Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The MMR system is fricken terrible in the sense that if one is new to arena and he fks up his first 50 +- matches, he 's going to have a bloody hard time reaching 1500 smoothly, let alone 1.8k for his weapon.

Last season I remember having to work hard to get to 1.8k, and then even harder for 2.1k(*TROLL DISCLAIMER* non too great 2's setup in the counter bracket nomnom, also first time arena'er), and in S8 I started out with 2.3k MMR and basically sailed to 2.2k. Up to 1.9k- 2k rating we were losing -2 to -5 MAX while gaining like +20 every match we won.

Broken system is broken. High MMR = relative ease to get "decent" ratings. Low MMR = Good luck trying to get it up without facing counter comps and see your rating get trashed. 3's is safer in that aspect as it's rumored to be more balanced . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Martsus View Post
    The MMR system is fricken terrible in the sense that if one is new to arena and he fks up his first 50 +- matches, he 's going to have a bloody hard time reaching 1500 smoothly, let alone 1.8k for his weapon.

Last season I remember having to work hard to get to 1.8k, and then even harder for 2.1k(*TROLL DISCLAIMER* non too great 2's setup in the counter bracket nomnom, also first time arena'er), and in S8 I started out with 2.3k MMR and basically sailed to 2.2k. Up to 1.9k- 2k rating we were losing -2 to -5 MAX while gaining like +20 every match we won.

Broken system is broken. High MMR = relative ease to get "decent" ratings. Low MMR = Good luck trying to get it up without facing counter comps and see your rating get trashed. 3's is safer in that aspect as it's rumored to be more balanced . . .
    High MMR = play against hard teams = get more per win cause they're actually skilled. Low MMR = play against scrubs who you should beat even if they're you're counter comp (if you are indeed 2.2k worthy, you should beat a 1500 counter comp). Since you should be winning nearly 100% of the time at 1500 MMR (if you are 2.2k worthy) then your MMR will go up very quickly.

Broken complaint is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic42 View Post
    High MMR = play against hard teams = get more per win cause they're actually skilled. Low MMR = play against scrubs who you should beat even if they're you're counter comp (if you are indeed 2.2k worthy, you should beat a 1500 counter comp). Since you should be winning nearly 100% of the time at 1500 MMR (if you are 2.2k worthy) then your MMR will go up very quickly.

Broken complaint is broken.
    Lower MMR is still the same chance to meet hard-counters, which punish your rating way harder. Broken complaint about complaint is broken. The difference between a 1.8 k and 2.2k Druid/Warr is marginal.

Yea thanks for the thread, I was wondering what was going on when me and my friend (Unholy DK) made a temporary arena team just for the points in that week we werent playing for (10 matches) and we quite quickly playing against people who were at about 1600 rating while we were at 300~
    Last edited by Quimbythemouse; 2010-06-18 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Typo

I like this new MMR system, if you are playing a team vastly above your MMR then, then you will probably lose, but the penalties are extremly low. Probably no loss in points, and not much change (if any?) on your MMR. You do get a loss on your team though.

Remeber when personal rating first came out? You'd would win matchs and your points will go down until personal ratings were normalised.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    History[/size][/b]
    MMR was implented in season 5 due to the constant whining in TBC over high rated players creating new teams and destroying every team up to the rating where they belonged.
    Nothing at all to do with the rampant constant spam selling of high rating carries after overpowered flavor of the month got their own gear.

Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    Nothing at all to do with the rampant constant spam selling of high rating carries after overpowered flavor of the month got their own gear.
    I'm not quite sure what you mean. But isn't pretty much the same thing? A better team who start at low ratings?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible for MMR to reach 0? I've done the leaving games method to grind 10 games, and so far my MMR dipped down to 595.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Is it possible for MMR to reach 0? I've done the leaving games method to grind 10 games, and so far my MMR dipped down to 595.
    Well, theoretically yes i suppose. As long as you fight people with low enough MMR.

You should try it out =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    Well, theoretically yes i suppose. As long as you fight people with low enough MMR.

You should try it out =P
    It's frustrating and boring as heck to do though. Only managed to go 0-15 and MMR was at like 500 or so.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

The maths on original post are not right as far as i see.
    If ur formulas are right then it would be something like
    1/(1+10(1580-1500)/400) = 1/(1 + 10 x 80 /400) = 1/(1+2) = 1/3 = 0.333333
    1/(1+10(1500-1580)/400) = 1/(1 + 10 x(-80)/400) = 1/(1 + (-2))= -1 ??
    Theres something not right on these formulas. i would like to know what xD

Quote Originally Posted by wingcommander View Post
    Probably no loss in points, and not much change (if any?) on your MMR.
    Probably I am missing someting. We're sitting at shitty ~1700-1800 MMR. Tried to do some 2v2 today, was going good, until we met few 2-2.2k geared priests who wasted all the rating we gained in few hours. How can we possibly lose 17 rating against 2.2k geared team?

Not even gonna ask why we got ten priest teams in the row.

Quote Originally Posted by FatMF View Post
    Probably I am missing someting. We're sitting at shitty ~1700-1800 MMR. Tried to do some 2v2 today, was going good, until we met few 2-2.2k geared priests who wasted all the rating we gained in few hours. How can we possibly lose 17 rating against 2.2k geared team?

Not even gonna ask why we got ten priest teams in the row.
    Lets say the priest with the wrathful weapons got it from doing 3vs3 with some really good players. Then he goes on playing 2vs2 with one of his friends who isn't as good as him and haven't really been doing much arena before and therefor haven't got a high MMR. The team would then drop a lot and would probably hover at around 1800 MMR. It's also quite common for better players to try to "boost" someone elses rating for gold or just because they're friends.

So all in all MMR isn't based around gear, gear has nothing to do with what MMR you have.
    And priests have a fairly high representation in 2vs2 but random is random :>

I opened an account to ask this Does your MMR binds to your account or to your character? If I start to doing arena with my alt does my mains MMR effect my alt's MMR?

Quote Originally Posted by rondo View Post
    I opened an account to ask this Does your MMR binds to your account or to your character? If I start to doing arena with my alt does my mains MMR effect my alt's MMR?
    it binds to ur character

fortunately it doesnt affect ur alt's MMR (that would be terrible)

Thanks for explaining this, been wondering what that was :P

Why are you bumping a sticky? =0
    Will try to put something together about how the system works in rated battlegrounds. Will be up as soon as I get some more info about it.

Deleted
    Bob made it clearer to us, gosh, what world are we living in!