Thread: Resto Druids

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Resto Druids

Is it me, or are Resto Druids the Most OP class in the game?
    was just in a warsong gulch, the druid picked up the flag as about 7 people were respawning, we all attacked him and he stoll managed to get away.
    seems to me all the resto druid do is use cyclone and then 1 shot heal themselves to full, i play pvp on a mage and a paladin and it really is impossible to kill them, seems that its inbalanced
    i really hope when cata comes around that resto druids are nerfed to the ground, its just not Fun pvping anymore when theres 1 druid who can survive a whole team attacking him.

there immune to pretty much All CC except banish, and even then they prolly trinket out of it, if you have any advice on how to kill these Mo fo's ill be happy to listen

Re: Resto Druids

you had 7 ppl, and no one thought about stunning or fearing him? Cmon, it's not he who's OP, it's you who freaking suck.

10+ Year Old Account

i was playing my pally and stunning him to fuck, but it makes no diffrence at all, fears are no problem either when his HOTS keep him through it, then once we cant stun / slow him anymore he can faceroll his way to victory.

I hope you're just trolling...

As a mage, you have a good chance of beating a resto druid, especially with help from other people as long as you're not extremely outgeared. Just save your burst. When he's at 50% hp, that is when you throw your shatters, DF, brain freeze, rocket glove, counterspell at him.

As a resto druid, there is no way you can survive 7 people to 1.. no way.. unless those 7 people really suck or 6 of them are bots. We have some nice survivability but not that nice.

10+ Year Old Account

i can kill them if i get a counterspell in and get lucky with procs, but i play my paladin in pvp more, and i find it actually impossible to kill them.

i only know what i was doing to him, didnt see what others were doing, i just stun them and get the slow on them straight away so they cant speed form away.

i did say about 7, dosent mean exactly that number.

Quote Originally Posted by gollie
    you had 7 ppl, and no one thought about stunning or fearing him? Cmon, it's not he who's OP, it's you who freaking suck.
    The only reason I answer this thread is cause of this retarded answer..

All the healers ingame got something to protect them. priests got shield, pala got freedom and bubble, shammy got the totems and druids got... hots... loads of hots.

So what I am saying is that resto druids is almost the only class that can survive being full nuked just by hotting and healing themself.

Im playing a full wrath Dk and still having issues with good restodruids. You gotta full gcd him to get him down.

But ofc, players in a bg isnt cooperating about the kills, so they might seem abit more op then they really are.

But again, they are a EXTREMLY strong healing class no mater what

Ps, as a mage, if you want to "pwn" him as you pwn warrs as frost mage, you will have to outgear the resto druid by miles

-Six

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470
    there immune to pretty much All CC except banish, and even then they prolly trinket out of it
    Umm, only cc they're immune is sheep and they can get rid of roots. And even 3 somewhat geared/skilled dps'ers should get a resto druid killed with a little cc. But depending of the classes and specs killing the resto druid, he might be able to kite forever, like in 2v2 arena.

Quote Originally Posted by sixdeath
    The only reason I answer this thread is cause of this retarded answer..

All the healers ingame got something to protect them. priests got shield, pala got freedom and bubble, shammy got the totems and druids got... hots... loads of hots.

So what I am saying is that resto druids is almost the only class that can survive being full nuked just by hotting and healing themself.

Im playing a full wrath Dk and still having issues with good restodruids. You gotta full gcd him to get him down.

But ofc, players in a bg isnt cooperating about the kills, so they might seem abit more op then they really are.

But again, they are a EXTREMLY strong healing class no mater what

Ps, as a mage, if you want to "pwn" him as you pwn warrs as frost mage, you will have to outgear the resto druid by miles

-Six

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...eNo=2&sid=1#21

... posting this again, to remind all of you who are thinking a single dps has all the rights to beat a healer one on one, of what blizz thinks about that situation.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

there immune to pretty much All CC except banish, and even then they prolly trinket out of it, if you have any advice on how to kill these Mo fo's ill be happy to listen
    A smart druid wont stay in tree form if you try to banish him. :P

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

I play a resto druid myself, and can I just say, yes we have HoTs, thats our speciality. Out of all the things I hate the most... its when other people dispell/purge away my hots.

If you lot were smart enough, removing hots, CC'ing etc would of worked fine. Btw, we are not immune to lots of CC's, only polymorph when we are in any form.

And yes, Mages don't really stand a chance of nuking down a Tree unless your gear is good. As even with my Furious/Relentless/Some Wrathful PvP gear, classes can still nuke me down fast when I have ALL my HoTs ticking away.
    "I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu
    Umm, only cc they're immune is sheep and they can get rid of roots. And even 3 somewhat geared/skilled dps'ers should get a resto druid killed with a little cc. But depending of the classes and specs killing the resto druid, he might be able to kite forever, like in 2v2 arena.
    They're also immune to Sap, Repentance, Hex and Succubus' Seduction while in tree form. Also, since they can shift to travel form, they can easily get away from someone that, for example, wants to AoE fear them.

That leaves pretty much: Stun, cyclone, fear, freezing trap, scatter shot and blind.

CC doesn't really include silence / interupts. But because of the way druids heal (with a lot of instant HoTs), they're not as weak to those 2 as most (if not all) other healers are.

10+ Year Old Account

was just in a warsong gulch, the druid picked up the flag as about 7 people were respawning, we all attacked him and he stoll managed to get away.
    It's just you. It'll be a snowy brisk winter morning in hell before about 7 ppl can't take down one resto druid. I'm going to go out on a limb here and take a couple of guesses. There were 7 of you respawning but in reality only about < 3 of you were actually hitting him? He was fully hotted up before you actually hit him? You were not CCing him sufficiently to close the gap? He out-geared you by a stretch? No-one was dispelling/cleansing? Did he pop a http://www.wowhead.com/item=5634 ?

Sure druids have excellent escape mechanisms and some classes are gonna have a tougher time than others which might
    leave them feeling underpowered in 1v1 but about 7 to 1. No way.

if you are having issues taking down a Resto druid, some things to keep in mind is that they should be mana burned and purged, particularly the latter. if you can successfully keep their hots off, then they can really only heal with nourish or regrowth, which can be interrupted. then chain stun/fear the druid and burn him down. however, i do notice that there are many occasions where the opposing team doesn't bother to mana burn or purge me, and i can avoid being stunned with a judicious use of potions.

if they innervate, then cyclone or purge them.

i play a resto druid in pvp, and while some classes seem to have a more difficult time killing me than other classes, there is no way i can survive 7 decent players trying to kill me if i am not being helped, even while playing intelligently and sitting at 1300 resil.

the way i try to escape being ganked by a group is to 1) pre-hot, 2) pop http://www.wowhead.com/item=5634, 3) go kitty and dash, 4) burn Barkskin and Nature's Grasp. If something goes wrong, i still have my trinket to burn. Dks can mess this up by gripping me back, and some other classes' abilities can counter or mess me up, but more often than not this line up gives me a good chance at survival, assuming help arrives. also, if i am not a flag carrier, i will shadowmeld pets off me, which will give me a few seconds to recover as the pets will have to be redirected back. Another option if the opposing faction is far enough away from me is to use http://www.wowhead.com/item=2459 instead of #2 above. this will give me extra distance while still saving Dash.

i also keep a stock of http://www.wowhead.com/item=20008 on me at all times. this is mostly to counter rogues because they try to land a second CC and fail. this pot gives me 5 seconds to setup against the rogue, which generally means i will abolish poison, land a few hots and then CC the rogue.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&cn=Outis&gn=Prosapia

It's always cool when a resto druid stacks all hots up and then switches to bear form, and then keeps spam shifting to bear everytime it gets rooted while having like 69% armour damage reduction and resiliance.

Should be able to mass dispell druids forms off.

Or increase the mana cost for shifting if not feral or have 5 second cooldowns on each form except swim form also if feral.

i only know what i was doing to him, didnt see what others were doing, i just stun them and get the slow on them straight away so they cant speed form away.
    What part of using stuns/interrupts up front makes sense to you?

Try getting them below 50% before worrying about blowing your stun.

seems to me all the resto druid do is use cyclone and then 1 shot heal themselves to full, i play pvp on a mage and a paladin and it really is impossible to kill them, seems that its inbalanced
    i really hope when cata comes around that resto druids are nerfed to the ground, its just not Fun pvping anymore when theres 1 druid who can survive a whole team attacking him.

its not druids as a whole, its top geared druids. they're raid bosses. i've spammed fb's with IV up on some tree's where i'm a turret and couldn't get them below 90%. i've done the same to a lot of other druids and i can at least pressure the hell out of them and my spellpower sux, and oftentimes kill them with a DF. the difference is iin the damage i do, including hp pools, and its passive survivability, not skill thats the biggest difference. i'm criting some for thousands higher than i am the raid bosses. they have to be stacking resilience like crazy, and most of my nukes are hitting them between the 2-3k w/o criting which is very low, while their hots are making up most of the damage i do. its just stupid sometimes.

gear disparities in bg's can be retarded. i swear thats the biggest difference, more than skill. when you can have the passive survivability geared players have which honestly can keep them up thru 4x's of what average geared players can survive, with twice the damage/heal output, its ezmode vs the masses of undergeared in bg's. the same can be said about some pallys, warriors, dk's, and almost every class. when they are top geared with high resil/hp's vs the masses of lesser geared they become raid bosses that takes zergs to bring down. druids however are the few classes that can at least soak the damage and outrun the zergs, while the rest will eventually be zerged down at some point.

bears can soak a ton of damage also. i always tell everyone rerolling to roll druid. if not for the ability to spec into every role in the game with that one class, blizzard will always OP them because they're partial to them due to many dev's playing them from koraa's statement a while back, along with blizzard not realizing/penalizing them for being much less cc'able than most classes. blizzard seems to think hunters sleeping/fearing them in animal forms evens it out when that is far from reality, and they are the only class that can outrun most of the melee attacking them. they're just very easy to end up OP'd imo due to their class design, and its proven to be that way in terms of healers at least.

Quote Originally Posted by styvorama
    What part of using stuns/interrupts up front makes sense to you?

Try getting them below 50% before worrying about blowing your stun.
    if you're a ranged class you get maybe 2 big nukes in before you have to play catchup with him being out of range. if you're a melee you spend 1/2 your time chasing him, not hitting him. getting a druid that wants to get away to 50% if he's geared is much easier said than done, especially when he's soaking damage in bear. most of you couldn't do it either with the gear the average bg'er has vs top geared.

Deleted

gtfo troll.