Deleted

How many of Chain Heal's heals are considred direct?

Only the initial hit, or all the bounces?

If all the bounces are individual direct heals i'm gonna enjoy http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/54573/g...wilight-scale/ if i get it.

Re: How many of Chain Heal's heals are considred direct?

all of them i suppose.

Should be all of them, but I may be wrong

I think only the first one counts as anything actually, but never tested it.
    May everyone live.
    May everyone die.
    Hello my love.
    And my love, goodbye.

my guess would be that a direct heal is a heal that hits a target that you purposely intended. so the first target in your chain heal

Deleted

To quote EJ

Many trinkets will proc based on a “direct healing spells.” Each jump of chain heal is considered a direct heal. A trinket such as [The Egg of Mortal Essence] can proc on any jump of chain heal.

Other trinkets proc based on “each spell cast.” In those cases, the jumps do not count as separate spells. For example, [Je'Tze's Bell]
    Pretty pointless though since the proc is a HoT, isn't it? Although I suppose if several people are standing 11-12 yards apart and others are stacking on them it could be useful.

Deleted

The proc would just overwrite itself now I think about it. Was kind of hoping for 4x per chain then remembered how it really works >.>

Can Test with http://www.wowhead.com/item=37734 if you really want to be sure. uses same "direct heals" phrasing
    Tank Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by TOMGC
    The proc would just overwrite itself now I think about it. Was kind of hoping for 4x per chain then remembered how it really works >.>
    well each 4 people (unless stacked completely) would have a different 10yard range around them. and chain heal spazzes out sometimes and jumps pretty far
    Tank Extraordinaire

I'm pretty sure that trinket is garbage for resto anyway.

I haven't seen any data on it, I'm just going by my own assumptions. Maybe if the proc wasn't on use and was affected by SP, but it's on use with a 2 min CD. If I were using a non regen trinket, I'd definitely prefer Abacus, at least that smart heal actually has a chance of saving someone.

Anyway, to answer your question, yeah it would most likely proc from each jump. It's basically like Ribbon of Sacrifice (from kara) with a different effect.

it is all 4, a direct heal is anything that is not a HoT

Quote Originally Posted by cptjenkins
    it is all 4, a direct heal is anything that is not a HoT
    Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Quietmode
    Can Test with http://www.wowhead.com/item=37734 if you really want to be sure. uses same "direct heals" phrasing
    That works with the Holy Light glyph, be pretty unfair if it didn't work with CH!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic
    I'm pretty sure that trinket is garbage for resto anyway.

I haven't seen any data on it, I'm just going by my own assumptions. Maybe if the proc wasn't on use and was affected by SP, but it's on use with a 2 min CD. If I were using a non regen trinket, I'd definitely prefer Abacus, at least that smart heal actually has a chance of saving someone.

Anyway, to answer your question, yeah it would most likely proc from each jump. It's basically like Ribbon of Sacrifice (from kara) with a different effect.
    Do we know for a fact yet that it does NOT scale with SP?