah, it would flood the EJ forums. They're more or less guidelines, because gear differences change what's optimal all the time and they can't tell you what to do for each special gear set you've got.

2. It's all up to RNG. You could get a DS reset 10 melee swings in a row, and in that case DS would be ridiculously good...but you can't really rely on that happening. Personally, I use CS > DS as well because it just seems a little "safer" and tends to avoid the Reset-on-swing-timer-while-casting-DS-cancel-DS thing that pisses off everybody more often.