Playing Around With Frost DW Specs

So basically as the title eludes to i am playing around with numerous DW frost specs because being that i am lvl 75 it wont be long until i am 80 and going through the process of gearing up and raiding if i am lucky, though it is late in the expansion.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...y,aIS3Oe,11623

this is the first spec I made after doing some adjustments after looking at a few other specs, and although I am not at max level with him I do feel as if i do at least well with my current weapons and gear, but in this spec I did not use unbreakable armor and was wondering how this would affect overall dps.

Also i have heard that some DW frost DK's have issues with threat and if so, what build would be optimal then if i were to include the use of subversion in my spec?

Any other helpful tips on maximizing the benefits of my current spec build would be appreciated.

Re: Playing Around With Frost DW Specs

Move 1 point from BCB to Unbreakable Armor.. done

Unbreakable armour is a 6.67% average increase to strength, your best stat. That isn't a talent that you want to be raiding without. The lowest dps increase that you spent talent points in was black ice so the point for unbreakable armour can come from there.

Chill of the grave is usually taken over black ice so I would normally recommend that you move another two points out of black ice to take that, but the usefulness of chill of the grave is not constant and cannot be calculated on a general level. It varies depending on the amount of runic power that you are able to gain from anti magic shell, revitalize and rapture, as well as the amount of movement time spent out of melee range.

If you really want to max out your dps you should get one spec with 4/5 black ice and 0/2 chill of the grave and another with 2/5 black ice and 2/2 chill of the grave and respec depending on the encounter. Otherwise just run with the second one as it's a bit better overall.

If you are not 80 then speccing into threat reduction as a fresh 80 is pointless because you should never pull aggro.

I would suggest that you move a point from black ice as bcb>black ice and put that into unbreakable armor because it is nice to have at least one dps cooldown in your spec.

Take points from black ice also and put them into chill of the grave.

Damn shiira beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    If you are not 80 then speccing into threat reduction as a fresh 80 is pointless because you should never pull aggro.

I would suggest that you move a point from black ice as bcb>black ice and put that into unbreakable armor because it is nice to have at least one dps cooldown in your spec.

Take points from black ice also and put them into chill of the grave.

Damn shiira beat me to it.
    Everything this guy said. Is true, 1/2 CotG is usually the good amount when you have some outside RP generation, Black Ice isn't that good of a talent, and BCB is pretty damn awesome at higher gear levels.