Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    MMR is always off a couple hundred.

The MMR system is fricken terrible in the sense that if one is new in the sand and FKS to its first 50 years - games, have a bloody hard time reaching 1500 in the sweetness, not to speak of, 8 K for the gun. broken system is broken. High MMR = relatively easy to obtain "decent" ratings. Under MMR = Good luck to do so without having to face off against compositions and view your notes are deteriorating. 3 is safer in this regard, as is rumored to be more balanced.

Deleted
    Does this Matchmaking System actually work!?

We have a new team, none of us have ever done a Rated BG. So our 'Hidden Rating' should be zero right?

So why the heck have we faced teams with average ratings of 1600 only to get roflstomped in the process of learning?

Nobody excepts us to jump in and win Rated BGs with low resi, mine is only 2.2k which isn't the highest, but we're going against people in full vicious gear. We even faced a team with 1.8k the lowest and 2k the highest.

This matchmaking system is broken as hell, surely we should be facing teams with similar skill so that both teams can learn in the process?

Oh and no racism here: But it really needs to be UK vs UK, all the 5 teams we faced today were German, and we know Germans are known for their PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Frayzic View Post
    Does this Matchmaking System actually work!?

We have a new team, none of us have ever done a Rated BG. So our 'Hidden Rating' should be zero right?

So why the heck have we faced teams with average ratings of 1600 only to get roflstomped in the process of learning?

Nobody excepts us to jump in and win Rated BGs with low resi, mine is only 2.2k which isn't the highest, but we're going against people in full vicious gear. We even faced a team with 1.8k the lowest and 2k the highest.

This matchmaking system is broken as hell, surely we should be facing teams with similar skill so that both teams can learn in the process?

Oh and no racism here: But it really needs to be UK vs UK, all the 5 teams we faced today were German, and we know Germans are known for their PvP.
    Problem is the lack of teams. Blizzard prefer you fighting higher or lower teams in stead of not fighting any teams at all. It's both for good and bad obviously.
    If you wait in queue for a long time the matchmaking system will increase the rating range of possible ooponents.
    If there were more teams queueing at around your rating you'd be fighting proper teams.

And was that an inappropriate WWII joke? ;0
    Last edited by Bobzor; 2011-04-02 at 07:52 PM.

Deleted
    Does MMR is now the same for all teams? E.G I;ve got 1254 on 2s but we getting wiped over and over at 3s with 594 team rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post

And was that an inappropriate WWII joke? ;0
    I loled so hard after last part. Studying history of Second World War for tomorrow's exam. Your joke was quite nice

Deleted
    Arena is unbalanced in general. You get matched with teams who have miles better gear than you. The fact that a team can simply create a new one and then don full mass epic pvp gear and completely own new teams is just a rediculous flaw in the PVP system by Blizzard. PVP is just a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by farmergiles View Post
    Arena is unbalanced in general. You get matched with teams who have miles better gear than you. The fact that a team can simply create a new one and then don full mass epic pvp gear and completely own new teams is just a rediculous flaw in the PVP system by Blizzard. PVP is just a waste of time.
    This is exactly what MMR prevents. If you create a new team you'd still fight the same teams you were fighting before.

Nice post really appreciate it

Deleted
    awesome post, thanks :d

This system must've gotten atleast a minor change since these patchnotes... I mean i get 2x my partners MMR but we both started fresh on 1500 MMR... Hopefully their change on MMR happens soon, tired of wintrading and MMR abusing...

Great thread, did clarify alot for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Madness20 View Post
    The maths on original post are not right as far as i see.
    If ur formulas are right then it would be something like
    1/(1+10(1580-1500)/400) = 1/(1 + 10 x 80 /400) = 1/(1+2) = 1/3 = 0.333333
    1/(1+10(1500-1580)/400) = 1/(1 + 10 x(-80)/400) = 1/(1 + (-2))= -1 ??
    Theres something not right on these formulas. i would like to know what xD
    Glad I'm not the only one. I thought my excellent math skills had faded as I spent 20+ minutes trying to figure out what the hell was going on here.

-Judge

Edit: The formula is on Wowwiki in it's correct form. The OP just typed it out improperly. It's 10 to the power of, not 10 multiplied by. Should look like this:

1/(1+10^(1580-1500)/400)
    1/(1+10^0.2)
    1/(1+1.585)
    1/2.585
    38.7% chance of winning (rounded of course)

1/(1+10^(1500-1580)/400)
    1/(1+10^-0.2)
    1/(1+0.631)
    1/1.631
    61.3% chance of winning (rounded of course)
    Last edited by Judgejoebrwn; 2011-07-12 at 08:58 PM.

Arenas will never be balanced. Will they?

I had a friend of mine say that if my MMR doesn't get wiped (sitting around 2090 mmr atm) I'd be able to get 2200 relatively easy at the start of the next season.. but reading up on how the arena matchmaking system works doesn't second that, does it? Or am I reading this wrong?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaild0rf View Post
    I had a friend of mine say that if my MMR doesn't get wiped (sitting around 2090 mmr atm) I'd be able to get 2200 relatively easy at the start of the next season.. but reading up on how the arena matchmaking system works doesn't second that, does it? Or am I reading this wrong?
    Pretty sure it won't be easier next season.

Not sure why your friend thinks that but from what I know it wont be easier, seeing as your mmr will stay at 2090.

---------- Post added 2011-11-10 at 01:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by imbad85 View Post
    Arenas will never be balanced. Will they?
    Doubt it

Deleted
    I'm glad that someone did in fact decide to make a sticky for this question

Deleted
    Will MMR continue to deflate next season after the MMR reset?

Whelp hidden ratings ftl