Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Why are tanks so sensitive when it comes to heroics?

When I tank hc i chain pull all the way trough or trying to skip the trash that not need pull. But when a dps decide to go and help me with pulls when I already pull as fast as can that really annoyes me.

I was on alt DK tank 2 days ago in Gundrak and by the end of first boss cat druid complain about huge lag and pretty much AFK the rest of place, by the top stairs with the 5 fearing mobs i had enough of him and wanted to kick.
    but healer just say go go cus he clearly in a big hurry, the warrior pulls so in combat again and cant kick. manage to get the vote before last boss but for some reason a AFK dps whole run is ok, he can leech emblems but me try stop 1 min just to replace him is being too slow.

Yes could just 4maned the last boss too but i rather remove the guy not doing anything first.

On my warrior main I tanked in FoS and i know how much i can handel by myself while healer or dps catches up to me, first boss ofc the DK not use chain of ice to slow the orbs, or move from melee away from boss I had to run with boss instead. First orb dies slow he drops one more right before go middle and aoe. 2nd orb end up healing boss.

I didnt say anything about fail dps instead moveing on.
    healer says manabreak when he dies and mage agress. I know very well i can play with the 2 skelys alone and go to kill them, while the others drinks.
    then the mage go in rage saying im a dick. just becus I knew i didnt have to stand idleing around while they drink.

more times its the dps think they are the most awsome in the group not the tanks, I see very rarly any bothering to MD or trick me, the mob I charge, usaly the healer/caster isnt being single targeted but instead all pick a mob at random to go nuke on.

Just cus you go high on the stupid dps meters dont meen you that good, good dps pull out high dps and dont pull aggro off tank.
    have all 4 tank class at 80 and tanking now. paladin newest and little poor gear still, first hc tryed to tank in didnt hold aggro that well but when grouped with geared dps instead of go little easyer on the dps get annoyed by the 27k tank struggling to keep threat when going full nuke.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang
    Tanks are sensitive because for the most part, tanks and healers are the ones with any responsibility in the group. Now, if CC was actually necessary, DPS would get more respect because they're actually necessary, but when you can do the entire god damn heroic with just the tank and the healer, it's easy to see who's the odd man out.

That being said, it doesn't allow anyone to be unreasonable. When I tank, I don't care about someone's gear, or their DPS, just as long as they don't:

A: Do their own pulls (They'll die, I only grab the mobs once the healer is threatened).
    B: Going AFK (/votekick)
    C: Nagging about going faster (I'm already on the next pack before the first dies, if I stop for a reason, it's for a good reason)
    D: Being obnoxious
    E: Start bashing someone for their gear when they're gearing up

I have no problems cutting out people that mess up on those 5 points. If people want to be annoying, I don't have a problem doing the same thing in return.

Now what I'm wondering about... what did you do to get a tank to react? Tanks usually (most of us anyway) don't snap without a reason.
    The reason why i say this is im also from Neptulon :P...
    and i would like you to tank my heroics when my hunter is 80 xD...(78 atm)
    i mean from all the posts i have read in this Thread you seem like the most honest and kind tank around (yes THERE ARE MORE nice and honest tanks DONT FLAME ME)...
    i mean when im doing a heroic on my Main...to get frost emblems i usually outgear tanks healers and other dps..i dont care what kind of gear they have or how "teribad" they are according to the others...if they just SIMPLY do there job as dps...or heal or tank i dont mind if it takes 3 hours to do one Heroic or 5 minutes...and i dont mind doing all bosses or a couple just depends on the ppl that are in there...if they are gearing up and need the emblems,...Hell even i could tank a boss with a healer just to throw me an occasional heal so once in a while to keep me up....Threat is no problem..
    i would even explain boss tacts if ppl would ask me..i dont care...
    some tanks should remind that its all pixels baby!..

TL;DR

Be nice and you will be awarded with kindness back.
    Be an Moronic windowlicking asshole that only thinks about himself...you will end up alone

A lot of tanks play the role because of the "control" element it brings, by pulling bosses/trash packs you remove that control. Having all three specs my advice is stick to whatever your role is, allow the tank to set the pace, if he is very slow then politely comment on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromlek
    Perhaps try tanking yourself for a change?
    This. What these idiot dps don't realize is that a good tank must know every pull in the instance and when someone fucks up it's always the tank who has to fix it. It's the tank who must adjust to the skill and gear level of the group and has to monitor everyone to know if it's safe to pull or if someone is afk or hasn't bothered to mana up. It's the tank who has to keep an eye on that idiot who keeps tunnel visioning on dps and walks straight into an extra group, and it's the tank who has to pick up that extra group in a split second before they kill anyone.

When I started tanking I put epic gems in every piece of gear I got from the start because if I die the group wipes and dying because I didn't bother to gem and enchant my gear is out of the question. Getting DPS who haven't bothered to get a proper spec or to put even green quality gems in their gear really, really pisses me off and I refuse to carry such idiots. When I get them I either vote kick them or teleport out and log another char.

So we have a mage complaining about tanks. Hi i am a tank and i like to complain about a mage.

The place of events was the same as yours, Utgarde Pinnacle:
    I tanked and i began pulling trash at the first boss since at least 3 packs can be pulled while she still talks with arthas. In that time the mage began whining about me skipping the boss. I did a vote and 3 said "lets do all" ~ so its okey the majority wants that, so i'll tank it. No prob for me, but a problem for the mage.

The mage started a really long moral speech after that. It began with "Was that so hard to bare?" ~ included that i'm egoistic and selfish and stuff. The mages dps dropped from 3k to 200 because he was so busy telling me what a bad person i am. In front of the last boss i told him that i made a full run because people voted and that he can SFTU. Then he was silent.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

ive got the 4 tanking classes to lvl 80 and i tank with all of them like my pally the most but thats beside the point tanking can some times be very stressful and i know that even i some times get the shits with the groups im put in cause my pally has very good gear 5.7k GS and i get put in groups with people who have less than 4k but even though i get annoyed i never leave the group cause of it what does annoy me is when DPS A) tell me im tanking wrong or B) attack a target that im not directly attacking and pull threat i taunt it and they keep attacking it the die and then complain about it. so i go by the rule tank dies healers fault healer dies tanks fault DPS die its there fault cause if the tank and healer are doing the right thing it can only be there fault

Tanks often have this fucked up power trip thing where they think they are amazing and should be respected like some sort of god.

One thing I hate as a tank is DPS pulling trash/boss on their own, when I'm not pulling, it's for a reason, most of the time it's stuff like healer is low on mana or stuff like that. If a DPS pulls, then I'll let him tank it, since by doing so he's telling me he can tank better, I won't mind, just don't BS me for not tanking after dying.

It's not the tank perse.
    DPS can be fucking retards to, pulling shit because they think it's going to slow while the tank simply ain't geared enough for more. QQing about crappy tanking, bad healing or lousy dps from others.
    Tanks can be obnixious assholes because they think themselves special because they're a tank. Well you're still going to need help, so stuff the attitude.
    Not sure about healers since I'm always healing myself ( although I can be an assholes and not heal people that act like an idiot : )
    I've seen assholes in all shapes and sizes. I've also seen nice and friendly people in all shapes and sizes, luckily mostly the latter. And generally party chat won't go beyond "hi" and "cya" unless shit hits the fan, usually over nothing important. I don't even care if people are slacking aslong as they are doing something, with proper geared tanks I'm slacking to, unless I feel like dpsing a bit. (Which hardly speeds things up )

My gear is only above average so I have much right to complain, but I don't mind having people in blues in my party, wether it's dps or tank. Just means I have to pay attention a little more. And I never look at meters and such, it's a fucking 5-man, who cares if dps or threat isn't that great. aslong as it gets the job done. You should be able to do a hc with 5 people in greens and blues, the odds on that are 0 these days. So whats the big deal if one or two players lack epics?

It's general disrespect to people that pisses me off most. Just because you don't know them, will probably never meet them again and you can hide behind your anonimity doesn't give you the right to act like a jerk. Trust me, if you treat people with kindness you will enjoy yourself more as well.

/Carebear healer out :P
    "Remember, remember the 6th of July.
    The Real ID treason and Plot.
    I see no reason why the Real ID Treason
    Should ever be forgot."

Deleted

there are some idiots in wow:X i am a tank and only vote kick if some idiot that doesnt do 2k dps (you only need 1.3k to do hc but wtf i did 2k dps at 70 why cant a guy at 80 do more them 2k?) start to complain, i mean you doing less them 2k you complain and you have fail spec? vote kick instantly.

If you doing 1.3k dps and you are polite and ask me to kill all bosses for emblems i woudlnt mind doing so.

I actulaly kciked a 5.8k gs hunter from a voa raid because he said wtf mage with 4.5k gs kick him.
    I kicked allright but i kicked the jackass.

Got a feral bear offspec myself, and have been running quite a few random hc for triumph, money etc.
    Going as fast as I can, this still aint enogh for some dps, who always has to "help" with pulling.

I dont care about scrubs doing 1k dps, everyone has to start somewhere. But cant I atleast get to pull mobs myself? a misdirect pull is ok, as long as he get all of them etc, but that's rare.

Trying to tank FoS without any form of silence as a tank can also be quite painful when no dps wants to help out with interrupt, deathgrip etc.

Im not flawless, and I know some tanks have a authority issue, but sometimes dps has to take a look in the mirror as well.

In one of your stories ninja pulling isnt cool. On the other hand in UP with the 4 miniboss's I prefer some one to start it up when im tanking the trash... so depends on the tank i guess.

As for the rest, I would change server. Looks like yours has an over abundance of idiots.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by tankytank
    all the responses here have been baseless and retarded, such as arrogant rogues, stupid mages, and pussy tanks. here is the conclusion(story 1 that is):

the tank was a pussy (throwing a tantrom)
    the 2 mages were cunts (pulling for the tank)
    This.. basically.
    When I tank and some dps thinks they need to be pulling without TotT or MDs.. they can go ahead and tank it, I really couldn't care less Wouldn't go all emo about it, just lol and watch en get killed. I actually kinda enjoy watching that happen aswell

Asheowyn - Shandelzare - Anessa - Shandelzhare

Where the hell do you guys find thoes specimens (they can't be called humans).... it really must be a battlegroup issue , on my realm I never had a problem with tanks , usualy in 90% of the instances I do the tanking .

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh
    A lot of tanks play the role because of the "control" element it brings, by pulling bosses/trash packs you remove that control. Having all three specs my advice is stick to whatever your role is, allow the tank to set the pace, if he is very slow then politely comment on it.
    So true.

IDK - haven't had this problem, but I've got a Warrior Prot spec and my brother tanks his DK - so we are usually tanking for the other (/hug instant queue).

That being said, I've never had all of these massive issues everyone seems to have in heroics. About the only thing that gets on my nerves is the person that instantly is like "SPEED RUN!"...I just ignore and run normal.

I've never voted to kick anyone - and that involves the group I ran through PoS with my nephew's Shammy healer : mage/war/pal - and I was pretty much second deeps the whole run. One was in PVP gear and the other one was too busy complaining about the other's DPS to do his own. w/e - we got through, got the frost, moved on to the next run...........

There are just as many bad tanks out there as there are bad DPS and Healers.

Difference is, Tanks seem to think they aren't replaceable cause they have instant ques. I personally love when a tank can't hold aggro, starts to berate someone in the group, or acts high and mighty. Cause I tell them "bye", initiate the vote kick on them, and then put up Righteous Fury and do a better job tanking as a Ret Paladin then they did as a tank anyways.

I do between 3 rand HM and 6 per day ( got 6 lvl 80, but I rarely have the time to rand them all), plus 2 rand non hm for the two characters I'm still pexing, and I've never been faced with a vote-kick, even if some times I've got some issue with other players, usually DPS who need to learn2assist ou stop bloody pulling if you can ToT or Misdi...

So considering you get 4 vote-kick out of 4 pugs, I'd seriously reconsider my attitude if I were you. Sure thing, tanks (and heal and dps) can be dumb as a brick, but usually, when the whole world seems to be arrayed against you, the problem rarely is with the whole world.
    Generation 29:
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

90% Heroic Tanks have some sort of Superiority Complex.

It's pretty stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietjededood
    I only readed half of the issue and i stopped. i went /facedesk.

Tanking is not the easiest thing in the game, so let everyone do his job en be patient. Your only have to play with him for 30mins.

Dont pull mobs and dont go in issues.

i'm a tank myself, running ICC 11/12. I got decent gear and sometimes ppl even pull aggro over me. If ppl dont be patient enough to atleast get me to make sure i got mobs on me or wait till i have all the mobs on me before bladestorming/blizzarding/... the crap out of them.
    Well though luck then, accidents happen, i'll try to get em back on me. But i'm not gonna run an instance taunting all the time cause somebody his zerkfinger is itching.

If a tanks says you pull, you tank. He's god damm right to say it.
    Armoury link plz? You'r 1 of the most retarded tanks i have met yet.... 11/12 with that attitude is guildruns as pugs would disband. Now ur some guildly cause u CBA to try ur wping ur raid MY FUCKING GOD THREAT? WTF IS THAT U EVEN KNOW TAUNT MECHANICS THERES NO SUCH THING AS LOSING AGGRO.

Solo tank 2nd boss with 100% thread recution with my 2 taunts as paladin, 100% threat reduction with 95% threat (every split secnd i lose it i taunt again no1 dies... no1)

My gear is from pugging... succesfully. A dps was to do high threat? they are weclome means they are doing high dps to get high threat thats there role, mine is to hold threat and dmg migration.

PS: i know my shield fails and trinket better wont drop and i know i dont have vidication.