Deleted

Why can 2 different buffs which grant the same stats not exist at the same time?

First of all, yes, I know about raidbuffs only giving you the most powerful stat buff. But that explains why the benefits don't stack, not why only one buff may exist at a time. Take Fel Intelligence for example. It can exist if a Mage is buffing Int, because it gives spirit - but that proves that some buffs can exist together but one will just be inactive. So why cant this work with all buffs that overwrite each other?

I ask mainly because I play an enhance shaman specced into improved str/agi totem, which is better than Horn of Winter until people leave totem range. So sometimes its better for me not to use my STR totem. If both buffs could exist together (one being inactive ofc) this wouldn't happen.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Why can 2 different buffs which grant the same stats not exist at the same time?

I am guessing that it is to make it simpler, to keep your screen from being cluttered, but yes, I agree that it can be annoying.
    Actually, we prefer "Ethically challenged" now.

Deleted

Re: Why can 2 different buffs which grant the same stats not exist at the same time?

Think this has to do with convenience and confusion, for example, my Tree of Life aura and improved Devotion Aura of Paladin Tank excist at the same time but don't stack, think this has to do with alot of Druids being confused about why their aura was turned off all of a sudden, where as activation effects seem to overwrite eachother

I might be wrong here but I think it mainly has to do with:

Buffs that give exactly the same stats: no go to prevent screen from being filled with Buffs
    Buffs with some differences: put them on together to prevent confusion but don't let them both increase stats

Deleted

I think its possible, but if it really have a reason than it works like this to help ppl keep clear their interface and only see what they get and not what they have on. They must have some prioroty that tells what will be shown if the two buff meets. For example: if a buff have a "yaay you win!" parameter, it will be on your screen anyway, if it have "you lose!", it will be shown only if its the only giving that stat.

Actually Blizzard has made this clear the reason why.... it makes you think about your buffs that you are using and making those choices... in your example should our raid use horn of winter cause its a high movement fight or is melee going to stay about the same spot in which case we can use the totem which doesn't need to move. its part of the mechanics of the game to make it a challenge and part of the game itself that is why... other wise it becomes a mindless one button press and you never have to think about it. its meant to be a conversation piece for the raid and also to change dynamics of a fight... this is true of many other buffs that are exactly the same. exceptions are the buffs that slightly very and will take highest value from each buff. it also allows for flexibility with the raid and classes them selves and make you choose whether or not you need that talent. its meant to be a choice of what do do and eliminate monotony of the game that the average player might not look into but could be analyzed in a raid for that purpose.