Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Why can't I install WoW???

Quote Originally Posted by Adocul
    Suggestion: Uninstall everything you have done so far. Go to your battle.net page where you can manage your games. Select WoW:Wotlk and download the PC client / Mac client from there. You'll get a fresh install from there up to the current patch I think.

Last time I did this (within the last two months or so) was pretty quick took me less than two hours to install and download the game.
    I'm going to be trying this next thanks. I'll be back in a bit with the success haha.
    If a shaman tells you that he can't tank, he's just not doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Xombo
    I'm going to be trying this next thanks. I'll be back in a bit with the success haha.
    You might also want to remove WoW from your registry after uninstalling using the Registry Editor in windows, although I advise against it if you dont know how to use it.

EDIT: Also I hear you can install the wotlk disc and patch the rest and it should run fine, no need for the vanilla or bc discs.
    - I participated in the Legendary 22/02/11 EU internet Crash thread, also known as "The day EU trolled Blizzard" -

Quote Originally Posted by FirstRogue
    Im pretty sure u can throw your vanilla and BC discs away and just use the WOTLK cd to install the entire game then just download patches since 3.0
    Nah, el wrongo.

Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy
    Nah, el wrongo.
    Uh oh, well is it bad then that I started with the downloading of WotLK from battle.net then? I can't see the one from battle.net not including the older game files as well...it's 8-11 gigs which seems pretty big for a game with the graphics of WoW.

Fun Fact: This is my 3rd install now and I'm actually getting some music with my download screen this time woooo :P.

Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy
    Nah, el wrongo.

Blue Post: "- The WotLK DVD or downloaded installer will install all 3 versions of the game, and get you to version 3.0.1, original WoW, BC and WotLK"

Quote from here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...Id=15659710186

Many people are saying you can start with Wotlk
    - I participated in the Legendary 22/02/11 EU internet Crash thread, also known as "The day EU trolled Blizzard" -

This install seems wayyyyyyyy more complicated than it was when I first started 4 years ago haha.

....1.1MB/s??!! Looks like by the time this is done I'll be ready buy my copy of Cataclysm haha.

K so I, uninstalled WoW and then redownloaded it again (headed by the WotLK file) from the client on battle.net, and now it's trying to install patch 3.3 to no avail. It's once again getting stuck at 10% with my firewall deactivated and the UAC of Windows 7.

Again I'm left wondering if while downloading these patches, people encountered massive wait times for the download to even *begin* (0 bytes of 545MB) when "No Problems Detected" is displayed. I really

I. Just. Want. To. Play.

Ugh.

Just download the client from Blizzard. Thats what i always do and it works awesome. Installs the game from WotLK then I just run it when its done patch it ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan3002

Blue Post: "- The WotLK DVD or downloaded installer will install all 3 versions of the game, and get you to version 3.0.1, original WoW, BC and WotLK"

Quote from here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...Id=15659710186

Many people are saying you can start with Wotlk
    You can install the game from nothing-to-3.0 with the WotLK DVD alone. It doesn't mean you can buy just WotLK as a starter, as the code included is only an upgrade code.

If you already have an existing account you can get rid of your vanilla/BC discs (or just store them somewhere safe)

You can download patches manually from selected hosts, a list of which can be found on http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_mirrors.
    From those hosts I tend to select WoW-Patch.in, but any of them should be fine.
    Scroll down and start from the 3.3.0 patch (3.2.0 → 3.3.0 Incremental Patch), and download/install that one manually.
    You can let wow run the next patch manually and see, or just download each and every patch in the sequence near the top of the page and stick them on dvd or something so you can install them all offline. If so then cancel the blizzard downloader each time it tries to download them itself.
    Which is what I do now, since my connection is hardly the fastest and would take the best part of overnight to do a full install.

It can take a little while before a new patch appears on there, but usually no more than a day or so.
    Just make sure you select the correct language.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom
    Just download the client from Blizzard. Thats what i always do and it works awesome. Installs the game from WotLK then I just run it when its done patch it ready to go.
    Yeah, this is my initial install and I've downloaded the client from battle.net, but I'm stuck at this horrible Blizzard downloader getting zeros across the board on its "connection info."

I have no idea wtf is going on as my firewall is disable and should no be blcoking anything. Could this be something to do with router ports? I'd have no idea where to start as I'm on a univeristy internet provider...

I had this problem after I had to run a recovery disc to restore my system. I simply restarted my computer and then ran the program as admin and had every firewall/spyware protection disabled when I did this. It seemed to do the trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectro
    And what the mods are trying to say is not that every music is full of unicorns and sparkles and flying chewbaccas... they are trying to tell you that no matter what someone listens to you should respect their tastes
    Quote Originally Posted by Naux
    you're retarded...seriously I don't even think you're trolling it's that bad.

So, you said you've disabled your Mcafee's (or something) firewall?

Have you diisabled windows firewall?

Sometimes the Blizzard downloader just doesn't want to work, it seems.

Instead, take a look at http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_Mirrors and see if those work better.

Also, you said Vista, right? Make sure you manually disable the Windows Firewall. I've not worked with McAffee before, but security programs usually don't disable the Windows firewall, so you actually sometimes have 2 running at once and they can cause conflicts.
    -----+-- [Thaddius] ++++++++

Just because you are unique, does not mean you are right.
    Ðoser of Illidan

10+ Year Old Account

Off-topic, but, Xombo, your avatar is hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Faible
    So, you said you've disabled your Mcafee's (or something) firewall?

Have you diisabled windows firewall?
    Wait what? I had no idea vista/7 had their own firewalls...this is likely the problem. I was running Windows XP until about a month ago when I got my new laptop so it's still a new syste to me. I'm guessing I can find where and how to disable this alternate firewall in the security centre of the control panel somewhere....

edit: CRAP and I thought this was going to be the answer :'(. It says on the windows firewall that (and i quote) "these settings are being managed by the vendor application McAfee Personal Firewall."

WHAT'S GOING ONNNN...why is trying to install a game so hard?? This is just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Calon
    Off-topic, but, Xombo, your avatar is hilarious!
    One of my fav pics of all time :P.

K so I'm here now http://www.wow-patch.in/patch.php downloading all the 3.3.x patches (right...?) but I'm not all that comfortable doing it because I don't really have any idea if I'm supposed to download them all, or what to do and all that jazz. I always used to just disable my firewall come patch tuesdays, get the blizzard downloader going, and all would be well.

Is it just me or are Windows 7 security features more frustrating than anything seen in Windows Vista? This is so frustrating and rediculous. I've been at this or 6 hours now unsuccessfully and I still don't know if what I'm doing will be of any help...

I recommend you go find Sherlock Holmes and a big movie production company.

This is a great mystery we have here, but what twist will come next and how will it end? I will wait and see...

So I just downloaded the 3.2.0 -> 3.3.0 from that mirror website, turns out it was corrupted and didn't work. Do i know have to worry about something in my computer, or did it just straight up not work and it's back to the drawing board.

I'm really sorry for this thread guys, but people in the future may have this same problem...i dunno. Maybe Windows 7 is just as much of a pos as Vista..../cry.

10+ Year Old Account

Go to WoW's forums and read some similar problems or start a new thread about it. Blues will actually help you there.
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern