Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Dalaran in Catalysm?

i can't stand LAGaran. i try to avoid it like the plague. too laggy, no where else in the game is laggy for me, so it's not just my computer that's the problem. not other zones or cities lag for me like Lagaran.
    so it'd be happy if in Cata, Lagaran crashes down to the ground below. but that's not going to happen. northrend will remained pretty much untouched

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie
    That's a good theory but you cant really make a instance just from attacking archimonde while he destroys dalaran, that would be a lorelol as he has to do it as most wotlk events would not happen.

Like Jaina and Bran talking to Rhonin about Yogg-saron.

Stalling Scourge attack upon Dalaran/Aiding Scourge attack Dalaran maybe?

10+ Year Old Account

That's a good theory but you cant really make a instance just from attacking archimonde while he destroys dalaran, that would be a lorelol as he has to do it as most wotlk events would not happen.

Like Jaina and Bran talking to Rhonin about Yogg-saron.
    Who says we have to be on the Kirin Tor side ;D
    We could be transformed into demons and hold off the army of the Kirin Tor untill Kel'thuzad has finished summoning Archimonde.

The pic specifically mentions while still in Alterac Mountains, wich makes me believe this was dalaran before it was destroyed by Archimonde.
    Why is the shield generator always outside the shield?

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy181
    You're claiming the Bronze Drakes wouldn't tell us to help ensure Archimonde destroys the city? We've been sent back to make sure Arthas continues down the path to becoming the Lich King, the Bronze Drakes simply want history to stay the same. You can make a CoT dungeon/raid out of just about anything.

Dalaran is staying in Northrend.
    Simple answer, they phase dalaran so its there while you level in Northrend and after northrend in cata content its back in Alterac.

Because the threat of the blue dragonflight is gone, and scourge are being maintained.

will be a dead city - same as shat was this expansion - we will get new portals in our normal capital cities

Quote Originally Posted by dynamo

I mean if they shoved a AH in dalaran tomorrow, who would use any of the other cities?
    Dalaran has had an AH for a while.. for engineers

10+ Year Old Account

Simple answer, they phase dalaran so its there while you level in Northrend and after northrend in cata content its back in Alterac.
    That we would mean the Northrend version of Dalaran would have to dissapear and to be honest I don't see the point in having a neutral city in the Alterac Mountains.

Shatt had this. and who hangs around shatt at level 80.

I would imagine "yes" dalaran would become pointless in Catalysm, depending where they set the main city around I.E centre point for most the raid instances.

I mean if they shoved a AH in dalaran tomorrow, who would use any of the other cities?
    I'm an engineer. I never go to any other capital. Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Augury View Post
    I see you trollin
    round town with that class i love
    and im like haiku

Because the threat of the blue dragonflight is gone, and scourge are being maintained.
    But you are still completely ignoring the quote from Bornakk which states they have no plans on moving it.

Quote Originally Posted by deathleach
    That we would mean the Northrend version of Dalaran would have to dissapear and to be honest I don't see the point in having a neutral city in the Alterac Mountains.
    A quest hub for new levellers instead of the boring, kill bla bla farmers, kill bla bla yetis.

Quote Originally Posted by kieble
    No there isn't?
    yep there is to the left of the dude on the carpet who wants ur frozen orbs

Brassbolt Mechawrench <Steam-Powered Auctioneer>

Quote Originally Posted by Suture
    But you are still completely ignoring the quote from Bornakk which states they have no plans on moving it.
    Well blues are not 100% right at all times, they wouldnt show a picture of dalaran at blizzcon and then have a employee say "We have no current plans on moving it"

10+ Year Old Account

As an Engineer, I use the AH in Dalaran. I still visit SW, it's the quickest way to get to Kara!

I say CoT:

wowwiki:
    During the Second War, Dalaran entered the Alliance of Lordaeron in order to help fight the invading Horde. After the war, Teron Gorefiend and his Death Knights, aided by <b>Deathwing</b>, were able to succcessfully enter Dalaran's Arcane vault and steal the Eye of Dalaran from it.

Here a quick copy and paste from the wowiki of dalaran in the blizzcon preview.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...anblizzcon.jpg
    Maybe an instance.
    Caverns of time ftw.

Well blues are not 100% right at all times, they wouldnt show a picture of dalaran at blizzcon and then have a employee say "We have no current plans on moving it"
    The picture is from Blizzcon 2008 as part of a panel on city building. Cataclysm was not announced until the 2009 Blizzcon.

Edit: Also, I highly doubt a Dala themed CoT is high on their list for possible CoT Dungeons since they just did Culling of Stratholme.

The picture doesn't prove anything. I personally think that it would make more sense if they made the new Caverns of Time instance into one where you are helping KT and Arch destroy Dalaran. Just my idea though, and it makes sense with the picture and the comment from the blues since they aren't technically "moving" Dalaran. They're just replicating it for a CoT instance.

10+ Year Old Account

The pic mentions that it is OLD Dalaran while STILL in Alterac Mountains. This means they have shown us a pic from Dalaran in the past and not in the future.

A quest hub for new levellers instead of the boring, kill bla bla farmers, kill bla bla yetis.
    If it was to go back after Northrend to be a quest hub it had to be in a high level zone and not a low level zone such as Alterac Mountains for it to have a purpose.

Deleted

many rumors if Dalaran will still be in Northrend...
    since it was orginally in Alteric Mountains or wherever..
    people think it will somehow be moved back there

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Everand
    many rumors if Dalaran will still be in Northrend...
    since it was orginally in Alteric Mountains or wherever..
    people think it will somehow be moved back there
    you resume all the thread pretty well.
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......