Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dragonblight isnt the only place with big skellies.

Imagine you were on vacation in Stranglethorn, and you took a swim in the ocean. And suddenly met this fellah. :P

Im sure many of you have seen those remains before, but are we ever actually gonna meet a live one in the game?

This is some sort of sea serpent, that obviously died on low waters in STV, just outside the haunted island.

I hope Blizzard will put some of these guys into wow at some point in the future.

Re: Dragonblight isnt the only place with big skellies.

so we've got giant sea serpent skeletons or sea creature skeletons in desolace, stv, dragonblight, and darkshore. any others?
    Q. Why are there so few female politicians?
    A. Because it takes too long to makeup on two faces

Tanaris
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kawwah
    I hope Blizzard will put some of these guys into wow at some point in the future.
    When TBC was in development, there was apparently a gigantic Threshadon would kill any player swimming to Azuremyst Isle if they had managed to get far enough past the fatigue line.

Edit:Found something on it on the Thottbott page for Darkshore comments (http://thottbot.com/z148?view=Newest). Apparently it's called "Oceanic Beast". I don't know if it's still there today though.

Sorry, they were all killed off in a Cataclysm.
    Taka of Deus Vox

Quote Originally Posted by Perapsam
    When TBC was in development, there was apparently a gigantic Threshadon would kill any player swimming to Azuremyst Isle if they had managed to get far enough past the fatigue line.

Edit:Found something on it on the Thottbott page for Darkshore comments (http://thottbot.com/z148?view=Newest). Apparently it's called "Oceanic Beast". I don't know if it's still there today though.
    You can't even swim to Azuremyst from the vanilla continents, they're not on the same 'physical' map. So fatigue line passed or not, you won't reach Azuremyst by swimming. (Unless you swim from Bloodmyst ofcourse )
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen321 View Post
    Tirion has joined the guild
    [Guild][Tirion]: /brofist
    [Guild][Bolvar]: /brofist
    Tirion has left the guild
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximen View Post
    Warriors will dead...

Hmmmm... if it's a fossil.... that wouldn't make sense, the warm climate in Tanaris and Stranglethorn coupled with the ample supply of bio-breaking bacteria would have demolished the bones long ago. It must be fresh, or at least only a few years old. Creepy to think about.

As I commented in another thread that showed an even BIGGER one found off the coast of Dragonblight (which looks much more fossil-like, and given the sub-zero temperatures of the water, very likely is) it is probably just Blizzageration feeding on the Rule of Cool and not actually a creature viable to appear in the game. The biggest limitation would be the size: something that big will be very confusing to fight against, as it would be hard to know who it's attacking and, possibly, lead to its model cramming against the player's, making it difficult to select your own character.

I do think they're nice decoration, though, for that spine-tingling "what if these things are real" feeling. This thread is proof of it.
    Vengeance... it is not what you take back. It is what you justly return.

'The Assassin Commoner' - Story
    Magister Adrius Frostglare - Forsaken
    AdriusFrostglare - Deviant Art Page

Quote Originally Posted by Adrius Frostglare
    Hmmmm... if it's a fossil.... that wouldn't make sense, the warm climate in Tanaris and Stranglethorn coupled with the ample supply of bio-breaking bacteria would have demolished the bones long ago. It must be fresh, or at least only a few years old. Creepy to think about.

As I commented in another thread that showed an even BIGGER one found off the coast of Dragonblight (which looks much more fossil-like, and given the sub-zero temperatures of the water, very likely is) it is probably just Blizzageration feeding on the Rule of Cool and not actually a creature viable to appear in the game. The biggest limitation would be the size: something that big will be very confusing to fight against, as it would be hard to know who it's attacking and, possibly, lead to its model cramming against the player's, making it difficult to select your own character.

I do think they're nice decoration, though, for that spine-tingling "what if these things are real" feeling. This thread is proof of it.

you're talking about this behemoth. Here's a screenie of it and a fully grown dragon's skeleton in the same shot. The dragon is barely the same size as the sea creatures head!
    http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...gley/skel5.jpg
    Q. Why are there so few female politicians?
    A. Because it takes too long to makeup on two faces

Ah I remember that, some guy thought it was dragon bones until no wings were found. But yeah, those bones are about 10x as large as Galakronds(largest dragon)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You are correct that a lot of players moan about things being too easy without having seen the content personally. We definitely place less emphasis on their feedback than on people who have actually tried those encounters.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=4#72

The one in Dragonblight is said to be Manta.
    ~ ♥ { Face of Death | The Cast } ♥ ~

That's what some people thought, but is Manta mentioned in WoW? Did that novel say that Manta died near the Dragonblight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You are correct that a lot of players moan about things being too easy without having seen the content personally. We definitely place less emphasis on their feedback than on people who have actually tried those encounters.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=4#72

Deleted

Not sure where his skelly is but could it be Manta :c?
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Manta

One thing is certain. These creatures have dominated the waters in the past, and we were to late to see the show.

Something big must have been going on. Remember the quest in Darkshore where you have to bring fossils from big sea creatures and turtes back to Auberdine?

There is another way to look at it, the size most dragons are portrayed as, is way smaller then they are. Imho, Alexstrasza at least should be larger then for example just the random skeletons found in Dragonblight, but she isn't.

It's all part of this annoying size portrayal you have in the whole of the WoW world. Flying from Borean Tundra to Howling Fjord should take days, not minutes, etc etc etc.

If they ever make a WoW2, I hope they will make it more true to size.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Eucep
    There is another way to look at it, the size most dragons are portrayed as, is way smaller then they are. Imho, Alexstrasza at least should be larger then for example just the random skeletons found in Dragonblight, but she isn't.

It's all part of this annoying size portrayal you have in the whole of the WoW world. Flying from Borean Tundra to Howling Fjord should take days, not minutes, etc etc etc.

In one of the Valgarde quests, it speaks of Borean Tundra as being "hundreds of miles along the coast".
    Then how come I could run there in less than an hour?

Quote Originally Posted by Eucep

''Ok everyone, this time we'll raid naxxramas. Start flying and we'll see each other on thursday!''

Quote Originally Posted by Abb
    In one of the Valgarde quests, it speaks of Borean Tundra as being "hundreds of miles along the coast".
    Then how come I could run there in less than an hour?

The griphoons on the fly path are jet planes covered by feathers

Haha, yes that is the whole issue why it will not happen. Unless they put in a big portal system or way faster flying methods.

Here another good example of why you should just take 'big things' as just cool factor.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Stormwind_City

Population: 200.000

You honestly think what we see in game could house that much (note player limit on a server is 3500 iirc).
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Maven

The griphoons on the fly path are jet planes covered by feathers
    http://i.imgur.com/uBWCz.jpg

10+ Year Old Account

My backyard.
    "When there is an evil justice cannot defeat, what would you do? Would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you carry out your own justice and succumb to that evil?". - Code Geass

Also, here is a link to my Döppelganger ^_^