Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    i can't stress this enough.. don't hate out lil wayne because you've only heard his 'current' radio-songs. listen to some of the songs i've said to, they're classic, different, catchy, good.

/fanboy

yes, Snoop Dogg lost all respect i might've had for him when i heard that song. Jay-Z is too commercial, same with Em. i like how you gave 4 names trying to simplify the whole rap game. there are names out there i'm sure you've never heard of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nHFD...layer_embedded

how is that not 'rap'? explain.

/fanboy2
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin
    South Park's 'Gay Fish' was actually a lot catchier than a lot of Kanye songs. Yeah.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's Hip Hop.

Ok fair enough. thought about it again, sue me it's 3.30 am.

Anyways all i'm trying to say is there is other good music out there, just because mainstream is drifting towards making more revenue (they're doing it through their lolelectronica shit i guess)and that people instantly calling out the genre annoys me. Not saying you did, i'm touchy, that's all.
    South Park's 'Gay Fish' was actually a lot catchier than a lot of Kanye songs. Yeah.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not calling it out, it just is what it is, you got it dead one, they're all going mainstream and commercial and forgeting all about what made them popular in the first place, real true rap. They just want to make a profit just because it has their name on it, even though the songs are played on the radio 200 times a day. And it works, but the true rap fans have to listen to underground no-named artist that usually fade away in a few months unless more and more people listen to it, but then if too many people listen to it they'll get signed, do 1 real album, and go mainstream like the rest. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    And it works, but the true rap fans have to listen to underground no-named artist that usually fade away in a few months unless more and more people listen to it, but then if too many people listen to it they'll get signed, do 1 real album, and go mainstream like the rest. :|
    This is what I've been saying for the longest of times. Can't believe someone agrees with me