Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Cata Will Hurt the WoW Playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusttoes
    I think when Cata hits, the playerbase will suffer a bit. Not only that but the main things we enjoy ingame will be improved only to an extent that we'll find feasible.

So the changes I think will come to the reconsideration of the staff and we will see a downturn in the players. We'll know for sure when the actual open beta hits but for now we speculate and only hope that is this not forthcoming..

I see no other outcome though :-\. I love WoW and play it.
    I don't see how.
    Majority of the players are casual so I doubt anything will change. If not, it may possibly pull back players who have already quit as well as newer players. And so what if the player-base drops by like a thousand or something? There will still be at least 12 million more players.

I seem to remember identical threads pre-TBC and pre-Wrath.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I think when Cata hits, the playerbase will suffer a bit. Not only that but the main things we enjoy ingame will be improved only to an extent that we'll find feasible.

So the changes I think will come to the reconsideration of the staff and we will see a downturn in the players. We'll know for sure when the actual open beta hits but for now we speculate and only hope that is this not forthcoming..

Trying so hard to use big words /tab back over from dictionary.com for a sec and re-read what you posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by ipresskeys View Post
    You just made me shit my pants..
    What a bunch of bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkfremin View Post
    Luckily, I never liked the guy that much, so his absence will not affect me in the slightest.

My guess is that WoW-playerbase is going to get higher then ever when Cataclysm hits. Why? Because this expansion is going to be the one "closest" to being Vanilla WoW. I've spoken about many features thats coming back, and that we're going back into the original lands of wow, and all my I-quitted-when-tbc-came-friends are coming back.

My guess is we're going to hit a new total subscribers record.

15+ Year Old Account

Oh yea, not to be forgotten. Cata will bring a boost to playerbase, might be just temp but ppl who got bored at Wrath will still play Cata again cos there are some major changes. If they stay well time will tell
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cowmookaze
    My guess is that WoW-playerbase is going to get higher then ever when Cataclysm hits. Why? Because this expansion is going to be the one "closest" to being Vanilla WoW. I've spoken about many features thats coming back, and that we're going back into the original lands of wow, and all my I-quitted-when-tbc-came-friends are coming back.

Ehrm what will come back except zones? Some pvp titles but I mean they dumped 40man, they want to make 10/25 equal (basicly 25man will suffer some). All classes are now the same within their nische etc etc. So apart from zones whats so Vanilla'ish?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Seeing as how myself and many other players say they are coming back for cataclysm, i'd say no. I can't wait for cataclysm. I think it is the best thing that is going to happen to WoW. (Obviously from a player point of view. Poor farmer Saldeen. :S)
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowmookaze
    I agree, and they're using all the stuff they learned about questing from BC and Wrath this time around, so those lower zones -should- be a lot better now.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

15+ Year Old Account

Wrong.

I am pretty much a retired raider after WotLK scattered my circle of friends that I raided with 5 days a week in Vanilla/TBC. Why did they scatter. 10 man and 25 man being separate lines of progression. infighting over 10 man drama because 25 divided by 2 =/= 10+10, 25 man offering substantially better gear, and 10 mans being relegated to filler gear and off night raiding. While I think all of my former group of friends would have preferred to stay together, and would have been happy 10 man raiding with friends as opposed to raiding with 9 friends and the other 15 required people you really don't like, Wrath didn't allow that because 10 man was never given the feasibility it was promised.

All the whining over 25 man raiding being killed in Cata and the casual catering is bunk. Wrath has killed as many guilds and broken up as many friends as I suspect Cata will put back together. If you are trying to tell me you can't name at least 1 guild on your server that broke up because a good group of 10 or 2 good groups of 10 were plowing through 10 mans on off nights gearing up faster than the 5+ others left out of those smaller groups on a regular basis, you probably just aren't paying attention.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

I don't know if it will greatly affect the playerbase... but I do know that leveling in STV will be 10x harder, flying mounts in Azeroth=gankfest.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    THE END IS NEAR!!!!

JK cata is gonna be great. But I want to clarify something for everyone before cata hits. ENTRY RAID IS ENTRY. Dont complain about easy mode t11, or I will find you.
    this, i was in shock of the abundance of retarded flaming coming from people on this site when wotlk first came out.

"ah ma gawd naxx is nothing like swp, wotlk fails brah im just going to quit dis game to ez mode for my 1337ness"
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Deleted

<Insert WoW expansion> will hurt playerbase.

I swear the same was said about TBC and WotLK as well. As well as Aion.

The only evidence in this thread is "I said so"

madness i say

you have given no reasons as to why you think the player base will hurt
    http://www.wowhead.com/profile=21379374

lol another herald of doom posting about the evils of the next expansion no offense but we see these threads every new expansion if you don't like it then just GTFO the bottom line is that the majority of people are hyped. Perhaps you should try joining the twilight hammer clan XD

Cool stories, bros.
    Meanwhile, in Finland...

10+ Year Old Account

Because even if they do lose...lets say 1 million players (really big number here) they still have at least uh....13 million player + thats, lemme do the math, 234 000 000$ a year at the minimum from just monthly fee. Personally i don't think Blizz would care that much lol.

Quote Originally Posted by phyrix
    Cataclysm will make WoW even more casual-friendly.

I think the playerbase will at the very least remain stable, if not, it will probably increase.
    They've already said a few things that counter that statement.

1. CC in five mans will be needed.

2. More raids at launch.

3. Glyphs and Path of the Titans and New Talent trees do away with cookie cutter specs.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

uhm

silly topic. people that have inactive accounts now. will most likely all re activate (or get free invites from blizzard and free trail downloads just like WOTLK). and try it.so the player pop will jump. +new races and all new zones. people want to see how it is.

i know i want to play in cata. but i know it will only be for a month ...that is if i waste money buying the game.

but we wont know how the game will really play out.... face it. PEOPLE ARE ADDICTED. if they are still playing wotlk... they will play anything haha.

cataclysm is kind of going back to the old stuff. re creating what was "only more cool and actually fulfilled zones" so the people who never played pre BC or even wrath. can go back n experience the fun....

more then likely it will be .... same old expansion floppyness.... but like i said

people play anything when they afraid of sunlight.

Gotta say, I think the player base will swell. You got any rational for the aforementioned loss of players?