Poll: From the DJ Mag top 10, who do you consider best?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

WoW's DJ Mag top 10.

Just wondering what the WoW community feels like on this part.

For me it would be a real tight fit between Tiesto and Deadmau5, I've seen them both live and both were ama-a-a-azing.

Did Tiesto though. His style and recent new hits all attract me and so far he's always been awesome live.

Who did you vote and why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysera
    Making dreams 'enjoyable' since 10.000 B.N.
    Ysera fanclub. <3

Re: WoW's DJ Mag top 10.

Above and Beyond for me as they cater more towards my individual taste.

Out of these, AvB. Hands down the most influential person in EDM.

But Laidback Luke is #1 in my book. Dude puts on the best live set I've ever seen. If you were at Nocturnal you know what I'm talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Please, please, please... do some research into electronic music... This list is like a pile of shit! Deadmau5 did 'Not Exactly', which blows everything else he's ever done away by miles.

Trance (closely followed by hardstyle and hardcore) is the worst form of electronic music ever done. Not being funny, but anything so many people 'love' can't be right. Look at pop music, for example. Something you don't need to think about = bad.

I'm not meaning to put people down, just look into things a little; there's a lot more to music than the stuff that's slapped across your face and forced down your throat on a daily basis.
    Take a look into some techno/minimal. Richie Hawtin is a musical God. Head over to Berlin and see what's going on. Check some German record labels and clubs. Watergate in Berlin is one of the most mind-blowing things in the World. I was lucky enough to see Philip Bader and Format:B a couple of years ago and walked out of the place speechless! Last year I saw M.A.N.D.Y. there and couldn't believe what I was hearing... totally unreal sounds crisp and clear and beautiful enough to melt minds.
    Magda can create the most perfect mixes without trying... something about her is just amazing. Seen her live a few times, and every time is better than the last! First time was in DC10 back to back with Dinky, followed by Ricardo Villalobos and Richie Hawtin back to back. One of the pinnacle times of my adult life.

I could go on and on, but all I want to say is dig a little deeper and reap the rewards

DJ mag is nice, but it's charts are rediculous and the review are often misleading. I love it how 99% of the 'trance' and 'hardcore' sections are 5stars :P Can everything in the genre be so good? Doubt it...

Open your ears; open your mind.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsin
    Please, please, please... do some research into electronic music... This list is like a pile of shit! Deadmau5 did 'Not Exactly', which blows everything else he's ever done away by miles.
    What's there to research? This is a poll of wich DJ you like best. Nothing tor esearch about what you like best.

Trance (closely followed by hardstyle and hardcore) is the worst form of electronic music ever done. Not being funny, but anything so many people 'love' can't be right. Look at pop music, for example. Something you don't need to think about = bad.
    So because many people love it, it's bad?

I'm not meaning to put people down, just look into things a little; there's a lot more to music than the stuff that's slapped across your face and forced down your throat on a daily basis.
    Take a look into some techno/minimal. Richie Hawtin is a musical God. Head over to Berlin and see what's going on.
    heard him twice, liked him once. Live. Hardly a God in my books.

Check some German ...
    *snip*
    ...times of my adult life.
    I don't give a shit. This has nothing to do with the poll.

I could go on and on, but all I want to say is dig a little deeper and reap the rewards
    Been there, done that. I like Tiesto, I'm getting myself a ticket to next years Ultra Music Festival mainly because of him.
    DJ mag is nice, but it's charts are rediculous and the review are often misleading. I love it how 99% of the 'trance' and 'hardcore' sections are 5stars :P Can everything in the genre be so good? Doubt it...
    Obviously it can, now stop QQ'ing in my thread.
    Open your ears; open your mind.
    Are you some kind of maniacal, self proclaimed music Guru?

People have their own taste, and shitloads of people are well in their 20's and should know what they truely like. They're also the biggest basis for DJ Mag's and artists as Armin van Buuren.

Now go back to your cell, you just wasted 10 minutes of my life replying to this utter bullshit that has nothing to do with the thread.
    Ysera fanclub. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Gallador
    So because many people love it, it's bad?
    Obviously his opinion = fact.

Someone voted Guetta? Really?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by blargh312
    Obviously his opinion = fact.

Someone voted Guetta? Really?
    Guetta is good when you see him live. He really manages to get things going.

He was really great with the FMIF party at Pacha (2008).
    Ysera fanclub. <3

Guetta is good when you see him live. He really manages to get things going.

He was really great with the FMIF party at Pacha (2008).
    Saw him at TAO this past year. Definitely my least favorite set of the night. John Digweed and Schulz were sick though.

I heard Digweed even tried to give Guetta one of his mixes he brought but didn't use that night because Guetta's set was crap. Not sure if it's true or not, but it's believable. Guetta's just way too poppy.

But it's a pole about DJ's who're shit... that was my point. I might start a pole asking what's best; bad, bad, bad, bad?
    I was saying that things that get on daytime radio are shit.

I wasn't trying to make you cry, so I'll reimburse you for the Kleenex you used.

I'm a DJ and producer and have been since I was about 13. I've been listening to music and trying to find the best in every genre since as long as I can remember. Not blowing my own trumpet (no pun intended) but I really do feel that I know a lot more about music than most people.
    I'm not trying to shatter your clouded dream, just guide some people towards better things, because there's so much more to music than more people believe. "what's there to research?" has blown my mind, so I can see you're superglued to your CD collection like a wineo to a bottle.

And for the record; yes, if so many people like it; they're doing something wrong. And I really hope that wasn't saying you like Hardstyle.

And I wasn't replying to YOU; I was adding to the discussion.

Taste in music is subjective. You can't honestly just say an entire genre is "bad", especially one as universally loved as trance. You may not like it, but your opinion of a genre is not the end-all, be-all in regards to whether it's good or not. I listen to all kinds of EDM, from dubstep to prog house, minimal to trance. And I like a wide variety of it, so don't tell me I'm being closed-minded. If anything, you're the one too "glue to your CD collection" to realize that there are people out there who enjoy different things than you.

You can keep being a stuck up hipster who shuns the mainstream and preaches from his soapbox about how he "knows more about music than most people", or you can accept the fact that you don't know any more than anyone else.

Nah, mate; you got me all wrong... my musical collection is the most diverse I know of, seriously, and I give anything a try and an honest oppinion. Prog-trance has some gems involved, but I'm yet to hear some 'trance' that phases me. A friend of mine supported Tiesto a couple of years ago, so I got in for free. I honestly couldn't wait to get the fuck outta there. At the side of everything I choose to listen to it just sounds weak and thrown together with almost every track sounding like a remix of the last.

I'm not saying the mainstream is shit; but 90% of it is.

As you're into dubstep; check this track I stumbled across not too long ago. One of the most powerful sounds I've heard in the genre; Datsik - 'Retreat'.

I'm not trying to make enemies here, so chill the agro please. I'm not a tank.

Taste in music is subjective. You can't honestly just say an entire genre is "bad", especially one as universally loved as trance. You may not like it, but your opinion of a genre is not the end-all, be-all in regards to whether it's good or not. I listen to all kinds of EDM, from dubstep to prog house, minimal to trance. And I like a wide variety of it, so don't tell me I'm being closed-minded. If anything, you're the one too "glue to your CD collection" to realize that there are people out there who enjoy different things than you.

You can keep being a stuck up hipster who shuns the mainstream and preaches from his soapbox about how he "knows more about music than most people", or you can accept the fact that you don't know any more than anyone else.
    Amen.

From the list, I like Above and Beyond.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Nah, mate; you got me all wrong... my musical collection is the most diverse I know of, seriously, and I give anything a try and an honest oppinion. Prog-trance has some gems involved, but I'm yet to hear some 'trance' that phases me. A friend of mine supported Tiesto a couple of years ago, so I got in for free. I honestly couldn't wait to get the fuck outta there. At the side of everything I choose to listen to it just sounds weak and thrown together with almost every track sounding like a remix of the last.

I'm not saying the mainstream is shit; but 90% of it is.

As you're into dubstep; check this track I stumbled across not too long ago. One of the most powerful sounds I've heard in the genre; Datsik - 'Retreat'.

I bolded, underlined, and italicized the part where it all goes wrong.

It's you who thinks that. But others may like it.

And you're not adding anything to the discussion, you're telling others what music is bad and what they shouldn't like.

Show you know nothing of music.

Saw him at TAO this past year. Definitely my least favorite set of the night. John Digweed and Schulz were sick though.

I heard Digweed even tried to give Guetta one of his mixes he brought but didn't use that night because Guetta's set was crap. Not sure if it's true or not, but it's believable. Guetta's just way too poppy.
    Could be, but he changed a lot in the years after FMIF, perhaps he has gotten worse. Though back in 2008, it was awesome. He really rocked the floor then. Haven't seen him since to be very honest.
    Ysera fanclub. <3

You're misunderstanding what I'm saying, and missing my point, matey... I'm trying to say look a little deeper and you'll find things better than what you're currently listening to.

Oh yeah, I know all about Datsik. One of my favorite dubstep artists out there. If you're into Datsik, check out this track with him and Excision: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2gMVmrFP30

And I was a little harsh, but only because you came off as a pretentious douchebag in that post. I mean honestly, what kind of person says they know more about music than most people?

Could be, but he changed a lot in the years after FMIF, perhaps he has gotten worse. Though back in 2008, it was awesome. He really rocked the floor then. Haven't seen him since to be very honest.
    Yeah, that could be. I've heard his earlier (pre-Pop Life) stuff is better, but I've never been intrigued enough to check it out. He is a good entertainer, I'll give him credit for that. I just don't think he's a good DJ.

1) Armin van Buuren
    2) Above & Beyond
    3) Sander van Doorn
    4) Paul van Dyk
    5) Garreth Emery

All of my top 5 here are amazing IMO, but I'd rate them as such.

“Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.”
    Please check out My Mixes

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

You're misunderstanding what I'm saying, and missing my point, matey... I'm trying to say look a little deeper and you'll find things better than what you're currently listening to.

And why would you think I haven't already done that?

What makes you think I'd value those things better then what I value now?

I've been all around the globe, visited the greatest party ecocenters, the greatest music festivals, been to the greatest Jazzclubs, and even visited (arguably) one of the greatest classical artists in todays world. I know what I like, and I don't stay in a certain genre. I listen to what I like. I don't think about it, I just let it take me.

And that's where you are wrong in my opinion. Music isn't be thought over, msuic is there to be listened. And nothing more. If it comforts you, relaxes you, hypes you up, or brings you in any other state wich you think is enjoyable, it's good music for you.

And that why I like most Trance music more then others. Because when I listen to that music it takes me into a more enjoyable state of being.
    Ysera fanclub. <3

Oh yeah, I know all about Datsik. One of my favorite dubstep artists out there. If you're into Datsik, check out this track with him and Excision: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2gMVmrFP30

And I was a little harsh, but only because you came off as a pretentious douchebag in that post. I mean honestly, what kind of person says they know more about music than most people?
    Music is and always has been the biggest thing in my life, and I know that most people 'listen to' music because it fills a void in an otherwise quiet room and then they find themselves mindlessly buying shit records because they've been subjected to them too much.

Yea, Datsik and Excision do a lot of work together and most is fuckin amazing! They miss a few times though, imo... Like they're trying too much to make a different sound and forget about the quality.
    Heard any Gaslamp Killer? Check some of the live footage... badass! His own work is a little off the mark, though. Check http://92bpm.com

Anyways like I said; I'm not here to make enemies, I've just like people to see for themselves rather than someone telling them what they should like.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

I don't get it though, why is the view/vote ratio here so low? It's way higher in the other boards...
    Ysera fanclub. <3