Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Halion Fight - To Easy?

After watching Vodka and the other kills video, it comes across me that the place is going to be a piñata for sub-par players and there 271 loot. Obviously I have no clue what heroic will be like, but looking at the fight I noticed a few things

Red phase is dodging fire and big bombs?
    Purple phase is dodging the twirling beam around the room?

is there anything else to the fight im missing from watching the video?
    Even my horse has a Celestial Steed.
    http://imgur.com/kIg56.png

Re: Halion Fight - To Easy?

Ruby sanctum in general is surprisingly pretty hard. Trash is..um....OP
    but the actual fights them selves are pretty hard. But like 90% of PTR characters are premades so,
    it will be much easier when it hits retail and everyone with ICC gear will be 2 shotting it
    Quote Originally Posted by Synwyn View Post
    My first raiding guild, way back in Vanilla WoW - Kaywarrior was our DPS warrior. After a billion Nef kills, Ashkandi finally dropped. He jerked off on vent. Literally jerked off while keyed in. Best moment ever.
    Indeed.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zoeysan
    After watching Vodka and the other kills video, it comes across me that the place is going to be a piñata for sub-par players and there 271 loot. Obviously I have no clue what heroic will be like, but looking at the fight I noticed a few things

Its meant to be a Current level replica of OS. OS was a face roll joke on normal, even on the first kill of LK we killed it 20man in green/blues.

I think thats what they are going for (but less extreme)

It's about getting everyone excited about cataclysm, not to give people a challenge that is tougher than the lich king.
    And the high level gear reward is only so that people can use that to do the (hard mode) bosses they have not yet experienced in WotLK before cataclysm comes because the new expansion will supposedly have an entire new gear restart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    [/COLOR]

Blizz said that this was going to be a filler like Ony just for people to get more gear.

And the gear isn't that great. There are a few pieces to be excited about (The ARP trinket, for example), but most of the non-trinket items are sidegrades from 264 pieces and will be used as gearscore pieces.

Looks cool, good loot, prelude to cata.

WTF

Deleted

Don't think this will be hard, maybe at first but then very easy. Probably only hardmode will be any challanging. It's just for gear and not much more.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by deadlok
    Blizz said that this was going to be a filler like Ony just for people to get more gear.
    Source?

Tbh from watching the vids it actually looks quite hard. Wonder how long its going to take before people can pug it.
    Forget everything you know about everything.

What do you base your opinion on? PTR doesn't reflect live servers and as such it's subject to change, hence the "test" part in PTR.

you also have to think that what you've seen is guilds that are very capable of killing this boss, that are geared to the teeth and probably already over gear it.
    Also there is heroic mode if you aren't satisfied with the difficulty of normal mode.

Is wow too easy?

Not sure anyone has ever asked this question.

15+ Year Old Account

Do it without addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    And the gear isn't that great. There are a few pieces to be excited about (The ARP trinket, for example), but most of the non-trinket items are sidegrades from 264 pieces and will be used as gearscore pieces.
    gearscore is for nuuubs. :P

atleast i wanna get those arp plate items for my warrior. especially the trinket, its a killer for pvp! ^^
    and the haste trinket would possibly be needed by my shaman.

Normal mode itself is always "too easy". Try Halion on Heroic, and then complain of its ease.

Very class dependant. There are 3 items so far that will replace items as BiS as arcane mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoeysan

The raid has to split up after a while to be in bouth worlds and apply pressure to the boss or he regenerates. That's going to be a mechanic that can take some time for pugs to get used to i guess.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Normal mode is of course quite easy. Try heroic instead if you want a bit of a challenge. Halion is not meant to be the final boss of the expansion. Heroic 25 Lich king is still harder than him. The ruby sanctum is only meant to be a pre-event for Cataclysm.

And who knows they are gonna tune it and make it harder if test results conclude that it is too easy atm. But like someone said: Premade is BiS geared characters. If you cant defeat a boss (easily) with BiS gear, how should it be possible?

And the vids I saw came from guilds who are capable to down LK25HC so they aint a bunch of retards. Ever did a PuG? I did today, ToC25Normal. First P2 of anub, first 3 sec 3-4 people died by the spikes because they didnt move. Such things you will never see happening when a guild like Vodka is gonna raid it, unless someone DC-ed ofc. So wait til you jump in conclusions until it got released. If the avarage PuGs (so not the PuGs filled with people from the top 10 guilds, but the PuGs with the retards who probably are keyboard turning) can clear ruby sanctum like it is nothing, then you may say it is too easy.

Also, I read somewhere (dunno where anymore, believe it was on this site) that ruby sanctum should match the difficulty of the heroic mode of the first 4 bosses in ICC25.

The caster cape is very 3rd BiS, a side-grade to the ToC capes, and the cloth wrist is BiS, so when heroic comes along, they'll definitely be BiS.