Super 8: I wonder what this movie will be about <.<

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=rAwYpSMsD-Y <- watch that its really freaky..

If you notice on the train.. theres a star on the train.. and kinda looks similiar to Captain americas sign <.<

/discuss

Edit: changed title to be more descriptive; fixed link. --Sunshine

How is a raven like a writing desk?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: I wonder what this movie will be about <.<

About the star..... It's the standard star the USA uses for all it's armed forces. (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm European)
    The train is a military train carrying "secrets" from Area 51. Now captain America was involved in the army, but that was during WWII. The movie is set in 79.

According to IMDB, Captain America is already being filmed. The director is Joe Johnston.

In my huble opinion, this is going to be another one of Steven Spielbergs alien flicks. We all know how much he likes aliens.
    For the Emperor.

Re: Super 8: I wonder what this movie will be about <.<

I've heard a bit about it... I've heard it may be a prequel to Cloverfield... here's a fancy new link i found

http://www.scariestthingieversaw.com/

15+ Year Old Account

For some reason now you got me thinking it's an original super hero movie.. Super (< eh?) 8 (maybe there's 8 of them!)

/tinfoil hat equip

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    For some reason now you got me thinking it's an original super hero movie.. Super (< eh?) 8 (maybe there's 8 of them!)

/tinfoil hat equip
    Or maybe... Its a giant alien robot with the number 8 on his chest! Do keep in mind that its JJ Abrams and Steven Spielberg we are talking about here.
    ..or its about 8 aliens with super powers!
    ..or its a giant alien robot in the shape of an 8!

One thing is certain though. If the key words 'Area 51' and 'Spielberg' are in, its about aliens!!!
    For the Emperor.

Quote Originally Posted by Endertactician
    I've heard a bit about it... I've heard it may be a prequel to Cloverfield... here's a fancy new link i found

http://www.scariestthingieversaw.com/
    what is it? it makes so sense, and it isnt even scary, its so dull.
    Armour is no protection against the blessed tools of the righteous

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sojoez
    In my huble opinion, this is going to be another one of Steven Spielbergs alien flicks. We all know how much he likes aliens.
    This is basically the closest thing to what I suspect it is. JJ Abrams said he was going to make movie homage to a Spielberg classic from the mid 70's which basically means the movie is based on Jaws or Encounters. Judging by the trailer it is pretty obvious the movie is related to Encounters in that it is about aliens. A Super 8 is a type of camera. Therefore I suspect that it will somehow be a Cloverfield-esque version of Encounters in which a group of people encounter an alien being and the only evidence that remains is on a Super 8mm camera.