Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: New-age Lil wayne etc is not 'rap'.

He's overly emotional and all 'gief me pitty plix' i feel. I mean, he's not poor. and you're welcome, Masta Ace is as I said and you've said, underrated, for all the wrong reasons.

Ma$e is also up there, this song is a collab of a few people, I love it Beyond belief.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w77cExwGsQ

Enjoy

Edit: grammar mistake. lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin
    South Park's 'Gay Fish' was actually a lot catchier than a lot of Kanye songs. Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulluhead
    Im sorry but after saying that Eminem basically is skilless you note Busta Rhymes,I mean REALLY ?
    Did you actually read what I wrote, and have you listened to anything I mentioned?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsin
    Did you actually read what I wrote, and have you listened to anything I mentioned?
    Not really,I went over it though,sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Zulluhead
    Not really,I went over it though,sorry
    Hehe

Christ... can't believe this slipped my mind; Redman! 'Muddy Waters' is a cl-cl-cl-cl-classic!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsin
    Hehe
    Good reaction tbh I expected to see " U NOOB READ WHAT I POST U MOFO.................etc" you ressurected my hope in humanity TY.

Deleted

if i would ever met lil wayne i´d look him dead in his eyes and say, "aint no such thing as a halfway crook"

10+ Year Old Account
    While I'm not that into rap, people like Lil' Wayne should just stop, autotune SUCKS!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhdCslFcKFU

irishadam.. do you not read anything? i've linked videos of wayne pre-tune. people are so elitest and say something everyone else says to think they're being smart/other. Carter II was a pretty serious album, it, in my regards, is still one of my favorites. A few songs from C3 were good, and older songs such as 'aint that a bitch' (i linked) are incredible. read up.

edit; I know i wish he never used it, but honestly, he's making more money from that as it's more commercial, I'm sure you'd do the same thing. 10million dollars> 7 million dollars, right? Simple math.

Also, I feel his latest album where he plays the guitar and all, is just a mockery to the current rap scene; he's made his money, he can stop, he just wanted to go out on a low note
    Last edited by harrygoboom; 2010-06-13 at 02:46 AM.
    South Park's 'Gay Fish' was actually a lot catchier than a lot of Kanye songs. Yeah.

Old School > New School

Enough said.

/Thread

a bit of new school is innovative, unique, and enjoyable. i've said it before, i like big sean a lot. but most newshit is, well, shit, agreed.

Rap died along time ago, what's left is pure garbage filled with vulgarity and narcissism with little or no real meaning or talent.

for the most part i agree, yoshi. but as i said, there are a few exclusions. most is meaningless, sure, but i mean.. is rock meaningful? thats how i look at it, i always compare in a spectrum.

i still enjoy it for the rhyming, and if it's someone good, the ability put into their word play etc.

be it if it was better then than it is now, sure, i can agree, but there are still good names. not everyone swears just because, or even narcissistic in nature.

if anything i feel you're falling down the stereotype i've spoken about before that we all know and love, following the trends that older rappers were and always will be worshiped as gods etc.

/rant

Aussie F***in' Hip-hop > Most of the American mainstream.

Funkoars
    M-Phazes
    Illy
    Downsyde
    Hilltop Hoods
    Bliss N Esso
    The Herd
    Ozi Batla
    Urthboy
    Butterfingers
    Hyjak N Torcha

The only modern American hip-hop I will listen to is Lupe and Nas. Looking forward to picking up Lupe's new album when it finally drops.

Other than that I love listening to beats made by the late, great Nujabes (R.I.P). They transcend genres and should be listened to anyone who can appreciate music.

Don't know much outside of the USA scene. I'll look at some of that, deladeu; looked at a few of hilltop hoods already as the name is familiar, all good.

And yes, Nujabes should be enjoyable to anyone, unless you're into grunge and other bizarre shit i guess.

Deleted
    GZA - Liquid Swords
    nuff said !!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulluhead/Anguish View Post
    Well to be perfectly honest I disagree,he isn't commercial at all and never was.
    Hmmm I don't know.
    Don't get me wrong I'm a huge Eminem fan love nearly all his music, but the whole "Slim Shady" side of Eminem was extremely commercial.

OT: Really looking forward to his new album though since there's alot of Featurings.
    and the whole Lil wayne hate going on in this thread, totally agree never liked him, only song I like by him is Drop the World

...Drop the world? of all songs..? :| Listen to most of Carter II, 'aint that a bitch' off C1, 3peat off C3, etc. some good songs.

Eminem's new album, in all honesty, is not good; it's on the 'safe' side.

15+ Year Old Account
    Any "rap" these days is not rap. Maybe Jay-Z and Eminem, but the rest of them are doing "Pop Rap" Lil Wayne, Drake. If you dont believe me, just see Katy Perry and Snoop Dogg if you haven't already, as if his career wasn't already dead... So N.A.S. Maybe your song was right http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAKxjTRV6ms

P.S. Please don't call Soulja Boy a rapper, that's like calling Justin Bieber the next Michael Jackson.