Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dominos v. Bartender4?

Finally switching over from xperl actionbars (if they are even different from normal bars) and I was just curious which is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliekcookies View Post
    WoW is like heroine among MMORPGs. Once you're hooked, it's an addiction. You can't go back to anything weaker.

Re: Dominos v. Bartender4?

I personally prefer Bartender because I feel like there are more customizable options than Dominos.

I would also go for bartender. I can't remember exactly how you do key bindings in domnios but I know that in bartender its super easy.
    There's also a lot more range in terms of what you can do with bartender; Positioning, layout ect.

Plus, if you're a UI neat freak or just like shiny buttons there's a support addon called;

Buttonfacade
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...tonfacade.aspx

Which allows your to apply custom skins to your buttons. Sexy!

I used Bartendar for a long, long time and then eventually switched over to Dominoes. I found Dominoes was easier to set up, and had some small things that made it better for my use. (can't remember what they were) Look-wise, they're both pretty much the same, and like above just get ButtonFacade to make everything look pretty.
    The key-binds in Dominoes you just right click the bar when in the edit mode, and change the list setting to something along the lines of 'Bindings' and just change each individual bar the way you like. Very simple set up with Dominoes, and there's a sticky-bar setting so that bars stay together when you move them which helps a lot for OCD people who like me who want their bars perfectly aligned.

Buttonfacade works with both bar mods. I used to use Bartenders for the longest while but have since moved to Dominos. Both are really simple to set up and arrange. Preference so far, dominos.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Bartender and Dominos use the exact same keybinding system, by the way. They both use LibKeyBind-1.0. :P

Most of the difference between the two is in HOW they configure, not the final end or actual usability.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    Bartender and Dominos use the exact same keybinding system, by the way. They both use LibKeyBind-1.0. :P

Most of the difference between the two is in HOW they configure, not the final end or actual usability.
    Been a very long time since I used Bartender, but it used to have it's own keybinds for action buttons where Dominos uses the default action buttons. So If you bind like Shift+R in Bartender it wouldn't always work with the default actionbar (Like if you were using someone elses computer). Bartender might not be like that anymore though.

They're both equal from my experience. Just pick one.

In my experience I would recommend bartender, because it is much simpler to use and you would like it more.
    http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww163/Jaqerainey/raineynezmoth1.jpg

Bartender is far more intuitive and far more controllable.

15+ Year Old Account

dominos IMO
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Used both. Dominos is slightly superior.

Bartender is less intuitive in fact because you configure it from a window while in dominos you right click the bar and configure it right there, Dominos is more user friendly.

I do not kill people...that is my least favorite thing to do! - Carl from Llamas with hats

15+ Year Old Account

been using domino since 2.1 and it never let me down, not once

10+ Year Old Account

There should be a poll. Butttttttttt, I used Bartender FOREVER. Until I started using TukUI.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Have used both extensively; seriously, they are more or less identical. Pick the name you like the sound of the most. For what it's worth, currently using Dominos. FYI, in ref to Grudge's post earlier, Buttonfacade works with both.

Which of the two uses less memory?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Memory use is a nonissue unless you're running with minimum system requirements for WoW.

I used Dominos for quite a bit because the first time I got bartender4 it was just a mess and I was too stupid to customize it.

Eventually, I switched, and trust me, bartender > dominos.

You can customize a lot more, and a feature I found really handy was hiding your action bars.

As a rogue, any move w/o a cooldown was keybinded and put on a hidden action bar, then I used the addon cooldowns, which puts the cooldown count time on your move.

Makes a nice tidy, less cluster-fucked UI, IMO!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

been using Bongos since Tuller decide to rename it to Dominos so its better imo

Quote Originally Posted by cineplex
    As a rogue, any move w/o a cooldown was keybinded and put on a hidden action bar, then I used the addon cooldowns, which puts the cooldown count time on your move.

Makes a nice tidy, less cluster-fucked UI, IMO!
    The better way to do this is to get an addon that allows you to directly bind your abilities and macros to keys.