Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Guardian of the Ancient Kings

Hey guys,

i was just wondering what all of the pallies here are expecting of the spell gained at level 85, the Guardian of the Ancient Kings. I'm expecting it to be pretty cool. but i hope that when you summon it, that it will make some kind of grand entrance like a amazing beam of light slowly popping up out of the sky, and then it slowly fades away and the guardian comes out of it. i also wonder how much healing/dmg/dmg absorption it will do and in how far it will scale with your gear. tell me what you guys think about it!

Deviand

Re: Guardian of the Ancient Kings

Quote Originally Posted by Kilidan
    Hey guys,

i was just wondering what all of the pallies here are expecting of the spell gained at level 85, the Guardian of the Ancient Kings. I'm expecting it to be pretty cool. but i hope that when you summon it, that it will make some kind of grand entrance like a amazing beam of light slowly popping up out of the sky, and then it slowly fades away and the guardian comes out of it. i also wonder how much healing/dmg/dmg absorption it will do and in how far it will scale with your gear. tell me what you guys think about it!
    I would think you want it come a tad bit faster...

I feel like it may just be a remodeled Val'kyr. So i dont really expect something Huge =/

I hope it bubble/hearths when it's duration is over. Pally-style ftw

There's already a trinket that does this (forget the name) and it used to make me laugh every time I used it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ciah
    This.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Deviand
    I would think you want it come a tad bit faster...
    True but atleast let it have something big.
    don't want it to just come out of nowhere and just appear.

i expect it to show up like the dk gargoyle. since they said they based it, in part, on the dk gargolye...
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Blizzard stated it will look similiar to the ressurection spell done by paladins in Warcraft 3.

Here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSZhHLkIfkc

EDIT: Honestly, I think its a cheap, re-hashed version of the Death Knights gargoyle, but hey, it'll be nice to have an extra cool down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciah

There's already a trinket that does this (forget the name) and it used to make me laugh every time I used it.
    [Argent War Horn]

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    I wish those were still obtainable :-\

i wasnt 70 during the zombie invasion >
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Minimach
    Honestly, I think its a cheap, re-hashed version of the Death Knights gargoyle, but hey, it'll be nice to have an extra cool down.
    wich is probably what we are going to get from the new ''talents'' and ''way to do dps''

10 bucks says it causes forbearance.

Like others have said, it's probably just a gargoyle imitator. But it'll be an AWESOME gargoyle imitator.

*shrug*

It's still unseen as to how it's played, I'm kinda excited for it though.

I really hope it adds some nice extra flavor for the class and their specs:

Obviously a nice DPS CD like wolves/gargoyle for ret, mitigation for Prot, and Aoe Healing for Holy.

My gut tells me this will be huge in PVP and minimal in PVE though.

Blizzard could've done much better by offering far more useful spells for Paladins.

Blinding Shield / Healing Hands / Guardian of the Ancient Kings. Sure, these are some pretty nice abilities which will be added In Cataclysm but definitely not the ones that will make you excited and pleased with It.

What GotAK does Is, depends on your specializition. If you're Holy specced, It will be healing the ones In your group who are most low on health. We all know that Ret one Is very similar to DK one. As for Protection Is, It will be absorbing the Incoming damage. Will probably based on Paladin's health In my opinion.

Nevertheless, time will show everything.

"I've sworn to protect the very Light where many Paladins failed to success..."
    "Not only my faith and holiness but also my courage will shield me from my enemies and the enemies of The Alliance!"

Justicar/Battlemaster Ertugrul

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin
    10 bucks says it causes forbearance.
    ^ That and also

The angel should look like Tyrael from Diablo

Quote Originally Posted by Ertugrul
    Blizzard could've done much better by offering far more useful spells for Paladins.

Blinding Shield / Healing Hands / Guardian of the Ancient Kings. Sure, these are some pretty nice abilities which will be added In Cataclysm but definitely not the ones that will make you excited and pleased with It.

What GotAK does Is, depends on your specializition. If you're Holy specced, It will be healing the ones In your group who are most low on health. We all know that Ret one Is very similar to DK one. As for Protection Is, It will be absorbing the Incoming damage. Will probably based on Paladin's health In my opinion.

Nevertheless, time will show everything.
    If you read forums, the majority of people of every spec/class are relatively underwhelmed by the new abilities. I think people are looking at what others are getting and thinking it's more potent than it is.

Keep in mind that paladins were the least finished of the previews. Whether these things will still be on the table come Beta, and what else will show by then/before release, all remains to be seen.

Yay. Savage Defense/Ancestral Awakening/Gargoyle on a 3 minute cooldown.

Color me enthused. :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    wich is probably what we are going to get from the new ''talents'' and ''way to do dps''
    You "Really love" taking things "Way too far out of context" without having "A clue"
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

we have no idea how this thing is gonna work or even what it does lets not speculate or talk about it, it's just gonan start a falem war and piss people off.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.