Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Why do tanks think they're so special?

Tanks don't start out as some narcissistic jackass with an ego larger than Pauly Shores, they become that.

I was once a guy who hated those tanks, but after gearing TWO characters, JUST 2, I lost all faith in humanity.

If you really honestly have no idea why tanks hate it, reroll one. I'll paint you a picture of my day before I quit WoW:

You log in, check mail, and then queue up-oh snap it's already popped after 2 seconds.

You're in a group with 1-2 retarded dps, and 1 insanely good one with an equally large ego, and a healer who would rather be fapping to hentai. You're buffing (if you have buffs) and are waiting for everyone to buff, and one of the dps is just saying 'go go go go' as if they speak Portuguese and are unaware of any other English words.

You are pulling at a brisk manner, usually downing the wing in the time of 1 ae cd (~8 seconds) and are moving fast but are constantly being berated by that same moron.

You also pull up recount being insanely bored, and notice that you're heads and toes above the entire group in damage. And not even a paladin (sometimes)! You get to the first boss, and if it requires any sort of non tank-and-spank strategy, you're going to lose someone, as they usually will stand in fire or do something stupid. So, you either lose the moron dps who will initiate a vote-kick to kick the healer for not healing them with the throughput of a raid-tank healer WHILE healing the actual tank, or the good player dies, and initiates the kick for the moron who fucked up!

All the drama goes on for a few minutes, minutes you could be clearing, and the third dps chimes up that we should just continue the dungeon, or he just /leaves with better things to do. The healer then becomes frustrated with the moron dps and leaves, and the other 2 dps find that replacing a healer is just too time consuming, and opt to leave.

You are almost immediately given a new group and/or dungeon to start the process all over again.

I found after 1 day, that taking a break between bad groups helped somewhat, but not a lot. People are just morons, and tanks are either the moron of whom they perpetrate and persecute, or are the intelligent ones driven mad by the astounding amount of idiocy. I am probably the former, but yeah, you get the picture.
    You can't spell 'morgue' without 'rogue'...

I play a tank, and honestly tanks make or break 5-man dungeons.

If we dont do our role, everyone will die.
    If a dps doenst do his role, it doesnt really matter.
    If a healer doesnt do his role, the tank will pop CDs... in heroics these days heals arent too needed.

When a undergeared dps says in party chat "Wait for my mana", I say, "No, you're a dps, I'm gunna keep going"

I never charge for runs, and I usually dont talk in runs unless needed. I just want my 2 frost abdges and to get out of there. Yesterday I was called a horrible tank by some warlock doin 1300 dps saying I was going too fast because I wasnt waiting for his mana....

We are in a tank shortage and imo tanks are the most important roll in 5 mans... with heroics being so easy today, a tank and maybe a healer can do most of a dungeons without dps... they just make it go faster.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh god another one of these threads .well it,ll be fun to watch the OP get 20 pages he so cleverly wanted to get all by saying tanks and special .next he,ll do dps and retarded or healer and noob in the same line and god he,ll have a trilogy of trolling wooot .

Tbh sick to death of watching these threads degenerate into a bitching contest like always it accomplishes nothing doesnt achive anything and the point isnt even covered .i,d not worry too much if it was a discussion on why tanks think they are special but people like the OP must get a hardon when typing their highly original posts for the forum .

yes i know i,m feeding the troll but hey i,ll only post once the rest will post repeatadly and it,ll just be my epeends bigger than your epeen .

screw it think i,ll go play some wow instead of bothering to visit the site.

Gonna post an actual reply i dont think i,m special on both my tanks i do what the group i,m in asks of me if they want the extra 2 boss,s in ahnkat fine if more than one wants it okies .tbh if people i group with are respectful to me not as a tank but as a person i,ll be the same to them its not about me been a tank i,m god thats bullshit .its about enjoying the run downing the boss,
    helping 4 other people complete a dungeon makes me happy does that make me special No it may make me a freak but not special.
    Faith Manages

15+ Year Old Account

Please keep the discussion to one of the existing threads. Thanks.