Piercing Shots question

Quick question about piercing shots and +% damage modifiers. Let's take the ICC (15%) one for instance. If my aimed shot say normally crits for 10k, it would then crit for 11500 due to the buff, correct? This should also raise the damge of piercing shots, from 3000 to 3450. Now, for my question, does that piercing shot damage also get affected by the +damage modifier, resulting in the piercing shots (for that 1 single aimed shot) total being 3967.5, thus making the damage bonus on the original piercing shots around 30%? Or does the +% damage bonus not get applied to piercing shots itself?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Piercing Shots question

The actual debuff is not affected by the 15%, so it would not add an extra 15% dmg, since it procs off of shot damage and not being an actual dot.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraphernalia
    The actual debuff is not affected by the 15%, so it would not add an extra 15% dmg, since it procs off of shot damage and not being an actual dot.
    Well, it is an actual dot. If you check recount/wol, it is its own damage source and its damage isn't always 30% of a crit, as it is affected by bleed damage debuffs

I really have no idea, but I think they design those types of buffs in such a way as to avoid double dipping.

Though, I have no facts to base this on it's just what I swear I remember reading somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Kvn
    I really have no idea, but I think they design those types of buffs in such a way as to avoid double dipping.

Though, I have no facts to base this on it's just what I swear I remember reading somewhere
    Like they made it so the glyph of holy light can't heal hundreds of thousands on dreamwalker? It seems like a pretty good idea to run tests on.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kaze950
    Well, it is an actual dot. If you check recount/wol, it is its own damage source and its damage isn't always 30% of a crit, as it is affected by bleed damage debuffs
    Its a bleed, that is affected by weapon damage, it gets its 15% bonus damage from your shot.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Piercing Shots: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=53238/piercing-shots#.
    "Your critical Aimed, Steady and Chimera Shots cause the target to bleed for 30% of the damage dealt over 8 sec."

Basically the bleed doesn't double dip from the 15% Buff. The buff doesn't increase the shot damage AND the bleed damage. The arms warrior/feral druid debuff increases all bleeds by 30%.

Now, the 15% buff does increase your shot damage and crit damage of your shots which then increases how much damage the bleed does.

15% Buff = Bigger Shots = Bigger Bleed
    15% Buff =/= Bigger Bleed Alone

This is a good question, so I decided to do an easy google search and found several forum posts that claim (some with logs) that piercing shots double dips with buffs like Twin Val'kyrs and the ICC buff.

Piercing shots is like deep wounds it accumulates dmg per application. It does however in 1 way or another get effected by 15% buff. Im not sure if its the shot alone being increased or if it gets both.

Quote Originally Posted by pewpewinface
    This is a good question, so I decided to do an easy google search and found several forum posts that claim (some with logs) that piercing shots double dips with buffs like Twin Val'kyrs and the ICC buff.
    Ignite double dips so I don't see why PS wouldn't, that is how I always understood it.

Quote Originally Posted by pewpewinface
    Can you give just 1 of the links plox d:

unrelated.

@Paraphernalia

your sig should be "were", not "we're". which is funny considering the message of your own signature.
    "Hard work never killed any body, But why take a chance?" - Edgar Bergen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Hughes
    unrelated.

@Paraphernalia

your sig should be "were", not "we're". which is funny considering the message of your own signature.
    Looks like she sentenced herself...

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Hughes
    unrelated.

@Paraphernalia

Its a quote, its meant to be ironic humor, congrats you're digging in a sandbox.
    Also, fix your own sig, thx.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Paraphernalia
    Its a quote, its meant to be ironic humor, congrats you're digging in a sandbox.
    Also, fix your own sig, thx.
    I'm sure it is a quote. It's not as if quotes use quotation marks as well as explicitly labeling who stated said quote, right?
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by buttspawn
    I'm sure it is a quote. It's not as if quotes use quotation marks as well as explicitly labeling who stated said quote, right?
    *looks at your sig*
    Nice quotation marks. Also fixed mine because apparently I have to draw a map to humor.

The discussion about signatures does not fit here.