Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Cata Will Hurt the WoW Playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotena
    So essentially this is speculation about speculation at this point. Informative.
    You stole my exact comment. Jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by phyrix
    Cataclysm will make WoW even more casual-friendly.

I think the playerbase will at the very least remain stable, if not, it will probably increase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelios Morningsun
    <Insert WoW expansion> will hurt playerbase.

I swear the same was said about TBC and WotLK as well. As well as Aion.
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay
    "..We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity.." - H.P. Lovecraft.
    Awesome Rave Blog ------> http://www.fuckyeahhumans.blogspot.com/ <------ Awesome Rave Blog
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...leigh/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Xelios Morningsun
    <Insert WoW expansion> will hurt playerbase.

I swear the same was said about TBC and WotLK as well. As well as Aion.

<WoWreams of chucknorris> will hurt playerbase

hurt alot of PLAYERS

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow
    They've already said a few things that counter that statement.
    1. CC in five mans will be needed.
    2. More raids at launch.
    3. Glyphs and Path of the Titans and New Talent trees do away with cookie cutter specs.
    What does this have to do with being less casual friendly?
    1. Casuals are too stupid to sheep, cyclone and sap a marked target?
    2. More raids at launch got nothing to do with it if they are tuned for casuals.
    3. They remove stats, simplifying gems/sockets so...
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Has it gotten to the point where anyone is like. "So you guys want to spend more time in dungeons? You want them to implant CC so that the trash takes more then bosses? Cant you all just get a life?" Really though... I dont think instances should take as long as some other people think they should.

Attitude is still the same as with every expansion. Complainers generally make up only a small percentage of ppl, most of whom wind up still playing.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Muradin Bronzebeard
    Attitude is still the same as with every expansion. Complainers generally make up only a small percentage of ppl, most of whom wind up still playing.
    so true
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by Muradin Bronzebeard
    That is way true!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mariokart
    You stole my exact comment. Jerk.
    Notice how little good it did, though? The mouth breathers steamrolled right over it. "Adur durrr dudrurrruduererr" is all that remains. We are doomed.

Of course it will.

A dragon's going to explode out from under the earth and send molten rocks and debris careening across the planet. There will be earthquakes! Tidal waves! Possibly locust swarms!

If the players didn't get hurt by that, I'd have to call into question the realism of this storyline!

Gearscore, aoe faceroll dungeon tanking, afk pvp honor farming did not hurt

People play and brainlessly enjoy all of it and still pay, cataclysm will be no different.

I must ask.. just what do many of you consider to be a 'noncasual' aspect of the game? So many quote the old days, but having been there myself, bosses really were not harder to beat back then. While we were still learning the game and didn't have 5 years of experience, along with others who numbercrunched for us, the actual game play wasn't harder. Is being 'hardcore' about the loot, these free epics everyone speaks of? It wasn't harder to get your good loot back then, the color was just different. t9 badge gear to t10, is akin to blues from the old dungeons going into the raids and their gear. Is 'hardcore' the definition of killing the same bosses, over, and over and over, never getting any harder, only spending more time, for a chance of loot that you've gathered points to win? I'm honestly confused.

I've played the majority of MMOs out there, and I've yet to find one that was actually 'harder' than WoW. Before you all go apeshite on that comment, I mean more difficult, not 'harder to play because of poor mechanics or balance'. Time spent does not equate to difficulty. A man who works for 10 hours a day watching bottles pass on a belt doesn't work harder than a man who does the same for 8 hours.

Stating that bringing the action back to Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms is "old and boring" is a fallacy. Characters created after the launch of WotLK saw (for the most part) very little of the Vanilla content due to how fast it became to level. It seems like a fine idea to let these people come back and experience the atmosphere of the first two continents.

Alright, someone needs to bust out the "Not this shit again" picture. The one that's black and white that looks like a guy from the 50's please.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

New lore- Lore nerds are happy
    New beginning quests- Lvlrs and chinese farmers are happy
    New races- Almost everyone is happy
    No more gay WotLK styled gear- PVP'rs and PVE's are happy
    A long over due simplification of stats- I for one am happy
    Talents that are not stat based (like 5% extra crit) and more based for cool spell effects- Hell yes
    Engineering gets cool again- OHH YEAH!
    Flying mounts in azeroth- uhmm... finally
    Spells scale with level instead of rank- LVL'rs are happy again
    No more SS/Mana for hunters and locks- damn straight

What more do you want? a BJ, a cookie, and 300 bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9
    I must ask.. just what do many of you consider to be a 'noncasual' aspect of the game? So many quote the old days, but having been there myself, bosses really were not harder to beat back then. While we were still learning the game and didn't have 5 years of experience, along with others who numbercrunched for us, the actual game play wasn't harder. Is being 'hardcore' about the loot, these free epics everyone speaks of? It wasn't harder to get your good loot back then, the color was just different. t9 badge gear to t10, is akin to blues from the old dungeons going into the raids and their gear. Is 'hardcore' the definition of killing the same bosses, over, and over and over, never getting any harder, only spending more time, for a chance of loot that you've gathered points to win? I'm honestly confused.

I've played the majority of MMOs out there, and I've yet to find one that was actually 'harder' than WoW. Before you all go apeshite on that comment, I mean more difficult, not 'harder to play because of poor mechanics or balance'. Time spent does not equate to difficulty. A man who works for 10 hours a day watching bottles pass on a belt doesn't work harder than a man who does the same for 8 hours.
    I gather "hardcore" means finding 39 other people to raid with, 10 of whom will be AFK until there's loot, 5 of whom will have some spec that isn't supported enough to make it viable, and 15 of whom won't show up with any degree of regularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahak
    I gather "hardcore" means finding 39 other people to raid with, 10 of whom will be AFK until there's loot, 5 of whom will have some spec that isn't supported enough to make it viable, and 15 of whom won't show up with any degree of regularity.
    And you will have to use /roll 1000 because 40/100 gives high probability of same numbers. Ohh yeah... and if you dont have a good comp those 40 people will be dick slapping your G-card.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusttoes
    I think when Cata hits, the playerbase will suffer a bit. Not only that but the main things we enjoy ingame will be improved only to an extent that we'll find feasible.

So the changes I think will come to the reconsideration of the staff and we will see a downturn in the players. We'll know for sure when the actual open beta hits but for now we speculate and only hope that is this not forthcoming..

I see no other outcome though :-\. I love WoW and play it.
    I had a good laugh. I almost believed the post to be coming from someone with poor English skills, but you didn't get me! Always nice to see a good troll. +1

I just feel bad that people have hijacked your post to try to have meaningful conversation.

15+ Year Old Account

Blizzard wants the amount of subscriptions to lower so they can cut costs on servers and have an easy starting market for their new MMO.

Proof: Scientology documents.

On a serious note, this is undeniable:
    Cataclysm's subscriber numbers well change by some amount, higher or lower, over a certain period from launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacegoatmeep View Post
    I have it on good authority that the Park needs to be as it currently is for the launch of Legion.

As part of the opening event Illidan flys down into Stormwind, points over towards the Park and says "You are not repaired!"

Honestly the amount of talk i see and hear about vanilla makes me wonder why, apart from the obvious nostalgia, anybody thinks the game was harder back then. a 40 man raid where basically what..15 people did anything worth mentioning? Can you imagine how faceroll it must have been if all 40 players pulled their weight?

Personally Cataclysm looks awesome but by no means does that mean that it WILL be awesome. As long as i have fun then thats what matters
    [21:24:13] [G] [80:Exeption]: i'm a warlock kinda harry potter myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    hes not that technologically advanced, all he needs is google and a right hand