Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Heroic Icecrown, 10 man only.

to add to this conversation, NO ONE in a 10 man strict guild has defeated 10LK. This might indicate that 25 man gear is necessary and/or that Blizzard did not make the last tier of content "easy" like everyone claims they did. Sure 10man might be a joke for you, but aren't you (talking to the general "easy" public) in full 25 man gear? Raid it like it was intended to be raided.
    FINALLY GOT CATACLYSM!

If you go to WoL and look at the 380 some LK Heroic 10man kills, 90% of them are 2 healed with the combination of Holy Pally , Disc Priest. 5% are Disc Priest Resto Druid, and the rest i saw like.... 1 Holy pally/resto druid , a few disc priest/resto shammy. Although I did see a few 3 healed....

My group is probably gonna get destroyed trying to holy paladin/resto shaman healing it.

Just speaking of 10man strict, showing that almost all kills have a disc priest in superb gear, your gonna have to have the most perfect group makeup in the world to 10man strict Heroic LK i think.

My guild is going to start working on Lich King heroic 10 this week. We have pulled him 1 time late last week just to say we did.

We actually think we have a decent setup considering we are a guild of 10 people

Normal setup is

Tank: Paladin, Druid
    Heals: Shaman, Paladin, Druid
    DPS: Warlock, Spriest, Elemental, Boomkin, Mage

We are going to do this for lk

Tank: Paladin, Druid
    Heals: Paladin, Disc Priest (spriest switches)
    DPS: Warlock, Mage, Boomkin, Boomkin (resto druid switches), Elemental, Elemental (resto shaman switches)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Hetrofi
    i myself play on doomhammer and i got to disagree on that point.
    Eternal Gathering (A) has got all on HC.

and all these guilds have got 11/12 in HC 10 man:
    Gaudium (H)
    Knights of the Blackrose (A)
    Insidious Intent (H)
    Quelm (H)
    Daggers of Darkness (A)
    Vivid (H)
    Aquamarine (A)
    The Lost Chapter (A)

Emanate (H) has also got 10/12 in hc 10 man.

rest is below that
    Atlas Shrugged
    10 man guilds != guilds that raid 10 man.
    Those are all hardcore 25 man guilds.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo
    10 man guilds != guilds that raid 10 man.
    Those are all hardcore 25 man guilds.
    What he said. But seriously I don't know of another 10man only guild that is semi-serious on Doomhammer

Quote Originally Posted by Steady

Having no experience with LK heroic, but full knowledge of the fight mechanics and tactics to counter, I can't comment reliably but I have to say as a 10-man only guild I'm less than optimistic. The guilds killing him currently are almost exclusively 25-heroic guilds in 264/277 combinations, simply because the numbers required from everything is barely possible currently in 251/264.
    I've already killed it with my (almost) strictly 10man alt, and that was with 5 or 10% buff. Now the buff is up to 20%, so any excuses about it being tuned for 25-man guilds are no longer valid (and I'm not sure if they ever were). If it's only 25man guilds that are killing him, that's simply because that's where the best players play.

10 man heroic LK is more about raid-setup and skill than gear. You have some options there, but I believe most guilds do it with 1 tank and two (disc + pala) healers. That leaves you with 7 dps spots, and you want to get every possible buff and a suitable mix of ranged/melee classes.. depending on certain tactical decisions you make.

After my guild got the first kill, we've been rotating members to get the achievemnt to different people, but we've noticed that there's not much room to switch spots. Sure, you can take maybe one suboptimal class like rogue or restodruid with you, but that's pretty much it. Of course, as the buff goes up, this too becomes less and less important.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.