Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Sindragosa 10 HM - Resto druid necessary?

I haven't downed this fight on HM in fact I have only attempted it once, but it seems that this fight on HM is still not a dps race. The berserk timer is still 10 minutes. On normal mode we usually finish this fight with about 4 minutes left on the berserk timer. The hardest part about this fight isn't the healing - hell if it weren't for frost tombs in phase 2 (or 3 for those who count the air phase as an actual phase) this could be 1 healed on normal.

The major issue I have seen with this fight on HM is the fact that some people just don't grasp the concept of "You are damaging the raid with unchained - GTFO". Unchained when it goes off (backlash) with 8 stacks, hits everyone in a 20 yard radius for ~10k - that shit hurts a bit, whether you have a resto druid or not. If you have AVRE, you know how big that 20 yard circle is, if you don't I suggest you get the mod specifically so you can see how big this circle is. Another issue I have seen (and it is very apparent in the logs posted in this thread), that people don't understand the concept that frost tombs are not survivable unless you are a tank. They hit me for 200k in tree form. There is no "oops, I forgot to move - heal plz". Simple concepts are what kill people on this fight, not bad healers. If your healers need to all be pulling 5k HPS, that means you need to look at why the raid is taking 15k damage per second.

As far as hero goes? Phase 3 = win for hero. Sure you have more dps on the boss during phase 1, and have less air phases, but phase 3 with hero means those frost tombs will be taken down faster, not to mention shortening the phase due to more dps. Healing in this phase is very stressful, and the longer you are in this phase, the more taxed your healers are going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Whydrood
    I haven't downed this fight on HM in fact I have only attempted it once,
    maybe you should do some more attempts before speaking out of your butt about the encounter. If people are not moving out with unchained magic and still casting, thats just people being stupid. That shouldn't be killing anyone, because if it is, you have far greater problems ahead of you. Same with frost bombs, if you can't do frost bombs, then phase 3 is not going to go well at all.

Basically everyone has to be aware. Melee has to be aware of their Chilled to the bone stacks, and everyone has to know when to move to iceblocks. As said before in this thread, its about communication. Healers need to know who's staying out to heal, and tanks need to let healers know when they are taunting, or its game over.

Edit: Heroism in phase 3 will cause you to break iceblocks quicker, which will lead to not dropping stacks. It will also cause your melee to get a high number of chilled to the bone stacks, which they really do not need to have in phase 3, it'll just cause more healing to be done.
    It's okay, I'm just more evolved than the rest of you.

Most often kill this with Holy paladin/Resto shaman/Disc priest.

Pop lust on the ground phase after the first airphase, find it to cause more problems than it solves during the P3 section of the fight. Your biggest problem seems to be that you literally have the one ranged DPS who will always be chained. Whenever we kill this it we drop down to one melee (who keeps the IB's clear in P3) and the rest stay on boss, resetting as needed. Do you get your raid to equip frost res kit? With the buff you can easily afford all your DPS it be in one piece (generally the belt seems to work best for most), healers in two pieces and then tanks in 3 pieces, this will reduce the raid damage taken by a lot, and given the buff that is in place you shouldn't struggle at all for DPS.

To deal with having two healers out of the game (one blocked, one unchained), we turn the whole raid on that IB and get them free'd and just deal with the couple of extra stacks of Mystic Buffet (note that with 3 piece FR, your tanks can easily tank Sindy for the time it takes for another IB to form and the other tank to clear their stacks).

Also to ease the burden on the raid healer, have the holy paladin beacon themselves during P3, this allows the paladin to stand out and eat 10/11/12 stacks of Mystic Bufftet without issue and makes tank healing trivial.