Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Making My Own MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Lusei
    I wish you the best of luck with it Crait and don't listen to the naysayers..
    Its a massive undertaking as you have my respect for that and I'd be happy to help in any way I possibly can.

Good luck!
    Thank you for the honest and nice reply.
    E-Mail: crait.is@gmail.com
    Trillian: thecrait
    AIM: thecrait
    MSN/WL: the_crait@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by crait
    @JRainey: I would love for your help. In the credits of the game, I will put people's names and usually, I will give them a lot of in-game perks. If you help out enough, I will make you a part of some kind of in-game moderation team. You would be getting plenty of stuff.
    Well I would expect it not to have end credits, as it's an MMO after all
    We shall see sire, we must talk more. Therefore I'll add you on skype!

For I want to hear your idea and see previous work, before I go helping you out brother!
    http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww163/Jaqerainey/raineynezmoth1.jpg

Not ending credits like a movie... My game, like most MMO's, won't have a definitive ending.

What do you plan to base it on, ive got alot of experience in the media industry and gaming industry.

There are games that range from say Runescape to WoW which different people like. The game needs to be different from them as they will be seen as just another crap game (not saying yours is) What sort of programming will you use for this, graphics, web based?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleming
    What do you plan to base it on, ive got alot of experience in the media industry and gaming industry.

There are games that range from say Runescape to WoW which different people like. The game needs to be different from them as they will be seen as just another crap game (not saying yours is) What sort of programming will you use for this, graphics, web based?
    No offense taken. I understand exactly what you're saying. I'm going to code my game in C and it'll be a standalone download. (I'll hopefully be able to code it so that Wine will be able to play it, too.) It won't be web-based, but you will be able to visit my site and manage some options and your account without downloading it again. The graphics will be similar to Zelda: A Link to the Past for the SNES except it will also have other parts of superior graphics. It's hard to explain but if you look at this, it'll make a little more sense: http://images.linkinpark.fr/news/trailer-lp-8bit.jpg
    The character and background and everything will have the old graphics feel, except it'll use some gradients, glows, and other techniques to add some new-age graphics into the game. I'll be doing most of the graphics myself. I'm pretty good with pixel-art. But, I have some other people that are going to help me when I get to that phase of the game.

I've got a lot of experience, too. If you Google my name, I'm sure you'll find dozens of programs and games that I've released.

If you could perhaps tell me the sorty line (PM if you dont want to see) I could come up with a few ideas as pretty much what I do 50% of the time is brainstorm the living day lights out of new projects, or any hints?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleming
    If you could perhaps tell me the sorty line (PM if you dont want to see) I could come up with a few ideas as pretty much what I do 50% of the time is brainstorm the living day lights out of new projects, or any hints?
    Well, the game is somewhat like Fable in the sense that you develop your own story-line-esk gameplay style.
    Basically, you start out with very low stats after creating and customizing your character. Eventually, you will level up the skills you think are most important and 'grow' into your own class. There are some unique ones, but there are also the stereotypical ones like mage, archer, fighter, etc. Along the way, you may choose to do quests. These quests will either make you more evil or good. Let's say you have a quest where you have to save someone's life. After completing it, your character will become more 'Good.' If you do one where you have to steal some potions or something, then you become more 'Evil.' Other things like attacking priests or donating money to charity will change this, too. There won't be any advantage of being evil compared to good or vice versa, but each will have their own perks. Also, staying neutral will not be worse for your player. You'll have just as much perks, you will just have different ones. Each of these events that you go through will open doors to other quests and other places and other things you can do. There will be multiple stories to go through and it's all about which one you want to do. Or if you don't want to do them, then that's okay, too.
    That's the gist of it. There are a lot of other customization options and abilities, but I don't want to get too in-depth in this thread.

I like the idea of this as I loved Fable 2 ill send you a PM with my email as this is very interesting and wouldnt mind being involved as I think the graphics you have decided on could do verywell based on the gameplay/storyline you are going for.

Thanks, Fleming. I'm very interested in getting a hold of you.
    Anyone else interested in getting their creativity out?

I'd love to help ;D

Quote Originally Posted by dezraj
    I'd love to help ;D
    I very appreciate it!

Sorry for the double post! :P
    Tell me what you guys think of the mock-up of my character!

x1 Zoom

X2 Zoom

will it be free? (jk)

Quote Originally Posted by skakruk
    will it be free? (jk)
    Of course!
    Eventually, though. I think I would like to get at least a little revenue from it to pay for server stuff... :P I'm thinking I will start off with a few little ads on the site but eventually have limited edition items and stuff that you can buy for extremely cheap. I think I will further go on to add some kind of currency that is extremely rare and you can only get by leveling up. Eventually, you can have enough of it to buy limited items. You'll be able to buy more of the currency with real money.. Again, I'm unsure if I will have special items to make you stronger or items just to make you look cooler.
    This process will be similar to how FishVille is set up. I know it's a little weird to have it set up similarly to a game about fish, but it works so I might use this idea.

You... you really are serious about it, arnt ya? Well good luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by skakruk
    You... you really are serious about it, arnt ya? Well good luck to you!
    Of crouse! I put a lot of hard work behind this project and I'm still no where close to being done.

I'm pretty interested in this actually. This is your website, yeah? http://ishisoft.com
    If so, I see pretty cool games in that mix. Would love to help, but I'm a Java programmer myself (not really an advanced one either :P)
    I'll be glad to test it though

Quote Originally Posted by Dak
    I'm pretty interested in this actually. This is your website, yeah? http://ishisoft.com
    If so, I see pretty cool games in that mix. Would love to help, but I'm a Java programmer myself (not really an advanced one either :P)
    I'll be glad to test it though
    Nope. :P Not my site. When I get to an alpha stage, I will need some alpha testers. I'll keep you in mind. :P

Quote Originally Posted by crait
    Nope. :P Not my site. When I get to an alpha stage, I will need some alpha testers. I'll keep you in mind. :P
    Oh Crait, my bad though it was Craig :P
    Still looking forward to it though

Oi lads.. All got to start somewhere... You cant expect him to start out making a game that will beat WoW or any other big game.. But maybe, if its good, he can get a job as programmer, and maybe contribute to a bigger game..
    Enhancement Shaman, Kalokagathós, Burning Steppes-EU
    Death is a gift, Life is just the paper wrapped around it.