Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: the REAL mage rotation.. no one can disagree

This kinda made me want to roll a Mage just so I can go HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR IRL while playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayfow View Post
    What's the point of playing an easy game? When did this huge subset of people come to video games, wanting not a challenge, but some kind of interactive facebook type thing with spells?

Re: the REAL mage roration.. no one can disagree

Quote Originally Posted by z3r082
    ofc - mages don't get agro with images up. didn't know that? lol
    Until Mirror Image dissapears, all your aggro and the aggro generated by your cooldowns return and you realise your pug tank does not know what Taunt means. >:

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Adjective Noun is Adjective...

I'm clever.

:
    But the word "adjective" is a noun.

???

Oh f*ck it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Quote Originally Posted by this_name_is_void
    As a mage I disagree with the ia part seeing as that talent is shit now.
    This man CLEARLY hasnt killed sindrigosa normal or hardmode yet...
    on my mage i reached around 6.6k SP using Frost Ward = Maxxxxx pewpew

nnd lolll! i love that pic =p

show fire spec some love, you guys might have more cooldowns but i never go oom 8)

besides, if you got the crit fire>arcane

Quote Originally Posted by Harjkun

i like it, dont think anyone can disagree

1) clearly, the person has no clue of a mage. when you fire up the images, it friggin' does not matter if the tank has aggro already. you can go all-out for 30s without the worry of ever being in danger to pull aggro. if you do pull aggro after those 30s have passed, your tank maybe sucks.
    2) AB spam is wrong
    3) IA was broken by blizzard aeons ago and is now working as intended. it was rendered useless.
    4) fire out-dpses arcane easily by now because of gearscaling
    5) people using "hurrr, durr, derp, ..." and other idiocrazy words naturally suck donkey balls and look like stupid rednecks

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff
    1) clearly, the person has no clue of a mage. when you fire up the images, it friggin' does not matter if the tank has aggro already. you can go all-out for 30s without the worry of ever being in danger to pull aggro. if you do pull aggro after those 30s have passed, your tank maybe sucks.
    2) AB spam is wrong
    3) IA was broken by blizzard aeons ago and is now working as intended. it was rendered useless.
    4) fire out-dpses arcane easily by now because of gearscaling
    5) people using "hurrr, durr, derp, ..." and other idiocrazy words naturally suck donkey balls and look like stupid rednecks

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    LOL agree...

Posting in a legendary thread.

Cyanide and Happiness comic made me happy.
    Mage, Priest, Paladin
    And working on a DK!

Deleted

ok let me clear is up. wht i mean by this is "REAL mage rotation". i mean to say that mages boil down to 2-3 main buttons
    Arcane blast
    Arcane Missiles
    and if you use it (i hope you do) Arcane Barrage
    the thread is meant to poke fun at ARCANE mages and how easy we have it, and in general to lol at the flowchart (coz it is epic). if you look at a decent Locks recount "pie chart thing-y", you'll see so much shit. on a mage it will not be that much. im speaking for arcane only, fire is different. and for those who think i dont have a good mage or have never played one, for future review

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=H%C3%A1rjkun

notice please that same forum name and character name for those of you who think this is a random mage i found to prove a point.

I wouldn't be bragging about that mage... the gear is nothing special and gems are jacked up. Yes they're the appropriate TYPE of gems, but you completely ignore the 7/9 SP bonus rule, aswell as overuse Reckless gems.

Oh, and lolpvpbootswut?

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

the thread is meant to poke fun at ARCANE mages and how easy we have it, and in general to lol at the flowchart (coz it is epic). if you look at a decent Locks recount "pie chart thing-y", you'll see so much shit.
    I was content with taking this whole thread as a joke before this
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    I wouldn't be bragging about that mage... the gear is nothing special and gems are jacked up. Yes they're the appropriate TYPE of gems, but you completely ignore the 7/9 SP bonus rule, aswell as overuse Reckless gems.

Oh, and lolpvpbootswut?

kinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnda seems like you're reaching. He's not A+ Perfect, but he's probably a high B.. maybe an A-.

Especially considering some of the mages you see.

And those boots aren't too bad for PVE. Haste/SP(Possibly a little low on int, don't feel like looking up deathfrost atm).

OT: Rotation was funny, have never used IA but i still lol'd at the Y/N at the start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity
    I think it's awesome that you tried to quantify 'epic fail' into an equation ;D

Quote Originally Posted by diemor

kinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnda seems like you're reaching. He's not A+ Perfect, but he's probably a high B.. maybe an A-.

Especially considering some of the mages you see.

And those boots aren't too bad for PVE. Haste/SP(Possibly a little low on int, don't feel like looking up deathfrost atm).

OT: Rotation was funny, have never used IA but i still lol'd at the Y/N at the start.
    TOC25 boots are about the equivilent of 264 pvp boots. I'm currently using 258 TOGC boots because well, Plague Scientists (heroic and non) don't exist while I'm raiding.

Boots aside though, there's no reason in hell to be using that many SP/Haste gems. Rule of thumb is always socket for +7/+9 SP bonuses.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    TOC25 boots are about the equivilent of 264 pvp boots. I'm currently using 258 TOGC boots because well, Plague Scientists (heroic and non) don't exist while I'm raiding.

Boots aside though, there's no reason in hell to be using that many SP/Haste gems. Rule of thumb is always socket for +7/+9 SP bonuses.
    DO I NEED TO POST MORE BUZZKILL PIX?!!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    DO I NEED TO POST MORE BUZZKILL PIX?!!?!
    Stepping in, once again, to get skarrd's back

Quote Originally Posted by Roxix
    $15/month, I'M 14 I DO WUT I WANT, I WANNA HAVE A BABY, MAH BABY GUNNA LUV ME

and if you use it (i hope you do) Arcane Barrage
    I hope you don't. If you want to kill your dps do it some funky way, not by using the spell that has been rendered completely useless ages ago.

Deleted

I thought I was the only one who shouted 'HUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR' during my AB spam!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Splug
    I thought I was the only one who shouted 'HUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR' during my AB spam!
    ^^ that made me lol