Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: New Talented Bm ability

Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r
    Except no. Blizzard has repeatedly stated that they want to get all 3 specs as viable as possible for both pve and pvp, for all pure classes. It's difficult, but that's their goal. All 3 of these suggestions are bad, and here's why:

SV: Needs to remain raid viable because 1) people are familiar with the playstyle currently and many rather enjoy it. 2) As previously stated it needs to be raid viable, focusing on CC/traps gimps it a bit for most boss encounters

MM: 6.Removing the pet would make MM the ONLY viable raid spec. 7.Why would anyone ever bring a hunter with a pet to a raid if they didn't have to. For that matter 8.why would any serious hunter bring a pet if they didn't have to? 9.Raid leaders would rather do without the liability that a pet can be, and the min/max hunters would support this (after all, with no pet there's less to manage and you can focus on dps more). You think our current BM situation is bad? It would be nothing compared to this.

BM: Similar to the above MM reasoning, pets can be a liability, why would you want to double that? Also consider the actual mechanics; 1.Currently the game doesn't allow you to control more than 1 pet, ever. As a result, they would function like spirit wolves, and both be controlled by the same ai/action bar. MEANING they'd always be attacking the same target, standing together, etc. This means that whatever might kill 1 pet will likely kill both, so it does nothing to 2.improve pet survivability. Blizzard has also stated that the BM pet/hunter damage ratio should be about 35% pet/65% hunter (with 15%/85% for other specs). 3.They would want to maintain this so that when your pets die (and they will), you're not left completely gimped. 4.So now that becomes 35% shared between 2 pets, or about 17.5% each, only SLIGHTLY more than a MM/SV hunter's pet.

So what, the new BM 51 point should read "allows you to control 2 pets at once, but cuts each pet's damage in half"? In other words, it's purely cosmetic "OOHLOOKIHAZ2PETSLAWL". No thank you. 5.I'd rather have more actual interaction with my 1 pet as BM, not some gimmick that adds nothing to my play.
    although i dont agree with no pet for mm i do think i should point out why just about 75% of this is completely wrong.

1.Currently is a key word, blizzard could fix that, its not like whats in the game now is the only thing in the game.
    2.Have you ever heard of revive pet and improved revive pet? Makes you lose two steady shots to put it back up if it dies, im still wondering why people dont notice that
    3.Ummm.....look back at number two, reviving a pet in 3 seconds is not hard, also no it wont die, if you are a smart hutner you can dps while keeping your pet alive, and keeping your pet alive is extremely easy currently, if it only takes 5% damage from aoe (unless you are pvping), it wont die if you lrn2mendpet and if it does lrn2revivepet
    4.Who says it will, if blizzard learns that there are smart hunters who know what mend pet and revive pet are, then they can easily make it like this, 30% each pet 60/50 for huntern and pet, sure you might think 'But if yur pet die u lose all ur dps!', i'll be thinking 'This retard needs to learn what revive pet and mend pet do'.
    5.It wouldnt be cosmetic think of the fury warrior 51 point talent, maybe nerf the pets damage by 5%, but with two pets thats a 15% damage increase. However im not sure if i'd want 1 or 2 pets im just stating why those are silly arguements, oh yeah and this also might mean 2 call of the wilds which would be big.
    6.Really? I do not agree with no pets for marksman, but it would not be the only viable spec purely because you dont have to manage a pet, im sure they'd add something to mm to make it where you need to manage yourself or your focus, so instead of managing your pet you are basically managing something else.
    7.Because 85% of the hunters like their pets, feel like they are missing part of themselves as a class without them, and the only reason a hunter might use the spec if this happened is if either A.it was top dps by about 5-10%, B.They play a hunter because they just like banging mobs with a gun, or C.Both of the above.
    8.See 7
    9.Did you hear pets will give raid buffs?

Re: New Talented Bm ability

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz
    9.Did you hear pets will give raid buffs?
    Um.. can you link the blue post that says that they will? ^^;; So far, I haven't run into anything that says it's happening, and can only confirm that Blizz intends to give our pet slightly weaker versions of raid DEbuffs to cover potential holes in raid comps. No where have I seen official word that we are going to get any kind of raid buffs from pets. Even though it's fun to speculate, it's important to clarify what is confirmed and what is merely hoped/wished/imagined.

---------------

Please people, no more ideas about how to balance it for BM to get a 2nd static pet or MM ditching theirs..

There would really be no point to the dual-pets since we can only issue orders to one at a time and the 2nd pet's talents/abilities would likely have to be ignored by the system. There would have to be a major overhaul to the coding of the entire pet subsystem to address either of those issues, and doing so would be a bad business decision given the amount of time/resources that would have to go into making it work, the potential to opening up new bugs/glitches in seemingly unrelated areas of the program, the potential to break pet functionality for 1/2 of the classes in game, and that the change would basically only benefit a single talent spec of a single class that is not likely to even be considered as the most popular in the game.
    If they decide they want to give us a multi-pet ability for BM, then expect it to be similar to druid trees / shaman wolves, 3-5 of our active stable comes out and bites the hell out of the same target for a few sec. (Honestly, I really do like this idea myself, and think it could be used as an easily tweakable dps CD for BM.)

The only time my pet has been a liability in the last year was during the Valentines event while the seasonal boss was bugged -_-;; (For those who don't know, for a good chunk of the event, the AOE attacks from every mob in the fight were not flagged as "AOE damage" so pets took full damage and usually fell over dead by the time the ping hit yer comp.) During any group activity, my pets have only died when I told them to ^^ Pulling adds off healers/casters, taunting when tank goes down w/ boss @ 1%, etc. Mend Pet alone is generally enough to let your pet stand in the fire w/o fear of death, and my guild's healers tend to take care of our pets if they have the chance to do so anyway, so it would actually be more of a liability for MM to have no pet than the current state.
    Remember that no pet = no threat split w/ pet = MD may become part of your rotation every time it's off CD, just to keep you from snatching the boss from the tank.

-------

Rather unrelated to the above, but I am really hoping that Mend Pet gets a substantial buff come Cata. Maybe changed to heal a certain percentage of your pet's max hp per tick so that it actually scales with us rather than feeling kinda weak by endgame. Mend Pet alone should be enough to heal our pets through the incidental damage of any fight that our pet is not tanking, unless Blizz is nice enough to finally give us our T5 2pc bonus as a talent/ability. >.>;; That would be even nicer XD