10+ Year Old Account

ideas for future tier armor sets: names and themes for all classes

Today i was studying for my math final when my mind (as it often does) drifted off on to other things. the thing that was on my mind this day was what the theme and names of the next tier sets for classes in Cataclysm might or could be. weather its Tier 11 or 12 or hell even 13 doesn't matter to me at this point these are just some ideas i had of what each classes name n theme MIGHT be i.e how warriors T10 set is Viking themed and sports the name Ymirjar lords (blake). just a disclaimer i dont work for blizz im just a WoW player with some ideas i wanna share. anyway, here it goes: im sure all you guys know that the main antagonist in the next expansion is gonna be Deathwing the destroyer so going off that the main bad guy is a dragon i thought that the gear that drops for whatever raid he's in might be dragon themed so here are my thoughts on that> each class has its gear modeled and/or named after a certain dragon flight found in WoW, n yes there are only 5 flight like black, red, blue, green, and bronze. there are 5 other sub flights that people have encountered such as: twilight, nether, frost(undead), infinite, and proto drakes. So heres which classes would go with which flights/species of dragon.( and why i think it would work for that class)

Warriors=============black dragons (the black dragons are the most aggressive and violent flight out there so what better class to sport there likeness?) n the name could be Black juggernoughts (blank)

Death Knights=========frost wyrm (undead dragons) (seeing as the deathknight were once servants of the lich king it seemed appropriate that the class be draped in dragon bones and have ice all over it) name could be Frost wyrms (blank)

Mages========blue dragons ( seemed kinda obvious there. the mages of the Kiren Tor and the blues have fought each other a lot and are both users of the arcane) name could be azure warders (blank)

Druids========green dragons ( again can see that one coming a mile away: druids and the green flight are both stead fast allies and both fight to win the war or whatever in the emerald dream) name could be Emerald dreamers (blank)

Paladins========Red flight (this one is kinda a stretch i know but both the class and the flight are protectors of their charges such as Paladins guard the weak and uphold the light the red's protect all life on Azeroth) name could be red/Ruby leviathans (blank)

shamans====Twilight dragons ( now this one deals more with the fact that the twilight cultist's are a bunch of crazy shamans or elemental worshipers and sense the class has power over the elements it seemed to best fit them) name could be Twilight cultist's (blank)

Priests===== Bronze flight ( this one is another stretch but again it deals with that the bronze flight has sworn to protect this time line and will defend the past and present with their lives and Priests are Protectors of the weak and work to exorcize evil where ever it be(kinda going into the logic or mind set of the flight and class there)) the name of the armor set could be Bronze Guardians (blank)

Warlock=====Netherwing dragons (again this one is really too obvious to explain. the Netherwing drakes are filled with the power that all warlocks draw their power from and warlocks have already had a set based on the void and the emptiness ./shrug) name could be Nether Vanquishers (blank)

Rouges=====Infinite dragons ( this one goes into what this flight has done and as far as i know continues to do: send guys into the past to assassinate historic figures or sabotage events so they never happen. sound familiar? i thought so) name could be Infinite assassins (blank)

Hunters===== Proto drakes ( this one again taps into that these are ancient primitive beasts that at their core represent the wild nature and mentality of all dragons and hunters of course live to be the most wild and untamed places in the world and to tap into the most primordial parts of themselves) name of the Armor set could be Primal/Primordial Beast (blank)

so those are my ideas for possible class armor sets i have kinda a rough idea of what each armor set would look like but then again this is just me throwing in my two cents in... comments? ideas? feel free to share this is just a big ol brainstorm of ideas for people to talk about ( but if you feel like trolling you will be treated as such... unless you give a decent explanation to what your QQing about otherwise feel free to toss ur 2 cents in) ;D

Re: ideas for future tier armor sets: names and themes for all classes

i really like a lot of the draconic aspect you put into the thoughts, but i think the class sets are going to do more with elements and worldly devastation in cataclysm, some may be based on draconic aspects, but thats just my thought

Good ideas, but i'd have to agree with Illunis on that one

You forgot chromatic dragons, thatd probably be better for shamans then twilight dragons since they both have some control over all elements.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kilrogg&cn=Dreld

We've got enough dragon crap as it is.
    Oh aye.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbor
    We've got enough dragon crap as it is.
    i dont think we do
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kilrogg&cn=Dreld

I think that the initial idea of tier armors to be after dragonflights is excelent, but I agree with Illunis that this will be more based on elements but then again what would be the name for paladin, priest , warrior, death knight and some other classes.
    There is 5 spirits of elemets in warcraft universe: fire, water, wind, earth and spirit and spirit of the wild. And we have 10 clasess and some of them don't use elements or doesn't have any conection with them.