Thread: 20% buff

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: 20% buff

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe
    cheers, i can get further than 4 bosses in a PuG ;D
    If you couldn't do that with the 10% or 15% buff, I don't think you'll ever get past the first four bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    That's completely speculation, though.

I mean, there's a good chance they'll keep releasing the increments about the same distance apart, but there's been absolutely no official schedule released. It's quite conceivable that they could change the date if it works better for them.

Also, if someone does find proof, please do post and bring it to Boubouille's attention via the contact link (or just post and I'll point it out to him).
    It's speculation with accuracy.
    It was accurate with the 15% buff.
    So I'm going to assume it will be accurate with the 20%.

Blizzard never states deadlines of when stuff is going to come out, but you can look at it from a timed perspective and see how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    Wipes in Phase 1 Learning:
    Tank Deaths from 1 shot

Wipes in Phase 2 Learning
    Valkyr picks up Disc Priest.
    Valkyr picks up Paladin Healers

Valkyr picks up designated Stunners

All of these will result in a wipe and its all RNG.
    1: You are using an undergeared tank then. Or he was actually killed in 2 or 3 hits but healers simply started healing too late.
    2: Designated stunners: If one is picked up, someone could actually do their duty and stun while that guy can't. Not hard.

It's not all "RNG". With quick reaction they can all handled.

If RNG is certain wipe, how come many guilds kill it every week, sometimes even with bad RNG? People who wipe have blamed RNG since vanilla, it's silly. Completely predictable encounters (no RNG) would be stupid and most of the time extremely easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos
    1: You are using an undergeared tank then. Or he was actually killed in 2 or 3 hits but healers simply started healing too late.
    2: Designated stunners: If one is picked up, someone could actually do their duty and stun while that guy can't. Not hard.

If RNG is certain wipe, how come many guilds kill it every week, sometimes even with bad RNG? People who wipe have blamed RNG since vanilla, it's silly. Completely predictable encounters (no RNG) would be stupid and most of the time extremely easy.
    LOL.

Yogg- 0?
    No RNG.
    Was still hard.

Deleted

If RNG is certain wipe, how come many guilds kill it every week, sometimes even with bad RNG? People who wipe have blamed RNG since vanilla, it's silly.
    agreed.

ICC25 Normal is a joke with the 15% buff. The infest is a non issue with a disc priests (Every serious guild should have one). The Valkyrs can be cleaved down like trash if handled correctly. Defile is a joke if you control it correctly.

The fight is hard if you have people who don't play the tactics correctly and/or don't listen and/or don't react quickly.

If you are really having problems with fights in ICC, use AVR until it gets destroyed as it makes any fight a walk in the park (which is why its getting the boot).

If anyone is having problems with the 15% buff up I suggest changing your leadership to get people into the right mood. I've seen it before, people giving it 50% and messing up on the easiest things. LK 25 15% is a 1 shot if everyone gives it 100% for 12 minutes, RNG on normal does not mean a wipe, everything can be handled if you play correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy
    agreed.

ICC25 Normal is a joke with the 15% buff. The infest is a non issue with a disc priests (Every serious guild should have one). The Valkyrs can be cleaved down like trash if handled correctly. Defile is a joke if you control it correctly.

The fight is hard if you have people who don't play the tactics correctly and/or don't listen and/or don't react quickly.

If you are really having problems with fights in ICC, use AVR until it gets destroyed as it makes any fight a walk in the park (which is why its getting the boot).

If anyone is having problems with the 15% buff up I suggest changing your leadership to get people into the right mood. I've seen it before, people giving it 50% and messing up on the easiest things. LK 25 15% is a 1 shot if everyone gives it 100% for 12 minutes, RNG on normal does not mean a wipe, everything can be handled if you play correctly.
    Hi, welcome to the conversation.
    We're talking about heroic lich king, thanks.
    AVR is useless for that fight.

agreed.

Except were talking about LK25 hc, not normal mode

I seriously hope they wait another week...

(yes, this is whining)
    Ardoric Sollis Ardodeath. Proud pet collector

Ardoric <Undergeared> Raiding in blues 'cause gear is overrated (8/12 ICC 10 | 3/4 RS 10)

Quote Originally Posted by ardoRic
    You argue that you need gear to compensate stupidity, I argue that you shouldn't take stupid to your raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    That's completely speculation, though.

I mean, there's a good chance they'll keep releasing the increments about the same distance apart, but there's been absolutely no official schedule released. It's quite conceivable that they could change the date if it works better for them.

Also, if someone does find proof, please do post and bring it to Boubouille's attention via the contact link (or just post and I'll point it out to him).
    Boubouille isn't a she :O?

LOL.

Yogg- 0?
    No RNG.
    Was still hard.
    Yeah, you just had to stack tons of warlocks instead. Blizzard even said it was extremely overtuned and they'll never make an encounter like that again (who knows though).

Deleted

Hi, welcome to the conversation.
    We're talking about heroic lich king, thanks.
    AVR is useless for that fight.
    How does what any of what I said make any difference because of a Difficulty shift? Its the same thing, normal guilds wiping on normal, Heroic guilds wiping on heroic.
    There is a reason the same guilds are killing things top 10 and others aren't - and it is definitely not RNG.

AVR can be used on any encounter where someone can be bothered to make it work.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsz
    Boubouille isn't a she :O?
    You see, Boubouille has many personas and many faces....

How does what any of what I said make any difference because of a Difficulty shift? Its the same thing, normal guilds wiping on normal, Heroic guilds wiping on heroic.
    There is a reason the same guilds are killing things top 10 and others aren't - and it is definitely not RNG.

AVR can be used on any encounter where someone can be bothered to make it work.
    No, it's not the same thing.
    And heroic lich king isn't just a difficulty switch.
    It trivalizes having aura mastery, disc priest spam shielding every GCD for infest, and enough stuns to kill valks.

I never said anything about top 10 guilds, congrats to them on their kill.
    I'm sure they have outstanding player, but even the top 100 are still struggling with RNG in the fight, which can cause the majority of the wipes.

AVR is only used for phase one of lich king, so its completely moot to use it on that fight.

What does RNG stand for? ???
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Upptagen
    Random Number Generated.

Something that is out of your control.

Deleted

Revitalize, stop talking like this.
    It's annoying.
    There's no reason for you to talk like this.
    It doesn't help that you're whining about RNG when the problem is you're not good enough.
    Thank you.

Deleted

No, it's not the same thing.
    And heroic lich king isn't just a difficulty switch.
    I didn't mean the "same thing" as same tactics, stop being pedantic.

I meant the learning and needing 100% focus for execution is the same. There is a reason all of the top 100 guilds are top 100 (There I changed it for you so you don't complain).

There is a reason why my guild is stuck on Putricide Heroic, and its not RNG.

So, it happens once in a while. So what? You have many tries. After they killed it first time, they actually started farming the encounter. (I actually see a holy paladin being able to handle it in 10 man though, they're crazy op with 1 seconds holy lights and beacon(and let's not forget the aoe healing at melee))
    Oh yes, the 2-2.5k heal on the melee. Let us forget that healing because it's nihil. Ye, us holy paladins could manage to keep half the raid up at max, since lich king nor shamblers are hitting less while infest is up. That's, let's count; 10-5=5 so you can keep up with this reasoning here aye? That's half your raid dead, if you're going for the 1st kill, even 1 person is fatal to the try. You obviously all know that ofcourse, but since you sincerly thought it was possible to manage an infest on your own as a paladin, you are mistaken.

On a sidenote; 1sec HL lights are "only" ("" for relativation) possible in bloodlust. In 277 gear you might hang around 900-950 (if you're not fully retarted by forgetting about your mp5) which is still not enough for 1sec, but 1.1sec. Like I said, sidenote :P

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I hope that everyone QQing about the % buff soon realizes that Blizzard is implenting it to the game instead of nerfing all bosses untill their butts hurt when they release 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Upptagen
    Random Number Generation. It's a term for randomness. In this case, there is randomness involved with the Lich King targeting someone for defile, soul reaper and val'kyr pick ups. If someone slow and stupid gets targeted with defile it can cause a wipe. It's ok if a DPS get sent into frostmourne, but it can easily lead to a wipe if a healer goes in instead.