Frost Infusion Quest

I'm attempting the quest for the first time this week and after doing some research I'm still fuzzy on how most people are actually handling it. I'm looking for details here like when do you go to take the first frost breath, what CD's are you using and when, do you actually need frost resist gear, etc. Anyone that could explain in detail how they completed this would greatly help.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Frost Infusion Quest

To bad DK's dont have 4 cooldowns available to help you with this.

I haven't completed it but c'mon..is this a serious question?

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman
    To bad DK's dont have 4 cooldowns available to help you with this.

I haven't completed it but c'mon..is this a serious question?
    AMS+IBF+?+?

First Breath: AMS
    Second Breath: IBF
    Third Breath: AMS
    Fourth Breath: Ask for a healer CD like Pain Supression. Or just wait until AMS is up again and use it again. Since she does Frost Breath like a bajillion times during the fight.

Grats on completed quest

If you started off by using IBF on the last breath before the first air phase could you possibly have it up by the last breath on the next air phase? Then you could possibly pain suppression the 3rd instead of the 4th which would let one of your healers CD's come up faster. Also trying to figure out if slow debuff stacks each time you take a breath and how you deal with the death grip if so. I know you need to drop stacks off before taking a breath and stand past cleave range in the cone but is there any way to do any decent dps while attempting this? And last but not least.....Pieter if you haven't completed the quest gtfo troll.

15+ Year Old Account

Spec an unholy survivabilty spec and AMS, IBF, AMZ, AMS. That's why I did because I didn't care about my DPS for that attempt.

But you Should be able to IBF one, AMS 2nd, AMS 3rd, IBF 4th if you time it right. Get the first 2 in the first ground phase then wait until AMS is up again ( should be after air phase ) and AMS then IBF the last 2 before you push her into p2.

[e]: As for the pull in, best bet is to have an outside CD or have a Body and Soul bubble you. I'm not sure if HoF works for it, but if it does that would easily fix that. Or if you're doing the unholy spec, pick up Imp. UhP. If not, pop UhP right as you're flying and run like hell. I didn't find this part hard myself, but I'm an engineer so I just lollerskated out of it if I wasn't gonna make it.

Thanks Canuck much appreciated.

I as fury didn't have to even worry about cooldowns. Just stood a good 15 yards in front of her in defensive with a shield and took them. Didn't even shield wall, took me fairly low but never killed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Our Paladin never really took big enough hits for it to be noteworthy. I started off by using Intervene to take the Frost Breath hit for him, but after missing my timing a few times I realized how unnecessary it was. Could be different for other classes, for a DK however you have CDs and Frost Presence to use in order to deal with it better. Unless your taking them deep in phase 2 it shouldn't be too bad. Seen Fury Warriors take Frost Breath before, shouldn't be too harsh for a DK.

There are a few other options, I wore Frost resist gear instead of changing my spec just cause i had it in the bank.
    The slowing debuff isn't a really big issue as you shouldn't get more than 1 stack with well timed AMS use

Keep bone shield up, IBF the off one and get an external CD if you think you need it for the last.
    Pallys can also Hand of Freedom you to allow you to move at full speed during a pull-in if it becomes and issue.

GL with it

Our DK that did them wore full frost resist but then realized that it really wasn't needed. After the first one he wasn't even bothering with CD's for it since he had the resist gear on. I was healing at the time and honestly wouldn't have even noticed if I didn't know before hand he was doing it.

Was fun to laugh at him for spending the mats/gold to craft it for nothing though.

Also since 20% should be tomorrow it will make it even easier. He did it at 5%.

I did nothing special in all honesty when I did it. I wore my usual dps gear, walked in 2x before first air phase and ate 2 breaths. AMS one, IBF the other if you want to... you can even toss on frost presence if things are ugly. Rinse repeat for the last 2 breaths before 2nd air phase. My healers we actually a-holes and completely ignored the fact that I was on the quest, so I took a completely unmitigated blast for the last one, and even that didn't 1 shot me. Especially with the extra raid buff now, the only potential problem you SHOULD run into is your other raid members being retards in p3 and finding a way to get you killed.

You guys are awesome. Now if the rest of my raid can find a way to make up for me being 10% of the damage we'll be good

15+ Year Old Account

20% will be up tomorrow most likely, so yeah... you should be fine if you're doing it then

kriS411

Quote Originally Posted by Canuk
    20% will be up tomorrow most likely, so yeah... you should be fine if you're doing it then
    20% is up next week, not this week afaik

ontopic:
    spec doesn't matter, just pop a CD in the breath.
    it shouldn't kill you in decent gear

To be honest, get the 3 piece frost set, go frost presence, take the breaths, go back to blood, and continue dps'ing (That is after you have the infusion). But you will defiantly need a healer keeping an eye on you, even so with the 20% buff tomorrow it is quite trivial. It really is that simple for us. I did not take to big a hits. I used IBF, be careful, AMS can "Sometimes" bug the encounter. I had to repeat the following week due to this. After a very long argument with GM's, it "should" be fixed now. But this was a while ago anyway.

Death Knight news, guides, talent spec's and more. DK Hero
    Need to get out more? RC Helicopters
    Me: Armory

Don't forget that the 20% buff also offers +20% to absorbtion effects -> a discpriest bubble enoughs to minimize the damage, AMS+IBF should be used aswell, they are not necesserely needed though
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    The sim is correct, it isn't generally well known but war token really is a six thousand dps increase over deaths choice.