Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: New-age Lil wayne etc is not 'rap'.

That's why I'm saying I liked him 'back in the day'. Now he's dragging it out, I agree 100%.

Eh, auto tune makes things sound very pop-like, so I prefer when they don't use it. But yeah, low on meanings. I agree there too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin
    South Park's 'Gay Fish' was actually a lot catchier than a lot of Kanye songs. Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by harrygoboom
    That's why I'm saying I liked him 'back in the day'. Now he's dragging it out, I agree 100%.

Eh, auto tune makes things sound very pop-like, so I prefer when they don't use it. But yeah, low on meanings. I agree there too.
    im very happy im not the only one who thinks that.

i've noticed alot of people hype rappers who aren't even that good. ie, as you said, the dreaded kanye.. my friends are in love with him, what the fuck.
    South Park's 'Gay Fish' was actually a lot catchier than a lot of Kanye songs. Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account

i've noticed alot of people hype rappers who aren't even that good. ie, as you said, the dreaded kanye.. my friends are in love with him, what the fuck.
    His music is just plain BAD,but thats not the worst thing, his attitude is beyond explanations though and thats what totally kills him as a "celebrity" for me. If you seen South Park - Gayfish episode he is exactly like what he is portrayed as there.

The only thing Kanye did I liked was when he bashed Taylor Swift, lol. And Foreman... yeah, I come off as rude, I scare some away, that's too bad for them. They don't have to post here, really, it's cool by me.

Signature worthy.

And Foreman... yeah, I come off as rude, I scare some away, that's too bad for them. They don't have to post here, really, it's cool by me.
    You're not necessarily rude, you just lack...... certain typing qualities....like being polite. :P And since it seems my benevolent offer has been turned down I'll delete the previous post anyway.
    And it's not Foreman, it's Myrkyr (Meer-keer). Foreman would be a title or job description.
    Individuals are not simple. They cannot be defined for easy reference in the manner of:The elves are a lithe, pointy-eared people who excel at poverty.

Yes, as if it was in respect, am I not allowed to do that? you knew I was talking to you anyways, only person here with 'foreman' in their name.

Don't come here saying Biggie or 2pac; they're good, but over rated beyond all belief.
    ok first off this has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever read. that aside I agree with you that todays hip hop/rap is nothing like it used to be. old school rap had meaning behind it and what the MC did back then was pretty much smoke indo/rap about it and freestyle (doggystyle was all freestyle for an example). rhymes came from the heart and you can just feel it from them, what we have today is people trying to make a quick million with some dumb catchy saying and we know it. raps prime has already happened I feel. we have glimpses of the past with lupe fiasco but I mean he isnt tupac maybe a nas but thats about it.

gucci mane - snoop dogg
    soulja boy - nas
    dj khaled - dr. dre
    drake - notorius big
    lil wayne - tupac
    t-pain - nate dogg
    I think I'll go with the MCs on the right

I know its your opinion and all but could you tell me why tupac and biggie are "over rated"

as i've said before, it came out poorly. What i meant is, they are SO HIGHLY RATED it's obnoxious. ask someone who doesn't listen to rap much/at all, they talk about biggie or tupac. just instantly. anyone says they're the best, tupac would've been the greatest if he would've been alive.. etc. they ARE good. but people are sucking up to these dead men too much. they WERE good. they ARE good. they DID start things off. doesn't mean they'll never be out-done.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolrap
    ok first off this has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever read. that aside I agree with you that todays hip hop/rap is nothing like it used to be. old school rap had meaning behind it and what the MC did back then was pretty much smoke indo/rap about it and freestyle (doggystyle was all freestyle for an example). rhymes came from the heart and you can just feel it from them, what we have today is people trying to make a quick million with some dumb catchy saying and we know it. raps prime has already happened I feel. we have glimpses of the past with lupe fiasco but I mean he isnt tupac maybe a nas but thats about it.

gucci mane - snoop dogg
    soulja boy - nas
    dj khaled - dr. dre
    drake - notorius big
    lil wayne - tupac
    t-pain - nate dogg
    I think I'll go with the MCs on the right

I know its your opinion and all but could you tell me why tupac and biggie are "over rated"
    You are horrible imho. Today's Hip-Hop is shit I agree but there are still a few who are very good and I will even say best of all. Old scholl rap was/is/always will be shit as well, all of those you listed on both right and left side are the same shit, the difference is Right side are famous rappers who made a carrier on the same shit over and over, the left side didn't yet.

Imo from all rappers EVER there are very few who are actually good,please note this is MY opinion so don't go saying I'm wrong since opinions on this basics CANNOT be wrong,anyway:

Gorillaz,Lupe Fiasco,B.O.B(I know he had 1 album but that album is better than most of "old school" rappers albums),Eminem,Ice-T,De La Soul.

10+ Year Old Account

as i've said before, it came out poorly. What i meant is, they are SO HIGHLY RATED it's obnoxious. ask someone who doesn't listen to rap much/at all, they talk about biggie or tupac. just instantly. anyone says they're the best, tupac would've been the greatest if he would've been alive.. etc. they ARE good. but people are sucking up to these dead men too much. they WERE good. they ARE good. they DID start things off. doesn't mean they'll never be out-done.
    That's because people like to say "Okay that guy is the best noone will ever top him", which is shit statement to begin with.
    MJ for example "king of pop",his king of pop my ass to be hones, Prince has more right to be named that or Madonna (ofcourse Queen of pop).
    Another example Elvis Presley "king of rock",again rubbish his music isn't even rock to begin with.
    And finally 2Pac "king of rap", I'm sorry if we look at sales only Eminem already beat his record, if we look at Number of N1 singles again Eminem has won and yet noone says he is the king of rap,why ? because people like to say that guys is the king(of that music genre) and stick to it for generations.

zull. i love you. we think the same way. i mean in saying thinking the same about oldschoolrap's post. also, i agree with your last statement. It's just who people know as is why they are 'king' or 'best' of something, no substance behind the reasoning.

Letting you guys before hand that i like all kinds of hip-hop, from

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6571Ol3TmLQ
    To
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DzX18o-zsA
    To
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jp20gOwlS4
    To
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8Z8c-JM_5U

There are many faces to Hip-Hop, and its something people have to realize. I grew up in south central LA so i basically know any kind of hip-hop there is. Only thing i can say is that i love hip-hop/rap and its basically my life.

Edit: Also forgot pretty much all of kanye west albums BEFORE 808s and Heartbreak are gold

Quote Originally Posted by Zulluhead
    That's because people like to say "Okay that guy is the best noone will ever top him", which is shit statement to begin with.
    MJ for example "king of pop",his king of pop my ass to be hones, Prince has more right to be named that or Madonna (ofcourse Queen of pop).
    Another example Elvis Presley "king of rock",again rubbish his music isn't even rock to begin with.
    And finally 2Pac "king of rap", I'm sorry if we look at sales only Eminem already beat his record, if we look at Number of N1 singles again Eminem has won and yet noone says he is the king of rap,why ? because people like to say that guys is the king(of that music genre) and stick to it for generations.
    The only way somebody can really be called "king of" is if they have a track record of absolutely fantastic albums that everybody knows to some extent, sold millions and millions of records, their old songs still hold some sense of currency, and they are indistinguishable or the creators of an entire sound/feel.

A valid example would be "Frank Sinatra is the king of swing", but an invalid example would be "Slayer is the king of thrash".

People seem to forget that Kanye West was a producer before becoming an emcee. His work as a producer 10-15 years ago was actually quite nice! He did a lot of work for Rawkus records, actually!

Nobody said Kool Keith yet! His Doctor Octagon shit is amazing! 'Blue Flowers' <3
    He did a track with a few other emcees (What What, Mr. Eon and another, if I remember right (at work again, so can't really check)) called 'Hands on experience'. Well made, and funny as hell!

Glad you thought well of my friends work, Harry! I'll try to get you a download. It's about 18months old though... they're currently working on an EP/demo which is sounding sick!! I'm always pressuring them to hurry it the fuck on, but all I get is "you can't rush quality" :P Fair enough I suppose...
    peace!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z40neJacld4

I might have already linked this but it's beyond addictive, thought I would have to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulluhead
    You are horrible imho. Today's Hip-Hop is shit I agree but there are still a few who are very good and I will even say best of all. Old scholl rap was/is/always will be shit as well, all of those you listed on both right and left side are the same shit, the difference is Right side are famous rappers who made a carrier on the same shit over and over, the left side didn't yet.

Imo from all rappers EVER there are very few who are actually good,please note this is MY opinion so don't go saying I'm wrong since opinions on this basics CANNOT be wrong,anyway:

Gorillaz,Lupe Fiasco,B.O.B(I know he had 1 album but that album is better than most of "old school" rappers albums),Eminem,Ice-T,De La Soul.
    the artists I listed each have a body of work to go off from. one side is what we have today the right side is the old school rap and I was saying by looking at their bodies of work that I would still go with the old school rappers.

haha gorillaz is one of your few to be considered good rappers and eminem is over rated. but I like the lupe fiasco pick listen to switch, probably one of the dopest songs and if you dont get it then the song may seem dumb to you.

I think Tupac is the G.O.A.T. of rap is because of his influence he had on rap and society. No other rapper out there had as much influence than Tupac has had during their career. plus he also mastered the rap game

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolrap
    the artists I listed each have a body of work to go off from. one side is what we have today the right side is the old school rap and I was saying by looking at their bodies of work that I would still go with the old school rappers.

haha gorillaz is one of your few to be considered good rappers and eminem is over rated. but I like the lupe fiasco pick listen to switch, probably one of the dopest songs and if you dont get it then the song may seem dumb to you.

I think Tupac is the G.O.A.T. of rap is because of his influence he had on rap and society. No other rapper out there had as much influence than Tupac has had during their career. plus he also mastered the rap game
    Ok you do have a decent points there but:

-Having influence on rap and being a great rapper are two different things,look at Dre for example,he produced and lead Eminem/50 Cent/Ice Cube and they sold TONS of records (not saying 50 or Ice Cube are good though),so why isnt he mentioned as GREAT rapper ?
    -Gorillaz,Lupe Fiasco I see we have similar opion so wont touch on that
    -If you think Eminem is overrated thats ok,I consider Jay Z/Tupac/Biggie (especiall) all overrated.
    -I take back "You are horribly imho" since I shouldnt have stated that and I was wrong.

PS: this is Zulluhead from before,my main account got banned for 7 days for "trolling" >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by xebtria
    "what happens if the unstoppable force hits the immovable object?"
    ...54 translations later we get:
    "Pressure loss."