Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: I finally figured out why I don't like BGing on my Lock.

But it still procs Backdraft...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

Agreed with lots of peeps in here. Affliction is where it is at. I have done the destro and it was cool, it is def doable and can see some nice numbers. But affliction to me has much more survivability. Though I have been aff like 95% of the time as a lock so I am more familiar with it.
    [CENTER][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp]

"ok one down...get that druid....wait...the druid is dead??"

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bourdjire
    Agreed with lots of peeps in here. Affliction is where it is at. I have done the destro and it was cool, it is def doable and can see some nice numbers. But affliction to me has much more survivability. Though I have been aff like 95% of the time as a lock so I am more familiar with it.
    I LOL'd at your sig... nice!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

Destro is sssooooooooooooooooo much fun in BGs I don't even know how people can run it down so much

Sure you will get times when you'll get facerolled but it happens doesn't mean the spec is broken necessarily, just that in you vs 8 people fight your likely to lose.
    Destro it seems get alot of stick because people fail to understand some of the basics behind our class and the spec, for example you don't run in warrior style and start attacking your a ranged class use that to your advantage, kite them along and killing them as you do it, the second best piece of advice i can give is watch your cooldowns, dont just fire off randomly hoping it will kill something pick a target and drop them (also for melee shadowfury--> HoT is wonderful).

Yes you won't win all fights, no your Jesus or God on roller skates but this will make you a very competitive force to be reckoned with. The reason* (IMO) so many classes go for you is if they don't then they get hurt alot.

Personally I say you shouldn't give up on destro it can be a fun spec but it can take a little getting used to I think personally you've had a little taste of it and then disliked getting your toon's head punched in a few times it happens but don't give up imo. I can think of many times where I've been running around as pvp afflic and gone to myself "wow I really wish I was destro right now".

For a side note I believe afflic makes a "better" arena spec then destro but I think destro dominates BGs when played right.

And finally I also don't think you bashed your head into a wall, if your really don't like it then, OK fine your tried however if your only going nope, too hard, too much work** or w/e then I'd suggest maybe rerolling a hunter or something simple since a lock is not an easy path to walk either way.

*I also secretly believe Blizzard made rogues to counter us hard so people couldn't say we where unbeatable and that we had a "scissors" option to beat our "paper":P

**This includes learning the spec your playing and working for right gear for it etc.

I'm casually running some BGs in destro too. I tried affliction for a few times but I didn't really like it, because the only form of crowd control is fear (and horror if we consider death coill too) and therefore can be easily countered by every class, mostly by that classes/races that have designed abilities (see for example warrior's berserker rage and undead's will of the forsaken): I found myself deprived of my core spell almost every time, and died sadly thereafter.
    Instead, being destro you get not only fear/horror but also stun (sahdowfury) and daze (conflagrate with talent), and, I dare say, it is a bit more difficult to be countered in every one of those mechanics. I personally get pwned by warriors' bladestorm (portals meh) and rogues' suprise attacks (i.e. if they get the first strike on me), but there are a lot less problems when they have those abilities on cd.

Finally, I would like to point out that most of you considered that noone of the hypotetical 2/3 opponents you are meeting would break free from cc. Fear one, seduce another and stun the other one: ok, but it is almost impossibile that NOone of them is capable of dispelling any of those froms of cc. The logic conclusion is that you get kited really fast.
    But indeed, destro is not a spec that could be used to solo, even if most of the times my teammates are dead (yes, I play alliance...).

P.S.: seduction is on the same dr as fear.

15+ Year Old Account

A rogue is no match for a decent destro lock, esp if you use succy. Granted you need your trinket and will need a portal up, but if you have both you shouldn't lose. Same goes for a warrior and lawlstorm.

In BG's the most fun is destro imo, especially finding those nubs with 20k hp and 3 shotting them. Too many people ninja KB's when ur affliction and I honestly don't think you have better surviveability at all. You have more weapons to get space as destro with conflag daze and shadowfury stun. You may or may not do more overall damage, but you won't be leading the KB totals and to me thats the most fun :P i.e. waiting on conflag and popping it right before they are about to die lol.

When I first switched to aff I felt like I lost survivability. Basically it's just being comfortable and knowing how to play. Use ur succy in bg's. when there's more than 1 target, seduce 1, fear the other and blow him up in 3-4 gcds. Then, it's the 1v1 you wanted. Don't forget teleport, that's a huge help. U can also fel summon the void for the 10k shield. And you do still heal a lot as destro. Just stick with it, try some different strats, and eventually you'll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang
    Destruction is a nice spec to relax with on a battleground, but sooner or later, you'll just give up when your immolates get flawlessly dispelled. It's rather surprising that such a core component to the performance of a talent tree does not have dispel resistance. :-\
    Fearing first is usually enough protection against the dispel. Also, once that conflag lands, there's 2 more debuffs, plenty of time for an incinerate or two. (Unless it's a priest, but that's a whole nother story.)

I feel your pain, I play an Elemental Shaman, if I get silenced or spell locked I'm finished most of the time, even 1on1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone
    I feel your pain, I play an Elemental Shaman, if I get silenced or spell locked I'm finished most of the time, even 1on1.
    Ele shaman are fine in BGs...

I kinda felt the same, then I queued for WSG...

Hell, pvp on any class works, you just have to do it right.

Gonna link this one so I don't spam the page =p

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...rstHordeBG.jpg

One more thing, with affliction...watching healers dispel UAs is fun!

Look at what I did!

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...100/UAisOP.png

Warlocks don't have escape tools like other ranged classes do, it's just their weakness.

In BG's, you have to learn to make up for it by very consciously positioning yourself to not be targeted, or at least make it very difficult for your opponent by making them go through other teammates to get to you.

lol warlock struggling at PvP, low survivability?

some serious l2p issues there.

lol at oh ele shaman with wrathful gear +pocket disc priest, is good in a random BG, must be all skill 2 shotting nubs with no healers im sure. guess sad part is the nubs actually managed to kill u both

Quote Originally Posted by merlinsrobe
    lol warlock struggling at PvP, low survivability?

some serious l2p issues there.

lol at oh ele shaman with wrathful gear +pocket disc priest, is good in a random BG, must be all skill 2 shotting nubs with no healers im sure. guess sad part is the nubs actually managed to kill u both
    You don't have to be jealous.

And priests have this limited resource commonly referred to as mana, so chill out =p

PERSONALY i like destro in bg's it gives u the burst that everybody else has.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Rottenbeaver

i have 3k sp after fa and it helps. also having 1100 resiliance also is good.

i heavly use the succubus for destro. it is especially helpful against those melee.

my rotation is seduce / CoE Immoalte, Choas Bolt + Conflag combo, either fear em again or use shadowfury. then i seduce and start again.

i use fear / death coil as backups just incase they get out of hand.

1,000,000,000 Gighrz Quad Core Duo, over 9000 gigs of ram, on board gfx card

15+ Year Old Account

Some pve geared pala in EotS got hit by 14 300 when dispelling my UA yesterday :-[
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I don't enjoy Destruction as much as Affliction in BG settings. Affliction is much more fun & satisfying.

Practice laying down your circle in a practical place. Play the fight off in your head in mere milliseconds. I won't engage a warrior *example* without it down, it's much too valuable. Don't forget that teleporting will also shake all the movement impairing debuffs on you.

15+ Year Old Account

Also keep in mind that in places like AV a single warlock can wreck havoc on 4+ people assaulting a bunker/tower simply by playing smart and using teleport/pet mechanics like a complete badass.

R.I.P. YARG

I win BG's as destruction in full tier 10.

Rocket boots are great.
    IRL I'm a Pokemon master. I play WoW to escape from reality, it can be tough at times.
    -
    Life is like a box of chocolates... I'm a dog so it makes me sick.

Destro is fine in pvp atm. I managed to get 2k in 2's with my disc buddy, just for shits and giggles so funny.

Main points which have been said in this thread
    - Glyph of shadow flame is your friend and yes if u have a melee up your ass conflag just as a shadowflame is about to wear off for an additional 5sec slow and proc ur backdraft (why? because if the melee isnt a total tard he will kick ur immolate and if ur backlash is up its a >1sec cast time - i cast a fear 1st and let him kick that)

- Succubus if your struggling against rogue/warr but once u get enough resil fh is for the win especially against ret/dk. i love being deathgripped spamming devour for the chain which always follow while timing my shadowflame so i hit the ground running and they are the ones slowed. and i am free to nuke them or make them waste their strangulate cd while i can keep kiting them.

- !cast Shadowfury is an awesome macro that will let you mash shadowfury without it toggling on and off which can screw u over sometimes.
    - /cast fel dom /!cast pet is also an absolute must have so u can mash vw sac when ur stunned, this has won me so many arena matches

oh and if you do get caught without your portal down dont be scared to drop it, shadowflame strafe left and teleport holding strafe right to get some range, oh and if possible save deathcoil for an absolute last resort that is your ultimate trumph card, but u need to make sure they have trinketed, charged, death gripped feared is on cd.

Oh and to the ppl who are saying go afflic cause u get an instant aoe fear... shadowfury + howl gets you the same effect so yea.. lol. hope this helps here is my armory if u wana see spec ect http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...nmaw&cn=Cronix

*edit*
    oh and mouse over fear, cot, banish, and devour macros are a must if u want rape more against groups

- and if your immolate is getting dispelled shadowflame + corruption in give you 4 debuffs to dispell, your only dispell protection as desto is other debuffs.
    More pew pew less QQ