Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: The lowest/worst DPS class/spec

Of viable dps specs the lowest ones from my experience are, with BiS DPS numbers from EJ listed if available -

Both shaman dps specs are pretty low. (Enhancement : 12699)
    Kitty druids too.
    Chicken druids have gotten a lot better since the buff and while I don't think they're rock bottom I do agree that they aren't the absolute tastiest on dps either.
    As we move towards BiS gear Ret paladins also fall behind in the numbers game. (13780 with Shadowmourne)

People suggesting rogues/spriests must be on crack. And MM hunters sit at the top to the best of my knowledge with 15,054.

Playing as an elemental shaman I wouldnt say we are one of the lowest dps classes at all, We scale horribly yes, but if a player really grasps they can do good dps. Our guild takes 2-3 elementals every raid and the best in our guild is around 4th best dps with the other 2 sitting around 8-10 in the dps charts. Worst dps specs (within reason, not downright stupid specs for raiding with) are boomkin and demos.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ellissandra
    http://www.stratfu.com/kamigami/

change to whatever fight you want to look at
    This one seems to be most accurate.
    And for the worst dps, I go with shamans.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

now shall we not forgot that ehancement and ele shammys boomkin, whatever all classes bring thier special buff to the raid.

OT: ele shammy/ench

melee classes tend to always be the highest on the meters as for buff classes such as ele shaman and demon locks they tend to not be as strong.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Teron Gorefiend
    Or people are just bad playing them, i got a guild mate that is top 5 on most fights in ICC25 Heroic as an elemental shaman, there are fights that hes not that good.. but hes not in a competition with the tank either.
    When i think about shamans, i think of people with self pity, sometimes so much that they barely put any effort since "my class suck". I do not mean to generalise ofc and i know the class is not perfect, but thats the image most shamans show to the community.
    Then the most of your dpses suck hard, ele shaman is infact the worst dps spec from all competetive ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    rogues and mages on top of meters.. occasionally hunter ;D
    shamans and retardins are lowest on meters.. and warriors :-X

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedrunes
    Sadly it's generally Ele shamans and Boomkins, and the way under represented Demo Locks

Our boomkin is pushing 14k DPs and our ele shaman is around 12k.

People really gotta stop talk bullshit >.<

15+ Year Old Account

Holy priest

you seen one doing dps?
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.

Douglas Adams

It's not extensive by any means but wow dot com did a wonderful write up to generalize each dps spec in ICC. http://www.wow.com/2010/05/06/icc-dps-analysis-by-spec/

Whoever said spriests are at bottom should have their guild re-train/replace theirs. Spriests are the next highest DPS caster next to fire mages on most fights. Ele shamans are at the bottom, at near-max gear levels boomkins will also "get stuck" at their haste and crit caps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakram
    May I dare to ask what a survival priest is?
    Have you ever seen how insanely good survivability spriests have? They have close to tank melee-mitigation and way higher spell mitigation in combination with self-healing comparable to having 2-3 druid hots ticking on you at all times and THE best oh-shit button in game

It seems the slap druid is quite underpowered, hardly reaching 800 dps fully raidbuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by macke

Our boomkin is pushing 14k DPs and our ele shaman is around 12k.

People really gotta stop talk bullshit >.<
    Post the top 5 WOL showing this please. I'd love to see an ele shammy hit 12k and a boomkin hit 14k on a boss kill in ICC with any sort of consistancy. Lucky RNG once does not equal consistant viability.

While my Demonology Warlock will never be the top of the top, I'm glad Blizzard brought this spec up to par. A seriously fun spec to play now. So many tricks.
    It's also very easy to spot the difference between a good one and a bad one, therefore I can shine.
    Zizi - Amazo - Dessler - Vormondt.

Aszune - EU

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Highest atm is fire mages. Lowest probably Frost mages or BM hunters.

Well after playing ele shaman since T5 days in BC, and enhance since January, I agree that we are quite overlooked. It's going to get worst in cata though, if we still suck, because our totems look like they're going to become useless.
    I'm usually in top 5 in a tank n spank in ICC25 (saurfang) and can pull insane dps. Lich King normal 25 i get about 13k dps using magma and chain lightning, and usually about 3rd on the meter for first few phases. Nearly all gear is 264 except for my weapons which are 251 (damn weapons don't like dropping for me in 25 man...)

Luckily my mage hit 80 couple weeks ago, and is pulling retarded dps on boss fights in almost all triumph gear, with crafted 245 bracers and T10 shoulders and 251 staff.

15+ Year Old Account

My grandma playing her UD DK @ Unholy
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

It depends on the gear level, outright.

Boomkins, Ele shammys really do amazing dps fresh into 80 all the way up til fully T9 gear, and then you start to see a brick wall.

On more seriousness, Every class/spec can pull over 12k dps in BIS gear {assuming competitive specs here, no slap druids, or shockadins :P}. No one is saying that because they're the lowest dps of the competitive specs that they are bad, OR that they will have trouble outdpsing the tanks.

Keep in mind that simmed the highest dps {fire mage, Mut rogue} can break 16k fully raid buffed assuming no special conditions in a perfect scenario. No this doesn't always happen, but that's not the point. If this is about the lowest dps of every bis geared competitive dps spec, then Boomkin, Ret, Ele and Enh are generally the lowest. Are they *bad*? No. They all bring great buffs/debuffs to the raid. They are still simmed at the lowest dps in bis gear, and WoR drives the point home.

Just because you have an amazing Ele shammy in your raid top the dps means nothing. World scale > Server scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjer
    Post the top 5 WOL showing this please. I'd love to see an ele shammy hit 12k and a boomkin hit 14k on a boss kill in ICC with any sort of consistancy. Lucky RNG once does not equal consistant viability.
    Trololol Marrowgar
    Boomkin: http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...Balance_Druid/ first 15 pulling over 14k
    Elem shaman: http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...mental_Shaman/ first 136 pulling over 12k DPS

ok that many shamans pulling 12k+ just think out insanely geared they probly all are?

Press in dire situations http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/